Jim Goodwin..... Legend

Jim Goodwin... legend?  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cup winning hero. One of only 4 captains in the clubs history to lift a major title. Also a really nice guy to boot.

He was immense at the end of last season and played a big part in turning our season around. He wrote off the naysayers them, and he will again this season.

I very much back Jim Goodwin in general. He let us down on Saturday, but on the whole, he does a decent job for Saints.

This season we have an able deputy in Declan Hughes and I hope he will start against the Accies - and then give Goodwin a mountain to climb to get back in the side.

Goody does a great job for us. At the end of last season he was subject to continuous assault as other teams targeted him but he just got up and got on with it. He is a loss when not in the team. He just needs to calm down a bit and concentrate on football. But I do get pissed off when he is in the stand when he should be on the park.

Goody has to play the way he did at the tail end of last season. We are definitely a weaker team without him at the heart of our midfield. But he is of no use to us if he is continually sitting in the stand or cautious about making another tackle if already on a booking

Hes a good player, no doubt about that. He wears his heart on his sleeve. He NEEDS to cut out the stupidity, it will cost us more and more. We didnt look like the team with 10 men on saturday to be fair, but with him on the park, the result may have been different

Guest TPAFKATS

Cup winning hero. One of only 4 captains in the clubs history to lift a major title.

This alone makes Jim Goodwin a legend. Nothing he does, football wise, will change that.

I bet Salmond wishes he could rig a poll like you. I believe he did try. Jim Goodwin is a bit of a legend. Very few, if any, who contributed to the other thread said they wanted rid of him.

Oh yes they did! Start reading at the title.... Then all the knicker wetting fan-boys that some how think we don't need a player that would walk into all but one of the teams in this league (he already walked into the other).

Make no mistake, this sorts out the saints fans, from the fan-boys!

i would not want him playing any other way,maybe we should just get a good replacement on the bench for him and take him off when it looks like he will be sent off, maybe that will make him think to not fly in when he knows he could be hooked, other players in the league get away with it but sadly jim will always be a target for refs and players who want to wind him up

i would not want him playing any other way,maybe we should just get a good replacement on the bench for him and take him off when it looks like he will be sent off, maybe that will make him think to not fly in when he knows he could be hooked, other players in the league get away with it but sadly jim will always be a target for refs and players who want to wind him up

Too true Buddiecat.

If Half of these Knicker wetting fan boys were man u fans they would probably have ben calling for Paul Scholes to be dropped! They seem to know f**k all about playing contact sport, and a lot about nothing much.

In future we just play him until he is booked then hook him. Simple. He can share the position with young Hughes so we get the benefit of both worlds :)

What happens if we also get an injury and only have one tactical sub left? Indeed, what if three players need replaced for reasons other than being a liabilty and we can only replace two?

What happens if we also get an injury and only have one tactical sub left? Indeed, what if three players need replaced for reasons other than being a liabilty and we can only replace two?

What if the sky falls down?!?!sad.png

I hope Div can pass on the results of this poll to the club, and Jim Goodwin specifically that show over 90% of saints fans have voted Goody a Saints playing......

LEGEND........!

It might have been more balanced with a third option of BOTH!