Home & Away Kits

Quite frankly Div the club has plenty of time for the actions you suggest.Can Messrs Kennedy and Caldwell not find the time?

The kit deal is outsourced to JD basically. It's up to them to manufacture, market and distribute the kit.

The club will obviously do their bit to promote it as much as they can, but the actual launching of it is down to JD to execute.

Is there a huge difference in income between us having a deal with JD Sports & us just sticking a badge and a sponsor on a number of Adidas off-the-shelf numbers?

Depends who you speak to. You'll get a different answer to the question how does the JD deal shape up against Puma / whoever depending on who you ask the question to.

Depends who you speak to. You'll get a different answer to the question how does the JD deal shape up against Puma / whoever depending on who you ask the question to.

JD deal was the best of all the options at the time by quite some distance.

Risk was also zero as Club was not stock responsible

I would imagine that Richard is correct since that was his remit whilst a Board Member.

I recall at one AGM it being put in the context of "pick three players to let go and that is what it is worth in addition to any other deal looked at"....admittedly this season that analogy maybe does not work so well

I recall at one AGM it being put in the context of "pick three players to let go and that is what it is worth in addition to any other deal looked at"....admittedly this season that analogy maybe does not work so well

Wylde, Gow and Arquin.

Do I win a prize? A signed purple away shirt!?

Richard, in your deals struck with JD, was there anything in the deal affected by relegation happening?

I would not feel comfortable discussing details of a commercial contract where those details have not previously been made public, but i do believe i did a good job in the contract wording.

I would not feel comfortable discussing details of a commercial contract where those details have not previously been made public, but i do believe i did a good job in the contract wording.

Fair do's. It is common knowledge that the player's contracts have a relegation pay-cut written into them, just got me wondering if relegation affected other things. Haven't thought about relegation for nearly a decade you see.

online2long.gif

Is it still the same contract? Was a new one not announced after you left (not sure which season)? Could be that it's the same contract with just different dates, or could be JD have changed something no one picked up on.

Also, part of the JD Sports deal has given them the shirt sponsorship (as well as tons of branding) - is it worth more than the previous total of kit + shirt sponsorship?