Players Under Contract For Next Season?

Apologies if this has been brought up already...couldn't see it.

Who is under contract for our tilt at not doing a Dunfermline next season? I'd imagine the vast majority will be on their way as we cut loose a shitload of dead wood.

Under contract that I know of:

Mallan

McLear

Naismith

Kelly

McAusland

Apologies if this has been brought up already...couldn't see it.

Who is under contract for our tilt at not doing a Dunfermline next season? I'd imagine the vast majority will be on their way as we cut loose a shitload of dead wood.

Under contract that I know of:

Mallan

McLear

Naismith

Kelly

McAusland

Is Cheesy under contract? I thought he signed a two year deal around the time of the cup final.

Goodwin and Ridgers have deals as does Teale. Ball has an option for another deal, dunno who else does.

Is Cheesy under contract? I thought he signed a two year deal around the time of the cup final.

Goodwin and Ridgers have deals as does Teale. Ball has an option for another deal, dunno who else does.

I thought it was 3 years he signed. Hopefully you're right though as he's on far to big a wage for the Championship.

Ridgers? f**king great. dry.png

Hope goodwin stays. Should have kept coaching role team has respect for him as you can see when playing in a game. Big big mistake taking coaches role away when they did that the board lost a bit if respect from players. That is only my assumption when I look back to wgen teale and jim took over. Please stay jim. And for all fans who think I am wrong look back at who is putting 100% in every game yes goodwin.For me easily my player of the year.. thompson and goody for coaches next year and rebuild.

I'm quite certain there will be clauses in contracts for relegation

Drop in salary - significant - get out clause you can leave .

Thompson said on Sportsound during the week that if we go down the salaries get halved. Don't think the young boys are on a great deal to start with - and I'm including Naismith and Kelly in that even though they've been about for a few years.

What frustrates me is our defence has been pretty poor for the last few years yet the majority of a backline that has been relegated is already under contract for next season. Doesn't leave much scope for change.

The defence isn't great buts been good enough for SPFL survival the last few seasons. Even this season we have conceded less than the 2 teams above us.

The biggest problem is at the other end, we have nothing to offer in the attacking 3rd of the pitch.

County have scored 13 more goals than us, there's your biggest problem.

The defence isn't great buts been good enough for SPFL survival the last few seasons. Even this season we have conceded less than the 2 teams above us.

The biggest problem is at the other end, we have nothing to offer in the attacking 3rd of the pitch.

Indeed.

Many of the wailing of "we'll lose 5 or 6" don't obviously look at the facts, like the first page of the Celtic thread.

Aye, and our top scorers at the club are on two goals. That's a laughable statistic at any level of football.

It doesn't take an in-depth analysis to figure out why we are where we are. We are, quite simply, shite.

Let's be honest, we have problems at both ends of the park - there's no point trying to claim the attack is better than the defence or vice versa.

Whatever decision we're in next season we have scope to change the attack as no one is under contract. We don't have that same option in defence as just about everyone has a deal and I'd imagine Cheesy will soon be getting one.

I wouldn't give it a second thought if we lost each and every one of the current squad. Genuinely, I couldn't care less. When we talk about the club needing a clear out, it must mean a complete clear out.

I'd only keep Tommy Docherty and Norrie who runs the media side of things. The rest can try their hand elsewhere. Even the kit man has to go as he's been contaminated by that abomination.

Edited by Drew

Aye, and our top scorers at the club are on two goals. That's a laughable statistic at any level of football.

It doesn't take an in-depth analysis to figure out why we are where we are. We are, quite simply, shite.

Yip, ICT & Celtic have picked up the same number of points as we have St Mirren Park. Ross County have visited once and scored more goals than Thommo all season.

Pretty poor.