Home & Away Kits

The strip will undoubtedly leave us feeling underwhelmed. Simple is best. All black or white away strip please but I bet it's a shite red number

It will please some people, it will disappoint some people, and some people will say they like it, but it would have been better with.... (insert combination of different collar / sock detail / thickness of stripe / different sponsor here).

Reports suggest the fan council have had an input and it is a return to a more traditional strip. Sounds promising, just hope there's no yellow, red, or any other colour in it, nor does it have a big floppy collar. I can't stand big floppy collars, like the one on the last Scotland shirt, which thankfully now has a neat V neck design.

Love, Gok Wan(ker)

Home strip is plain black and white with white collar. Really nice apparently. Black shorts though

Away kit is red with black bit on it

That's what I was thinking.

No - it's top secret.

Basically JD are trying to get sell of the remaining stock of this seasons strips.

Anybody interested in "crowd-funding" a St Mirren fan designed strip and tell JD to get tae feck. After all the club gets the same amount of dosh from JD whether they sell 1 or 1000 items.

Do they?

Why the secrecy about these new strips?

Now before anyone gets upset by what I write next - I respect what the Fans Council do and anyone else who volunteers their time and resources to aid our club. These people give up their time and do great service to our club, but their hands are tied by the BoD.

The Fans Council should be demanding that the club get JD to release this strip asap so that kids can wear it over the summer.

If the Fans Council represent their aims as:

• To act as an intermediary between the Club and the Fans
  • To share knowledge and best practice and to improve relationships between the various stakeholders, in particular the relationship between the Fans and the Club.
  • To provide a good communication flow, between the Club and the Fans.
  • To provide a platform for the Fans to ensure they are involved in appropriate decision making.
  • To act as the prime movers in various fund raising initiatives for the mutual benefit of the Club, the Fans and the Community.
It is clear from initiatives like the strip design and launch that they are not meeting some of these.

This is a message for the Chief Executive/General Manager and JD Sports.

PLEASE STOP TREATING THE ST MIRREN FANS AS MUGS WHEN IT COMES TO THESE NEW STRIPS.

It was you who made the decision to launch those terrible strips last year without consulting your customer base.

It was you who decided to stock more when it was clear to the majority of the support that they were the worst set of strips EVER released by St Mirren.

#getthenewstripsreleaseasap

Have to agree it seems like its a wee closed shop club. Strange and extremely disappointing but maybe should not come as a surprise.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint