General Election 2015

shull

A quite remarkable night all round. An outstanding result for the SNP obviously but if the Conservatives manage to get a majority at Westminster that really will be the surprise of the night.

It is a great result for Scotland of course. As part of the Union Scotland will benefit from strong government leadership from David Cameron, a stable economy, continued good news on employment, low taxation and we'll even get the opportunity to vote for or against continued EU Membership. It's also good news that the left wing in Scotland is going to be represented by 40 - 50 odd wet behind the ears, naive, under qualified and generally incapable MP's from the SNP.

A quite remarkable night all round. An outstanding result for the SNP obviously but if the Conservatives manage to get a majority at Westminster that really will be the surprise of the night.

It is a great result for Scotland of course. As part of the Union Scotland will benefit from strong government leadership from David Cameron, a stable economy, continued good news on employment, low taxation and we'll even get the opportunity to vote for or against continued EU Membership. It's also good news that the left wing in Scotland is going to be represented by 40 - 50 odd wet behind the ears, naive, under qualified and generally incapable MP's from the SNP.

Oh I think it will be more than 40-50. lol.gif

Nicola sturgeon says she will take the anti austerity message to the heart of Westminster?

Mmmm

So no change then!

This is a bad election night all round.

Playing the long game, another Tory government, particularly without the Liberals, is bad news for the union.

A referendum on leaving the EU is also bad news.

And the electoral system needs to change. For the Tories and SNP to get so many MPs with their shares of the vote is not right.

Edited by nosferatu

Nicola sturgeon says she will take the anti austerity message to the heart of Westminster?

Mmmm

So no change then!

This is a bad election night all round.

Playing the long game, another Tory government, particularly without the Liberals, is bad news for the union.

A referendum on leaving the EU is also bad news.

And the electoral system needs to change. For the Tories and SNP to get so many MPs with their shares of the vote is not right.

I'm no fan of PR but something is going to have to give. When the SNP have 55 seats for less than 6% of the vote and UKIP get 1 seat for 12% there's something wrong

I'm no fan of PR but something is going to have to give. When the SNP have 55 seats for less than 6% of the vote and UKIP get 1 seat for 12% there's something wrong

The liberals have 10 times more votes than the DUP but 2 less seats...

Its crazy

The Tories aren't going to be keen to change it after tonight however...

I think there is going to be big change in Scotland now anyway..

I wouldn't be surprised if another referendum is on the SNP holyrood manifesto.

Independence is inevitable now IMO.

Agreed. I think Labour will still hold a fairly strong number of seats after tonight, possibly even drawing with the SNP.

In England there's a well recognised phenomenon of shy Tory voters. I reckon we saw the same happen in the referendum with the Yes voters making the most noise whilst others just got on with quietly sinking Nationalist hopes. I also reckon that for the first time in a General Election in Scotland we're seeing many shy Labour voters. My prediction is that Labour will have at least 20 Scottish seats after tonight, and that the Conservatives will gain at least one more Scottish seat. The SNP will do well but nowhere near as well as their party has been expecting.

Good morning forumland. Just woke up, and haven't read any posts made here since last night, so I expect the above post to have been quoted a fair few times already. So, without knowing if it has, or if it has, what was said in reply, I will just need to plough straight in with something of my own. So here goes. (Clears throat....)

Dear oh fcuking dear. Teale must go! Dickson must go!

Edited by pozbaird

The liberals have 10 times more votes than the DUP but 2 less seats...

Its crazy

The Tories aren't going to be keen to change it after tonight however...

I think there is going to be big change in Scotland now anyway..

I wouldn't be surprised if another referendum is on the SNP holyrood manifesto.

Independence is inevitable now IMO.

I can't see independence as inevitable. It's been noticeable that in most of not all of the constituencies the unionist vote still beat the nationalist vote.

I can't see independence as inevitable. It's been noticeable that in most of not all of the constituencies the unionist vote still beat the nationalist vote.

I admire your indefagibility. Or is it indefagadability. Or indefag something.

Edited by pozbaird

Good morning forumland. Just woke up, and haven't read any posts made here since last night, so I expect the above post to have been quoted a fair few times already. So, without knowing if it has, or if it has, what was said in reply, I will just need to plough straight in with something of my own. So here goes. (Clears throat....)

Dear oh fcuking dear. Teale must go! Dickson must go!

Dear oh fcuking dear alright!

Imagine having a life where the very first thing you think of in the morning is Stuart Dickson's posts!

He probably chuckled as he made that post, thinking of the fools who would get so worked up by it!

:lol:

This from a guy who predicted labour would win at least 20 seats in Scotland and wouldn't have been surprised at a even labour / SNP split. Do you actually work for a polling company. Don't give up the day job !

The overall picture of the last few years has been a massive swing towards independence.

It is going to happen.

Unfortunately.

Dear oh fcuking dear alright!

Imagine having a life where the very first thing you think of in the morning is Stuart Dickson's posts!

He probably chuckled as he made that post, thinking of the fools who would get so worked up by it!

:lol:

No, the first thing I thought of were shite aliases and how many of them I have on ignore.