General Election 2015

shull

That'll make a nice change.

She's right though. There will be 59 of them representing Scotland.

What she failed to admit was that almost all of them will be sporting the yellow of the SNP.

For your own sense of self-worth, you really should stop predicting political outcomes.

Exit poll also said that the Conservatives would win and that Labour + SNP + Lid Dems wouldn't be enough to beat the Tories.

Excellent news. thumbup2.gif

Night night bye1.gif

Bottles will crash and there will be the unholy alliance of tactical voting types who would rather vote for what they deem the lesser of two evils rather than with their own conscience and a party they actually support.

35 SNP seats at most (sadly, as I would happily see them sweep the board in a Westminster election).

Knickerwetter

Tory vote collapse at the first declaration indicates the exit poll may well be shite !!!

Of course that's a load of nonsense.

Labour seats like Sunderland are a complete irrelevance.

It's looking good for another Tory government, great news.

Guest TPAFKATS

Agreed. I think Labour will still hold a fairly strong number of seats after tonight, possibly even drawing with the SNP.

In England there's a well recognised phenomenon of shy Tory voters. I reckon we saw the same happen in the referendum with the Yes voters making the most noise whilst others just got on with quietly sinking Nationalist hopes. I also reckon that for the first time in a General Election in Scotland we're seeing many shy Labour voters. My prediction is that Labour will have at least 20 Scottish seats after tonight, and that the Conservatives will gain at least one more Scottish seat. The SNP will do well but nowhere near as well as their party has been expecting.

Mystic Dicko predicts that labour will win 20 seats and possibly draw with SNP.

Might as well all go to our beds then...

Edited by TPAFKATS

Guest TPAFKATS

Wee Ruth to Jackie baillie - do you think labour will get gubbed in Scotland tonight?

Baillie replies that its all David Cameron's fault.

SLab still living in denial...

Agreed. I think Labour will still hold a fairly strong number of seats after tonight, possibly even drawing with the SNP.

In England there's a well recognised phenomenon of shy Tory voters. I reckon we saw the same happen in the referendum with the Yes voters making the most noise whilst others just got on with quietly sinking Nationalist hopes. I also reckon that for the first time in a General Election in Scotland we're seeing many shy Labour voters. My prediction is that Labour will have at least 20 Scottish seats after tonight, and that the Conservatives will gain at least one more Scottish seat. The SNP will do well but nowhere near as well as their party has been expecting.

Labour to get 20 Scottish seats, not in this election.

In a way it's looking like an ideal result for the SNP - effectively a Conservative majority when you take the Ulster Unionists MP's into account & Sinn Fein not participating at Westminster.

I see the Scottish Labour party trying to spin the line that this is somehow the SNP's fault - will anyone be foolish enough to believe it?

Edited by Bud the Baker