Cheesy

The whole team was shocking with the exception of Plumber who I still thought was poor compared to the Motherwell game imo.

I am neither a Cheesy lover or hater and he had a shocking game the other night against Hamilton but still say he has never had a decent defender to play along side in his St.Mirren career and untill he does then I will reserve my judgement and give him my full support!!

I did state he had poor game but question was why single him out as everyone had poor game

as some people believe he is not SPFL standard they should expect poor games, why isn't there thread on others in team who are our best players, as personally i thought others who you expect more of are a bigger let down

Although we shouldn't have any threads like this which are more like a witch hunt, yes we are all entitled to criticise poor performances but as supporters i will keep saying we should get behind every player who wears the strip

the thread was already running about him and I commented on something that's fundamentally wrong with our squad the fact that he will not get dropped inspite of being horrific for 30 mins. If there had been threads about other players I would have commented on them there.

Point has been made that Cheesy has good gamers and bad games. However any player no matter how bad, and I've seen a few of them in my time watching StMirren, will have the occasional good game, but inevitably, as we seen last night, they will revert to type.

I'm not saying he has no ability, he's not a bad header of the ball and puts in a decent tackle. Unfortunately his reading of the game, positional sense, judgement and basic football ability are all shocking. I've no doubt he tries his best, is all heart and commitment, but he cant be better than he is. Its not his fault. He's now 26 at his peak and wont improve with games. I'm baffled as to why he is club captain.

Desperately need to get a decent centre half in. Until then we have a number of defenders who can be utilised in the positions.

He should be put on gardening leave made available for transfer. I don't believe he has the ability to play at this level. If he continues to play then as inevitably as night follows day we will see the type of absolute howlers he committed last night, I think it was 3 or 4, and it will lose us games

I've been saying this for years now - even highlighting where he's been going wrong in the most constructive sense imaginable. Sadly, as well as being a poor defender he's also clearly incapable of learning from his experiences and from his mistakes.

I dare say he might do well in the Scottish Second Division but there's no way he should be playing top flight football in Scotland, even in the shite state it's in just now. And he certainly shouldn't be amongst the top earners, or be club captain. That's just ripping the piss.

He's brutal,he needs shifted but daddy will make sure he doesn't

I don't think that has ever been an issue. Calling that into question means that the dignity of both men is being challenged and I do not agree with that. Cheesy loves this club. He can be very inconsistent, but suggesting he gets his place because of his father alone is just a bit too much for me...

I've been saying this for years now - even highlighting where he's been going wrong in the most constructive sense imaginable. Sadly, as well as being a poor defender he's also clearly incapable of learning from his experiences and from his mistakes.

I dare say he might do well in the Scottish Second Division but there's no way he should be playing top flight football in Scotland, even in the shite state it's in just now. And he certainly shouldn't be amongst the top earners, or be club captain. That's just ripping the piss.

And what gives you the right to comment???.A guy who knows football inside out said at half time that Marc had a great first half but unfortunately and by his own admission he had a horrendous second half.He will continue to give 100% though and will come back from this setback.Now please f**k off back to your referendum forum you tedious c**t and leave the fitba to us.

As has been said he is capable of being a decent defender when he plays at his best like last week but he doesn't do that enough and is just not good enough for this level. I like him because he gives 100%, is never one to shirk out of a tackle and is a buddie through and through but it's time to replace him. At 26 years old he's not going to get any better either.

As has been said he is capable of being a decent defender when he plays at his best like last week but he doesn't do that enough and is just not good enough for this level. I like him because he gives 100%, is never one to shirk out of a tackle and is a buddie through and through but it's time to replace him. At 26 years old he's not going to get any better either.

Exactly and he switched off and allowed the boy who scored, who he was right beside, move away from him open up a 3/4 yard gap and have a free shot from the rebound.

I know Kello sjhould have at least pushed the ball wide, but cheessy just switched off and watched it all unfold. No what I expect hrom our CH and main man in defence. And he was "at his best"

So he was at least in part culpable for all 3 goals we have lost in the league.

Edited by Radar

Why oh why is there always got to be a scapegoat? St Mirren so-called fans like nothing better than blaming someone no matter what. Gus, DL And now Tommy Craig are hounded after every defeat. In the last year Harkins was hounded out, now McAusland blamed for everything. Even McLean was on the boo boys list for a while.

FFS it's embarrassing!

