Butie, I see you've lost the argument by throwing personal insults. No one forced you into this thread.

Butie, I see you've lost the argument by throwing personal insults. No one forced you into this thread.

Personal abuse - Tell you what please report my personal abuse to you go on.

Guest TPAFKATS

In your opinion. All I know is the 'fact' Arabs live peacefully within the state of Israel it's that good for them that they don't move to Palestine or Gaza. A bit like yourself you feel so strongly why don't you go over there and fight the cause and let the rest of us get on with our lives.

I dont know if DSS has considered going "over there", however its futile - the Israelis control the borders and wouldnae let him in wink.png

I dont know if DSS has considered going "over there", however its futile - the Israelis control the borders and wouldnae let him in wink.png

Have no doubt he is a nice guy but his passion run's to high on this subject to the point of throwing accusations of personal abuse. Maybe someone can tell me what is personal abuse about what I wrote.

This

you feel so strongly why don't you go over there and fight the cause and let the rest of us get on with our lives.

Ask yourself, why are the firing rockets in the first place?

To kill the enemy?

That was what I was always told was the main objective!

Of course when the west do it, what we are really doing is bombing them to help simplify the situation. Much like the success you see we achieved in peaceful states such as Libya, Iraq and Afghanistan.

BOTH sides are equally to blame.

BOTH sides refuse to recognise the others right to exist.

When two people are in the street firing guns at each other and innocent passers-by are being shot you have to be pretty stupid to stand around hand wringing worrying about who started it. You arrest and punish them both.

Taking sides in the Gaza situation is moronic.

Unfortunately it is not like two firing guns at each other in the street.

It's more like a neighbour throwing tennis balls in to his neighbour's garden and that neighbour throwing back hand grenades.

I DO accept other peoples opinion but when I asked you a simple question on one of your comments...you couldn't answer.

Here's another...Now. read very carefully....I'm going to ask you one very, very, very simple question to make it very EASY FOR YOU...Here it is....

What conspiracy theory am I being accused of?

Deary me you can go f**k yourself for talking to me like that. lol.gif

Unfortunately it is not like two firing guns at each other in the street.

It's more like a neighbour throwing tennis balls in to his neighbour's garden and that neighbour throwing back hand grenades.

Not unless the tennis balls are highly explosive it isn't.

Anyway I'll leave DSS to his meltdown.

This is perhaps your most puerile and cretinous attempt at... I dunno what?

Humour? Cynicism? Surrealism?

You seem to be the sole soul in meltdown if that's your wittiest repartee.

I feel your pain. :lol

Taken from Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs,

Under "Victims of Palestinian Violence and Terrorism"

"Jul 15, 2014 - Dror Hanin, 37, of Beit Aryeh was killed near the Erez Crossing after suffering a direct hit from a mortar fired by terrorists in the Gaza Strip, while delivering food to soldiers there.

Jul 19, 2014 - Ouda Lafi al-Waj, 32, was killed and three members of his family were injured, when a rocket fired from the Gaza Strip struck a small Bedouin settlement near Dimona.

Jul 23, 2014 - Narakorn Kittiyangkul, 36, from Nan's Pua district in Thailand was killed by a mortar fired from Gaza while working in a greenhouse in one of the Israeli communities in the Ashkelon Coast Regional Council."

Hamas's rockets have killed one person, mortars have killed two. 3 too many of course.

How many have Israel killed?

Almost one thousand.

Including 4 kids playing football on a beach on 8th July

http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2014/jul/16/gaza-israeli-strike-kills-four-children-beach-video

Was it not the Nazis who used to punish a whole family, or a whole village as they felt this would get their message across?

Guest TPAFKATS

Israel also bombed a school that was housing refugees last week. It was a designated UN refugee centre. I think that's currently being considered as a possible war crime, but I wont hold my breath on that being followed through...

Guest TPAFKATS

The Israeli state tells the world that the Israeli Defense Force does not target children or civilians on purpose, it also tells us that their technology and intelligence allows them to pinpoint targets.

In addition to the bombing of the kids on the beach and the shelling of the school cum refugee centre last week, yesterday the IDF killed over 100 Palestinians as well as UN refugee workers.

The IDF also destroyed mosques, the port, the tv and radio infrastructure, four factories, a couple more schools and nurseries and the only power plant in Gaza - I'm not sure if this is included amongst the 100 odd targets that they admit hitting.

Meanwhile in Tel Aviv sirens sounded as rockets were intercepted...

Guest TPAFKATS

Maybe children should be in charge of Palestine and Israel.

Grown ups in the area are pretty shite at being pals and being friendly with each other.

And atrocially inadequate at protecting the wee yins.

Maybe one good human being from each area could shake on peace, give each other a hug and bring all this murder to an end.

A sort of jessification to the region which might work.

I've given this some more thought shull.

What they need is a Middle East peace envoy...

