Partick Thistle V St Mirren ... League Cup R3

TopCat

We started without McGinn, Plummer and Naismith, we lost Teale and Drury to injuries during the match. Most teams would struggle after losing 5 players.

Make all the excuses we want, both team were abysmal tonight chuck in a totally incompetent ref and what do you have 120 mins of total boredom, Our players were dropping like flees, I cant think of a shot we had on target, Calum Murray the ref a term I use loosely was totally out his depths in a game a 5 year old could have refereed, Poor show for the Scottish game, Everybody should have got a refund,

very optomistic gary .not like you mate

Make all the excuses we want, both team were abysmal tonight chuck in a totally incompetent ref and what do you have 120 mins of total boredom, Our players were dropping like flees, I cant think of a shot we had on target, Calum Murray the ref a term I use loosely was totally out his depths in a game a 5 year old could have refereed, Poor show for the Scottish game, Everybody should have got a refund,

Edited by saltcoatsbuddie

George you don't know lucky you to have broken leg, cos even that is better than watching this drivel week in week out, TC is a great guy but he should never have got the job, we should directing our displeasure at the board room bud.

am back sat mate .as long as I don't hit delila wi ma crutch ,since when does ANYONE on board give a toss what happens on the park ,,,been a while mate

We started without McGinn, Plummer and Naismith, we lost Teale and Drury to injuries during the match. Most teams would struggle after losing 5 players.

Teams rarely have full squads to choose from, I think thistle had 3 players out tonight too.

The two injuries during the game is fair comment, but drury's was virtually at the end of 90 mins when we'd be rank rotten. Teale I'll give you because I don't think we'd have been quite so poor if we had him as an out ball.

I have walked out of games after being pumped silly and not felt as bad as I do tonight. Friday was a fluke and tonight we were utter crap. I have never before witnessed so many slack passes or long balls to nobody. It was that bad. Tommy your philosophy isn't working as tonight we played zero football. The strikers bar ball are woeful and Reilly well sorry but it's time up for tam. I'm bewildered as to how it's so bad I mean tonight I left wondering when our next point will be? The happy clappers can defend all they want a team that is utterly shambolic and devoid of talent. This is a team that is heading for the drop no doubt about it. At least last year we were crap but you still hoped the odd time we might nick something. This team is arguably worse that Danny lennons of 2010-11 which was so bad it was frightening . We're gubbed with this lot

can someone forward this to the board ,as im sure they only look on here when we win !!!!!!!!

I have walked out of games after being pumped silly and not felt as bad as I do tonight. Friday was a fluke and tonight we were utter crap. I have never before witnessed so many slack passes or long balls to nobody. It was that bad. Tommy your philosophy isn't working as tonight we played zero football. The strikers bar ball are woeful and Reilly well sorry but it's time up for tam. I'm bewildered as to how it's so bad I mean tonight I left wondering when our next point will be? The happy clappers can defend all they want a team that is utterly shambolic and devoid of talent. This is a team that is heading for the drop no doubt about it. At least last year we were crap but you still hoped the odd time we might nick something. This team is arguably worse that Danny lennons of 2010-11 which was so bad it was frightening . We're gubbed with this lot

You can't think of a shot on target... Really? Were you there? Off the top of my head I can think of 3.

Expected over reaction on here.

Despite us struggling badly with injuries, we won and drew at a top flight clubs ground in 90 minutes twice in five days. Time to hit the panic button?

Last nights 90 minutes could have went either way, we had a couple of decent chances, so did they.

They - not surprisingly given our injuries - seemed to be the fresher in extra time. Even then, they weren't exactly all over us.

Edited by TopCat

Enjoyed my couple o pints in Munns Bar before the game but can't really say I enjoyed the game and got soaked on the way home!

Always try to look for positives but struggling a bit........

Ball looks like he could be a useful target man but he could do with losing a few pound, maybe even a stone.

I like Tess at left back but he had quite a few stray passes (as did most of the team - the general passing was really quite poor). Fancy giving Kelly a run at wide left midfield in front of Tess - would be better than Wylde.

Wasn't impressed by Wylde, Marwood (although he had a couple of runs at their defence in the 2nd half), McLean or Reilly.

McLean needs to get back to basics at times - i.e. short pass to keep a move going rather than a 60yard shot!

I agree with others - Reilly hasn't got what it takes at this level - sorry Thomas.

Caldwell didn't impress either.

Didn't think Thistle looked that clever and finally the referee was absolutely shocking. Speaking as an ex referee, I say again - the referee's performance was SHOCKING.

We had a few on target. Maybe the polls got in your way?