Fan Zone At St Mirren Park This Saturday V Motherwell

TopCat

Is the fan zone thing happening on Saturday ?

I've not heard much about it other than the article on the fan council website which says the below;

We are creating a Fans Zone at the stadium for our home game against Motherwell on Saturday 20th December,2014.

It's an opportunity to catch up with fellow Saints Supporters at Christmas, with a range of activities organised to keep your spirits up before and after the game with the opening time of 12.30pm.

The Fan Zone will be a St.Mirren supporters only dedicated area, under the protection of a large Marquee specially hired for the day as a result of funds raised in the latest Fans Council lottery.

The key activities are as follows:

• Live Band The Ten Bob Sliders with Stevie Thompsons Dad Graham Thompson playing.
  • Pop Up Club Shop for last minute Saints Christmas gifts
  • Hot Dog and Burger Bar
  • Kids Zone with playstations provided
  • Live On Screen Football, Man City v Crystal Palace 12.45 K.O
  • Bar with both alcolholic and non alcoholic drinks

(subject to pending drinks licence)

We can accomodate any numbers of supporters as long as they have registered online.Entry is FREE.

To guarantee your place register at [email protected]

The Marquee will be situated in the car park area between the Family Stand and West Stand.

Opening and closing times are as follows:

12.30 pm open and closing at 3pm with last drink orders at 2.40 pm

5pm re open until 6pm close with last orders at 5.40pm.

Lets hope there is something to celebrate after the game !

Wishing all our fellow St.Mirren supporters, a very Merry Christmas

I'd be up for going along to this and have sent off an email. Anyone else ?

Is the fan zone thing happening on Saturday ?

I've not heard much about it other than the article on the fan council website which says the below;

I'd be up for going along to this and have sent off an email. Anyone else ?

Just posted on the other thread asking the same thing then seen you had made this at the exact same time bangin.gif I would be up for this, do you need to register? And if so where?

I'm having trouble mustering enthusiasm for the game itself, much less mustering enthusiasm for drinking alcohol in a tent, in winter, at a place I have to drive to, with the new Scottish drink-drive limit in place, at this time of year, with the polis' out brandishing breathalyser kits like The Rangers fans brandish 'sack the board whoever they are this week' protest banners.

I'm out.

Edited by pozbaird

Just posted on the other thread asking the same thing then seen you had made this at the exact same time bangin.gif I would be up for this, do you need to register? And if so where?

Great minds mate, or just great piss heads !

I have sent an email to [email protected] as it says in the article to do that.

I've also tweeted the council to see if it's still happening.

Not having a dig but it hasn't been very well promoted so far. Maybe they are going for a big effort this week in the lead up to the match.

I'm having trouble mustering enthusiasm for the game itself, much less mustering enthusiasm for drinking alcohol in a tent, in winter, at a place I have to drive to, with the new Scottish drink-drive limit in place, at this time of year, with the polis' out brandishing breathalyser kits like The Rangers fans brandish 'sack the board whoever they are this week' protest banners.

I'm out.

Come on grumpy, I will buy you an Irn Bru.

Great minds mate, or just great piss heads !

I have sent an email to [email protected] as it says in the article to do that.

I've also tweeted the council to see if it's still happening.

Not having a dig but it hasn't been very well promoted so far. Maybe they are going for a big effort this week in the lead up to the match.

Was thinking the same, can see why it might not have been a great idea with the way results have been going but it is a huge game now with TC gone so they should be advertising to get as many people there as possible. Don't really get why they need people to register to go as well.

Was thinking the same, can see why it might not have been a great idea with the way results have been going but it is a huge game now with TC gone so they should be advertising to get as many people there as possible. Don't really get why they need people to register to go as well.

Agreed, I'm not sure if that was just a way of getting email addresses for marketing, or whether it was something to do with the terms of the license (if they got one as it says in the article that it was subject to license being granted).

Either way it's been very quiet since the raffle tickets were sent out.

I must admit I completely forgot to return the raffle tickets so I'm probably being a bit of a hypocrite if its not happening because of lack of support.

I'd be quite happy to pay a donation at the door towards the council though.

If I were the club, I'd bin this idea for now due to set up costs. I can't see them breaking even. If we can get a run of results, wait til the weather improves and possibly run a series of fan zones in the last quarter of the season, that might be a safer idea.

If I were the club, I'd bin this idea for now due to set up costs. I can't see them breaking even. If we can get a run of results, wait til the weather improves and possibly run a series of fan zones in the last quarter of the season, that might be a safer idea.

it's a fans council gig so doesnt cost the club anything, it does mean the youth set-up doesnt get the the donation from the raffle this year, it's been stated that any profit made will go towards a supporters club at the ground, dont know where that would be sited though

Delighted to announce the drinks licence for Saturdays Saints Fans Zone approved today. We couldn't market the event fully until we had the go ahead from the local authority which only happened today. For the record , the drinks licence was applied for on the 20th October. There are many activities including Stevie Thompsons Dads band "The Ten Bob Sliders" playing live. It's more than just " a drink in a tent" as we want to make it a family event with facilities for children etc.

Hope all our supporters have a good day and the forum contributors who stated we would never get a drinks licence will have to buy us a pint.

St.Mirren Fans Council

Delighted to announce the drinks licence for Saturdays Saints Fans Zone approved today. We couldn't market the event fully until we had the go ahead from the local authority which only happened today. For the record , the drinks licence was applied for on the 20th October. There are many activities including Stevie Thompsons Dads band "The Ten Bob Sliders" playing live. It's more than just " a drink in a tent" as we want to make it a family event with facilities for children etc.

Hope all our supporters have a good day and the forum contributors who stated we would never get a drinks licence will have to buy us a pint.

St.Mirren Fans Council

i can see 3 people stating that there was a chance you wouldn't get a licence, none said you would never get one, well done for getting it, and in true fans council tradition one of the ex-council members has got his band a wee gig,

Edited by buddiecat

there is a thread about it on this forum somewhere, have a look

i can see 3 people stating that there was a chance you wouldn't get a licence, none said you would never get one, well done for getting it, and in true fans council tradition one of the council members has got his band a wee gig,

You are a right wee ray of sunshine aren't you !

St.Mirren Fans Council

Well done. Me and the wee man will be there !