The Hospitality Suite

My friend is looking to book it for a kids birthday party so I had a look on the website for info. No f**king wonder nobody uses it, we don't exactly promote it. Nothing on past events, no pictures, no notes on space/rooms available and there isn't even a rate.

I hope this doesn't surprise you... See signature text. Fed up changing it every month now.

FFS

We seem to now be nit-picking anything St.Mirren related these day.

To dirty seats, old posters, lack of advertising, hospitality, scoreboard, a training ground that canny breed and sell players( it's no a kennel ). etc etc

If we weren't terrible on the park all the above would be irrelevant.

FFS

To dirty seats, old posters, lack of advertising, hospitality, scoreboard, a training ground that canny breed and sell players( it's no a kennel ). etc etc

Old posters? Speak for yourself.

FFS

All we hear about the clubs finance is cutbacks, lack of funds ect so when people are actually willing to stick money into the bank it should be made as easy as possible.

FFS

You're right, they might be irrelevant. But they are symptomatic of the general malaise pervading the club. I can remember passing certain business in the past and seeing obvious signs that the 'infrastructure' was being neglected - cracked windows, leaking gutters, paint flaking, etc. Lo and behold, several soon shut down. Well, the things we are moaning about are essentially the club's 'infrastructure'.

You're right, they might be irrelevant. But they are symptomatic of the general malaise pervading the club. I can remember passing certain business in the past and seeing obvious signs that the 'infrastructure' was being neglected - cracked windows, leaking gutters, paint flaking, etc. Lo and behold, several soon shut down. Well, the things we are moaning about are essentially the club's 'infrastructure'.

I thought for a moment you were talking about my place of work.

Nobody including me complained or remarked about the state of Love Street.

It wasn't until they vacated it and the supporters were allowed one last look around that you realised how sad and dilapidated it was.

My friend is looking to book it for a kids birthday party so I had a look on the website for info. No f**king wonder nobody uses it, we don't exactly promote it. Nothing on past events, no pictures, no notes on space/rooms available and there isn't even a rate.

In September my grandson had a tremendous day on his birthday at the dome.Coaching by the community staff.Catering and candy truck in the away stand.A brilliant day arranged by Ross Paterson(community coach) and all the kids were well chuffed.More importantly was that parents of the kids were more likely to book St Mirren Park in the future as they were well impressed.Lift the phone and speak to someone at the club.I,m sure they will be more than happy to help.

In September my grandson had a tremendous day on his birthday at the dome.Coaching by the community staff.Catering and candy truck in the away stand.A brilliant day arranged by Ross Paterson(community coach) and all the kids were well chuffed.More importantly was that parents of the kids were more likely to book St Mirren Park in the future as they were well impressed.Lift the phone and speak to someone at the club.I,m sure they will be more than happy to help.

I would agree that if you can make the effort to speak to someone you are likely to get offered a good service, and can vouch for the work Ross does with Panda club and similar. However in this day and age there should be more promotion of what we can offer without relying on fans to make effort to chase down someone at the club, assuming they know the person to speak to. We should be listing things better on the Official site about what is available, it wouldn't take huge efforts to make it happen just some proactive thinking rather than reactive. We have facilities that are sitting redundant for most of the week that we should be securing some bookings and income for.

To be fair, 2 out of those 3 aren't owned by the clubs.

St Johnstone FC turnover a million quid more than us because of stadium usage.

Not CK's fault but we could do so much better if we had the right marketing team and plenty of staff.

St Johnstone's turnover is also helped by the fact their stadium is slap bang next to the crematorium, and hoovers up a ton of post-cremation purvey business.

Maybe we could start by burning Tommy Craig's contract and have a celebratory knees-up in hospitality. £10 a head, pie and mushy peas provided. I'm in.