Partick Thistle V Super Saints Spfl Premiership 2/5/15

shull

Well that was just woeful.

The penalty incident may well have been a tuning point as a goal up v 10 men would have been very different but it's difficult to get upset about that one thing when there is just so much wrong.

One thing I do disagree with a lot of people on is the lack of fight. I didn't see a lack of fight yesterday. I see a bunch of players that, despite a win over Killie, were lacking in confidence which sits squarely on the manager's shoulders IMO.

Without naming names, some clearly aren't good enough for this level no matter how much some people want them to be and to watch the level of talent that Thistle, a team of similar size and financial wherewithal as ourselves, had on show compared to our team was dispiriting.

What is absolutely galling is how the team is set up to play. Long punts up to an unfit striker with little or no support around him just won't get it done. Our set piece play from free kicks, corners and especially throw ins was unbelievable. f**king BB teams are set up better. What the f**k do these guys do in training all week when they are not trying to injure each other?

As I walked out after the 2nd goal I contemplated wishing Motherwell to score to end our misery and then thought, "no, f**k it, let these bastards get relegated in Dingwall next week and have to contemplate unemployment on the four hour bus journey back home".

I hope none of the diehard buds waste anymore of their hard earned cash following this shite next week. There must be something better to do on a Saturday.

ETA I thought young Baird looked very good yesterday. With a long summer in the gym and a decent, experienced CH beside him, he could be a real find.

I would have went next week if we'd won yesterday and gave ourselves an outside chance. They can shove it where the sun don't shine now.

Edited by proudtobeabuddy

i'll be in dingwall next week am no superfan or the likes ,why? because its what i do support st mirren yes its been one c**t of a season and have been through the relegation thing before and still want to go and watch them

Foul by Naismith, quite clearly.

Not sure if it's a foul by Naismith, but it's certainly not a penalty.

He shoulders the guy which makes him fall and clatter into his legs. You can hardly penalise the Thistle player for falling down after someone clatters him, what exactly was he supposed to do instead. !!

He shoulders the guy which makes him fall and clatter into his legs. You can hardly penalise the Thistle player for falling down after someone clatters him, what exactly was he supposed to do instead. !!

This.

It's all down to interpretation I suppose but if Naismith had stayed on his feet instead of looking for a penalty he might well have scored. If anything Naismith is pushing himself onto the thistle player more than vice versa. On to the highlights themselves and what's blindingly obvious is that not one of our defenders knows what to do when the ball comes down either flank allowing the opposition time for a chat and a cup of tea before crossing in to score. Whether that's down to poor preparation or players just not good enough, who knows, probably both. Our players look lost and while you have to have some sympathy for them( now that I've calmed down) we must act now and tell teale that he won't be the boss next season and along with the vast majority of the players he must move on and allow for the rebuilding to begin. We need to be ready for what will be a very tough championship.

Not part of the rules. An unintentional foul is still a foul, indeed you could say most fouls are unintentional. If you wipe someone out who's running through on goal the intent of your actions isn't relevant.

Not surprisingly the ahem 'experts' on Sportscene concluded it was a penalty and a red card.

my mistake, I thought it was Bannigan. It was Balatoni who was barged by Naismith.

That's the two Sportscene pundits along with the 'neutral' Derek Ferguson concluding it was a penalty now.

Fair enough the tinted glasses, we've all been there. But when the neutral pundits are unanimous, you not think it's maybe time to hold your hands up?

Whether it was a penalty or not Thistle were by far the better team and deserved to win.

Not one shot on target. Even the late headed effort by Arcunt was going wide.

What a clusterf**k of a season.

Just watching , yes, Sportscene, rub in the trauma, and my gawd it reinforced how shocking we were , yet again. I actually had us as not too bad in patches but when you look at Thistle , their lack of interest, their lack of fitness with several players and we lose goals like that, three, it's truly embarrassingly dire.

We are miles off it and to suffer a defeat like that with the possibility of being relegated by Ross County, well, jeezusf**kinwept.

Anyway, for those that travel book yer tickets for THE wake in the Commercial bar in Dingwall.

Shocking.

You should be ashamed!!!

Would have went! Indeed.

;-)

The bad thing is i really mean it! Before yesterday i had visions of us beating Partick and Motherwell losing on Friday night meaning that if we beat County on the Saturday our survival would have been back in our hands... Silly me, i forgot we were shit!

That's the two Sportscene pundits along with the 'neutral' Derek Ferguson concluding it was a penalty now.

Fair enough the tinted glasses, we've all been there. But when the neutral pundits are unanimous, you not think it's maybe time to hold your hands up?

Scott the diver McDonald? Oh pal, stop it! As Shull would say, my breeks are well and truely pished!

Listen, if you want to keep going with this, crack on. You'll forgive me for not giving a flying fridge magnet, what Johnathan Dunderland's opinion is, on anything to do with football.

Whether it was a penalty or not Thistle were by far the better team and deserved to win.

Not one shot on target. Even the late headed effort by Arcunt was going wide.

What a clusterf**k of a season.

We would have missed the penalty anyway

Gow missed an open goal from 6 yards ffs

Wish this season would hurry up and end