Why oh why is there always got to be a scapegoat? St Mirren so-called fans like nothing better than blaming someone no matter what. Gus, DL And now Tommy Craig are hounded after every defeat. In the last year Harkins was hounded out, now McAusland blamed for everything. Even McLean was on the boo boys list for a while.

FFS it's embarrassing!

Harkins was shite for us, though.

Cheesy is not going anywhere, he will be continually selected for the season. Good games and bad games but the fact that he had the arm band on Wednesday proves that he will be here to stay.

Yes, he had a howler on Wednesday night but as a few posters have already mentioned getting on his back after the slightest mistake won't help.

And what gives you the right to comment???.A guy who knows football inside out said at half time that Marc had a great first half but unfortunately and by his own admission he had a horrendous second half.He will continue to give 100% though and will come back from this setback.Now please f**k off back to your referendum forum you tedious c**t and leave the fitba to us.

Cheesy undoubtedly had a good first half. Very composed and assured for the most part.

Second half was an inexplicable shambles. Could that have been something to do with the half time talk? All speculation, but it was was quite striking in terms of contrast.

In the space of a few minutes after the break, I commented to poz that he should have headed the ball but chested it, then should have chested the ball but headed it! Bizarre stuff.

I think he would benefit from someone alongside who can mop things up and do the dirty work. When you watch him play, he can be quite accomplished (his cross for Thommo to score against Celtic in the semi is a perfect illustration of this), but he isn't suited to the basic graft. Another issue is the fact that he is wearing the captains armband in Thommo's absence. It didn't suit Shuggie, and it doesn't sit well with Cheesy. Too much pressure, and too much spotlight.

He is inconsistent...that's not to say he's crap.

He doesn't like the expectation that can thrust on him as he obviously takes his responsibility for the club very seriously and has a great deal of affection for it.

That can mean that he overthinks and gets flustered. His own standards are impeccably high and that can thrust such burdens on someones shoulders that they eventually begin to buckle.

That's what happens...

So threads where people just hammer the guy ain't exactly gonna help.

He is inconsistent...that's not to say he's crap.

He doesn't like the expectation that can thrust on him as he obviously takes his responsibility for the club very seriously and has a great deal of affection for it.

That can mean that he overthinks and gets flustered. His own standards are impeccably high and that can thrust such burdens on someones shoulders that they eventually begin to buckle.

That's what happens...

So threads where people just hammer the guy ain't exactly gonna help.

You must have travelled up a lot to have such knowledge?

Nice story .....................

You must have travelled up a lot to have such knowledge?

Nice story .....................

I must admit, I only really get to see highlights and odd live games, of course I do...but that's how I see it when he plays. I've never watched two games were he seems the same guy.

I'm obivously trying too hard to have an opinion when, admittedly, I'm not as clued up as I'd like to be! I am looking forward to getting along to games though - like I said, it doesn't feel as though I've got a valid voice until I can get along there or be more actively involved. I have always been watching/listening from afar, like.

It's obviously only in the past 5 or 6 years my interest has been piqued.

I'm gonna draw back before I make myself look like a numpty...or more of a numpty anyway.

Edited by esaciar

Cheesy undoubtedly had a good first half. Very composed and assured for the most part.

Second half was an inexplicable shambles. Could that have been something to do with the half time talk? All speculation, but it was was quite striking in terms of contrast.

In the space of a few minutes after the break, I commented to poz that he should have headed the ball but chested it, then should have chested the ball but headed it! Bizarre stuff.

I think he would benefit from someone alongside who can mop things up and do the dirty work. When you watch him play, he can be quite accomplished (his cross for Thommo to score against Celtic in the semi is a perfect illustration of this), but he isn't suited to the basic graft. Another issue is the fact that he is wearing the captains armband in Thommo's absence. It didn't suit Shuggie, and it doesn't sit well with Cheesy. Too much pressure, and too much spotlight.

By all accounts (I'm on another continent) Plummer has been the best player on the park for us, in both games so far. So don't see why we need to sign another type of centre half just to try and help McAusland play better!

So the day's of blaming Potter, Mair, McGregor, and Goodwin for McAusland's 'moments' are over. If he continues to put in performances as described, whilst Plummer strolls through games, no-one can blame his defensive partner.

If Plummer is as good as described, we should look to capitalise on his season with us, and get in an experienced centre half, ala Michael Duberry at St Johnstone, full of experience to play beside him.

McAusland can fill in off the bench where necessary. Because I really can see us progressing up the league when McAusland is a cast iron first pick, let alone Captain.

Edited by NeilPar72