Singing Section W5 (Confirmed) + Update

Hamilton accies fans get behind them with a drum and loo how they are doing? I think it makes a better atmosphere

It's much easier to make a noise when you are watching a winning team than a losing one.

To be honest I don't think 700 Accies fans are going to make much difference to what they do on the pitch.

We won't suddenly start winning if the fans use a drum. Only thing guaranteed is sore heads and even more pissed off fans IMO.

It's much easier to make a noise when you are watching a winning team than a losing one.

To be honest I don't think 700 Accies fans are going to make much difference to what they do on the pitch.

We won't suddenly start winning if the fans use a drum. Only thing guaranteed is sore heads and even more pissed off fans IMO.

Maybe things would improve if the fans used a gun! Boom! Boom.!

I was using them as an example

Yep going ahead in W5. After this game the club will make a decision on whether to keep it going

I'm sure that the way to get them to keep it going is by continuing to sing for the full 90 regardless of what happens on the pitch (you can have a quiet 5 mins each half to get a wee drink to wet your whistle). When I read the first page I was under the impression that the group wanted to sing to get behind the team to help improve performances and results. By all accounts the singing fizzled out half way through the first half. I appreciate that it's not easy to keep it up when the game is flat but I thought that was your aim.

Well done for having a go anyway and I hope it continues and grows.

How aboot horns?

Think people need to quit the moaning. It's not that much of an effort to move down a few seats if you canny see.

It's a football ground, not a cinema.

But if people have a season ticket and been sat there for the last few years and now need to move you can understand them being annoyed.

Don't see what the big issue is with using a drum? Any Section/Singing Group/Ultra group etc that are successful use a drum in all respect it's a must now a days!

Holmsdale Fanatics - Crystal Palace

Well Bois - Motherwell

617 Squadron - Lincoln

Red Faction - Middlesbrough

Too just name a few all us a drum and successfully get there section/stadium rocking!

If theres such a big issue with a drum then there must be a big issue with people singing? No one has backed up the argument about saying no to drums?

you want atmosphere but you don't want drums? logic?

why must there be an issue with singing if there is a issue with drums???? And there clearly isn't seen as no one appears to have posted such. There is no argument about saying no to drums some of us just don't like them. Atmosphere but no drums - logic? Again your view that drums create an atmosphere - some of us disagree.

Your failing to see the point. Backing the team instead of moaning

We all back the team ye don't need to bang a fookin drum to support the team

Give me a good reason why we shouldn't use a drum? and not this aww it's annoying?

that is a good reason. Sing yer fookin hearts oot batter in ..................mibbe a tambourine???? :-)

Well done lads. After only two weeks of this 'singing section' you've managed to create an US VS THEM attitude towards the rest of the west stand support.

Lets be honest here, it's not really a singing section is it? Its an area for you to stand up with your pals and watch the game. Maybe break into a song or three every 10 minutes.

If St.Mirren Active really want to be pro active in helping out SMFC. Try saving up all your pocket money and use it to pay off Tommy Craig.

I wished you support with this at the beginning but it's a pointless exercise now. Can't see it being back for the next home game and dare i say it, i thought the Supras were much better.

Edited by Spam_Valley

Well done lads. After only two weeks of this 'singing section' you've managed to create an US VS THEM attitude towards the rest of the west stand support.

Lets be honest here, it's not really a singing section is it? Its an area for you to stand up with your pals and watch the game. Maybe break into a song or three every 10 minutes.

If St.Mirren Active really want to be pro active in helping out SMFC. Try saving up all your pocket money and use it to pay off Tommy Craig.

I wished you support with this at the beginning but it's a pointless exercise now. Can't see it being back for the next home game and dare i say it, i thought the Supras were much better.

Assuming you were one of the guys giving us pelters during the second half?

The red tape didn't help, alienated us from the rest of the support.

I think our fans in general are shite. Can understand moaning when we're not playing well but we did try our best to get behind the team. The team did nothing to inspire the crowd.

Agree there's too many wee ned clingers on. Not got enough bodies to create a proper atmosphere. The rest of the ground was like a morgue today.

I won't be in the section again. The negativity from the rest of the support is ridiculous.

