Ayr United

scottd

Sounds like what Bill Barr said when he took over them 20 odd years ago.

Yep, Heathfield was to be an entertainment and sporting complex with an out of town retail park thrown in. It all fell through when the Scottish Executive called in their planning consent.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Scotland does not need any more out of town retail parks or entertainment complexes. Or identikit stadiums for that matter.

It might selfish of me but I hope Ayr don't leave Somerset Park, an away day there would not be the same going to a stadium that looks like our own soulless dump.

good report scott, interesting to read that after speaking to brian gilmour the current owner said there is nothing in it and nothing to say

Scotland does not need any more out of town retail parks or entertainment complexes. Or identikit stadiums for that matter.

It might selfish of me but I hope Ayr don't leave Somerset Park, an away day there would not be the same going to a stadium that looks like our own soulless dump.

I agree always a good atmosphere when playing there

as opposed to the crumbling dump, sans parking, that they currently inhabit?

they need a new ground, that is for sure, and a new one need not be soul-less. all it really needs is to harness the noise of whatever size crowd is there and keep the fans close to and a little above the pitch

in my experience, Falkirk's stadium has bags more atmosphere than ours and the raised stands at NDP would work really well in a completed stadium

Some of us like crumbling things.....mind you, no parking?? How do they get by? That's it, off to the out of town shopping centre it is!

Ayr United games are for getting the train, having a fish supper and getting pished. They are staying at Somerset and let that be an end of the matter.

Some of us like crumbling things.....mind you, no parking?? How do they get by? That's it, off to the out of town shopping centre it is!

Ayr United games are for getting the train, having a fish supper and getting pished. They are staying at Somerset and let that be an end of the matter.

well as long as you have decided, eh

did you tell them?

I agree always a good atmosphere when playing there

For what it's worth, one of my favourite away days was the Scottish Cup tie ( 2010? ) at Somerset Park, a full house, and it was brilliant standing on the terraces behind the goal, a great atmosphere and although it is definitely ramshackle, it's not the midden that Cappielow is.

For what it's worth, one of my favourite away days was the Scottish Cup tie ( 2010? ) at Somerset Park, a full house, and it was brilliant standing on the terraces behind the goal, a great atmosphere and although it is definitely ramshackle, it's not the midden that Cappielow is.

I think this was the friendly but it was still a great day at the seaside

Edited by stlucifer

That might because our fans are all half leathered and looking forward to a fish supper/chips at halftime. .

speak for yourself, i was usually full leathered and munching on a burger swiftly followed by a pie, that was in the days when the tile bus got us there well early, now its a quick pint if your lucky

speak for yourself, i was usually full leathered and munching on a burger swiftly followed by a pie, that was in the days when the tile bus got us there well early, now its a quick pint if your lucky

That reminds me of the cup game we had there , a couple of seasons ago . Not long after kick-off , a well known poster (well back then anyway) was walking past and when I called to him he could barely string two words together. .holiday.gif

Very forward thinking. Ayr is wealthy so can see a housing development being successful in turn pumping money into the club if to be believed. Who knows but sounds a good idea to me

I'm in Ayr just now.If it's a wealthy Town then they must spend their money elsewhere as there's more shops closed down than there is shops open.I know the majority of Town Centres are struggling but this place is really bad.