The problem here is that Hamas have been firing rockets for many many months into Israel. They arent going to stop so Israel has every right to defend itself. And I support them in doing so. Hamas are also firing the rockets from residential buildings, schools, hospitals etc. They speak openly about using the poor bastards in Gaza as human shields. Which is actually a war crime (not that the UN has said a word on THAT) And Hamas have a stated aim of killin all Jews and cleansing muslim land of all Jews, christians and anything else that isnt muslim. So, take the side of them and thats what you support. Good luck.

There is also a huge fight currently going on in Syria, Isis are trying to conquers Iraq and are at Baghdads gates. The have cleansed ALL Christians from Mosul (where they have been long before Islam was dreamed up) and are going around executing people that arent their version of islam. We dont seem as fixated on any of that.

These types will eventually be marching on Israel as well. They, like Hamas, have a stated aim of killing all jews and the destruction of all things jew related and a retaking of "their" land. They want one muslim caliphate in the area. Im not exactly sure why the loony left decided to support these types of people who treat everyone who doesnt think like them as a piece of shit but there has been a long strand of anti Jewishness with the hard left since it was shat out as a political view.

Anyway. Islam is the real problem here. Anyone that cant see this is a bit of a fool. Wherever it goes, it brings death and misery and a destruction of peoples freedoms.

3 lives < 1000 lives

That's not whataboutery, you stupid person.

It's proportionality or simple moral arithmetic.

As far as I'm aware there have been considerably more than 3 killed on the Israeli side? Although, if that suits your view, keep posting propaganda.

I don't think the numbers matter, one person is one person too many for this current situation where there will be no winners. sad.png

As far as I'm aware there have been considerably more than 3 killed on the Israeli side? Although, if that suits your view, keep posting propaganda.

I don't think the numbers matter, one person is one person too many for this current situation where there will be no winners. :(

This thread has been sparked off by the current situation.

Those numbers relate to the last couple of weeks and I'd suggest that in terms of non-combatants/civilians it's not far out... I'm tempted to say that there is obvious overkill taking place.

The numbers do matter - THAT is where moral equivalence should be kicking in.

Edited by bluto

This thread has been sparked off by the current situation.

Those numbers relate to the last couple of weeks and I'd suggest that in terms of non-cobatants/civilians it's not far out... I'm tempted to say that there is obvious overkill taking place.

The numbers do matter - THAT is where moral equivalence should be kicking in.

If a bunch of wee boys take on a bunch of big boys I'd imagine the casualties would be worse for the wee boys.

What do you expect, the big boys to stop using their weapons?

Would this "moral equivalence" be acceptable if the numbers were equal?

There seems to be no regard for ANY numbers you care to produce, by the pro Hamas support, a terrible disregard for life.

PS Don't soldiers lives count in your world?

Edited by faraway saint

If a bunch of wee boys take on a bunch of big boys I'd imagine the casualties would be worse for the wee boys.

What do you expect, the big boys to stop using their weapons?

Would this "moral equivalence" be acceptable if the numbers were equal?

There seems to be no regard for ANY numbers you care to produce, by the pro Hamas support, a terrible disregard for life.

PS Don't soldiers lives count in your world?

That's a ridiculous assertion, faraway - the sole reason I post on this thread is because of my regard for this wastage of human life.

And, of course, soldiers count.

The point is that Israel claims to be capable of avoiding civilians. The numbers quoted relate to civilians. Which is why I would exclude combatants.... Sigh...

This cannot be simplistically reduced to being about wee boys and big boys fighting.

It's an ongoing occupation, oppression and continuing invasion of a weak group by a more powerful group.

Edited by bluto

In any combat situation there will be civilian casualties,history shows us that is a fact which cannot be denied. We would all wish that these deaths hadn`t happened (on both "sides") and the blame lies with both parties involved.

Hamas must share responsibility for the casualties among their own people, If they care so much for the people who they claim to represent and care so passionately about then they must realise the futility of their actions by their constant rocket attacks on a much bigger ,better equipped & capable foe. Its akin to attacking a tank with a pea shooter and being surprised when said tank blows you & who ever is beside you into a thousand bits.

Israel ,for their part need to stop area bombing these missile sites (which are often placed in residential areas) Area bombing is ineffective & frowned upon by the international community & potentially leaves Israel open to more calls for war crime charges. Israels actions are as much a show of force to the rest of their potential enemies in the middle east as an attempt to weed out Hamas operatives.

Whats the answer ? Honestly , i havent a bloody clue !

While Hamas want to wipe out anything thats remotely Jewish & while Israel continue to have the Military muscle & support from powerful friendly countries to continue getting away with their actions the whole bloody mess will continue on & off. The fundamental difference in the beliefs of both sides will never go away but with a bit of luck and a concerted effort from the whole international community (wont hold my breath on that one!), the best we can hope for is that the situation may be managed to prevent further bloodshed.

Neither of the two sides have a claim to be in the right, the actions of BOTH are resulting in innocent lives being lost daily.