I think our fans in general are shite. Can understand moaning when we're not playing well but we did try our best to get behind the team. The team did nothing to inspire the crowd.

Agree there's too many wee ned clingers on. Not got enough bodies to create a proper atmosphere. The rest of the ground was like a morgue today.

I won't be in the section again. The negativity from the rest of the support is ridiculous.

I wouldn't say abuse but i told you to shut up right after you sung 'we're St.Mirren fans, we slate our team' or whatever it was you composed to that effect. The red tape has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Our fans are rightly disgusted at the current situation we're in and probably don't fancy singing too much while we watch the garbage put infront of us - and it seemed like you lot didn't fancy it either.

Labelling our fans as 'shite' is a sure fire way to get the support you crave for your new singing section, well done. smart move.

I don't think you'll need to worry about not going to the section again, i doubt there will be another attempt at it in the next home game. I'd go as far as saying there was more snipes and negativity coming from your section than 'The others'

Our support is shite, there's no other way to describe it. Constantly shouting abuse at the players and manager is no way to support our team. The players want us to get behind them, not slate them.

Not once did the rest of the stand join in. The idea of a singing section was to bring atmosphere to St Mirren park. Singing section start songs, and try to get everyone involved. Instead the "rest" seemed to think we should be some kind of juke box that constantly belts out songs. Then complains when we fall silent...

Without participation in the rest of the ground, it will never work anyway.

I didn't know you got pelters during the 2nd half - that is just shite tbh. To say our fans in general are shite - NO NO NO do NOT slag the guys and gals who go week in week out no matter - that's just stupid! Again you say the team did nothing to inspire the crowd - and again that's the point I keep making you NEED a performance for an atmosphere. Our wee crowd had a few songs, our wee crowd are passionate and encouraged - some around booed and moaned as they always do - the thing is they are still there. I am not interested in sitting in the singing section, I sit with my pals and when we feel like it we sing and we have a laugh, that does not mean I am against the singing section I'm just happy where I am. 2 weeks now you have tried to create an atmosphere and you couldn't be bothered singing the whole time - that says it all. Give us a team on the park and the singing will come. We are all fans together but calling fans shite and this nonsense of stop sitting on your hands has to stop - there are guys in my company who have hardly missed a game home or away for 40 years - shite????

Our support is shite, there's no other way to describe it. Constantly shouting abuse at the players and manager is no way to support our team. The players want us to get behind them, not slate them.

Not once did the rest of the stand join in. The idea of a singing section was to bring atmosphere to St Mirren park. Singing section start songs, and try to get everyone involved. Instead the "rest" seemed to think we should be some kind of juke box that constantly belts out songs. Then complains when we fall silent...

you cant say our support is shite - one of pet hates - generalisation. SOME of our support moan and abuse players and SOME of the stand joined in just like SOME of us started songs also. You are coming across as them and us and that's a big mistake - 'the rest' NAW we all saints fans.

I wouldn't say the abuse is constant infact i reckon today we were pretty encouraging but when you see professional footballers failing to do the basics correctly, it tends to get on your tits and you shout a bit. I find it incredibly hard to give our boys 90minutes of happy clapping encouragement when i'm seeing that (today) infront of me.

I thought you guys were the singing section? SING. I wasn't aware that it was dependent on others joining in. That's basically what's been happening at the football for decades. Someone starts a song and whoever fancies joining in, does. You guys were meant to be a different, atmosphere creating band of ultras that sang for 90mins and changed the west stand for the better. Instead, you've more or less rounded up all your pals and stood up the back of the stand for a home game and when it appears to be failing you resort to having a go at the other fans around you.

Exit..stage left.

The atmosphere in St Mirren park is rotten. The singing section was a simple idea to introduce something new. Fair enough, it hasn't worked, but some of the comments aimed in our direction during the second half (and on the way out of the ground) were quite frankly disgusting.

"Singing section my arse" "yer nothing but a bunch of wee c*nts" to name a few of them.

Can understand people are frustrated, a few wee neds latched on, but none of us were behaving badly. There's no need for those kind of comments when people are doing their best to get behind the team!

You can't expect people to sing non stop for 90 minutes when the team is playing pish.

Thanks to St Mirren for letting us try.