Partick Thistle V Super Saints Spfl Premiership 2/5/15

shull

Knew it was going to be a bad day when same 11 were fielded from last week. Superb management... you are forced to change line-up, beat a side who were clearly not up for it, so you then play the same team, even though it is not your strongest!!!. Praying Motherwell end the misery on Friday and beat Killie, then the Ross County is irrelevant. How many players in this squad are capable of playing consistently well in the Championship? Not many with this present coaching staff and management.

Aside from Genev, don't even start on Goodwin, we have nobody else who isn't either a kid or an overpaid nobody.

Aside from Genev, don't even start on Goodwin, we have nobody else who isn't either a kid or an overpaid nobody.

Probably true, Goodwin does increasingly look over the hill.

I think most folk were in favour of him doing that. Can you imagine the meltdown there'd have been on here if guys like Goodwin and Genev had come back in and we'd still been gubbed? Folk would have been screaming about Teale unnecessarily changing a winning team!

I get this point, we did appear to play well with this line-up last week. But it still smacks of stumbling on what you think might be a solution only to find the next week that you were wrong... what happens during the week in training?

I'm really glad I'm not the only person who wanted that to happen. Thought I'd got my wish when Sportsound said there had been another goal at Firhill, then realised I'd got my grounds called Fir mixed up.

TBH, in my mind, we've been down since we capitulated against County and 'Well.

At that point I was glad it was all over and that we didn't have to go through the mental torture of the play off games.

I didn't even for one second consider going to today's game and didn't miss it in the slightest.

I've reached the stage that unless there's an inspirational managerial appointment, then when season ticket renewals are due, the renewal of my season ticket will be extremely unlikely.

Successive years of last minute survival, culminating in this season's abject failure have worn me down.

Was no where near as bad as folk making out

There was nothing in the match until partick scored

When you look at who played today the players that played well where the players that will most likely be hear next season. Naismith , Baird, kelly Reilly ,Mallon

Folk moaning about Reilly when I don't think he did anything wrong

Three times.

When you look at who played today the players that played well where the players that will most likely be hear next season. Naismith , Baird, kelly Reilly ,Mallon

Fixed.

No shots on target in 90 minutes says everything.

In my mind we've been down since we appointed Tommy Craig.

And to think that at the start of the season, Brian Caldwell was criticising the supporters for being negative... despite the appointment of a woeful manager and the signing of a load of shite players!

Probably true, Goodwin does increasingly look over the hill.

I get this point, we did appear to play well with this line-up last week. But it still smacks of stumbling on what you think might be a solution only to find the next week that you were wrong... what happens during the week in training?

The players stab each other with training poles.

At that point I was glad it was all over and that we didn't have to go through the mental torture of the play off games.

I didn't even for one second consider going to today's game and didn't miss it in the slightest.

I've reached the stage that unless there's an inspirational managerial appointment, then when season ticket renewals are due, the renewal of my season ticket will be extremely unlikely.

Successive years of last minute survival, culminating in this season's abject failure have worn me down.

Oh we were down by half-time in the Motherwell game, I'd just like it officially confirmed so the board can stop with this "We're waiting to see what division we're in" pish and maybe do something with next season in mind.

The players stab each other with training poles.

Oh we were down by half-time in the Motherwell game, I'd just like it officially confirmed so the board can stop with this "We're waiting to see what division we're in" pish and maybe do something with next season in mind.

It's fine, Teale will know of lots of guys like Alan Gow who can come in and do a job. He couldn't bring players in when we were in the Premiership, how will he do for the Championship? I'd certainly hope someone is putting feelers out, looking at targets for the Championship, or we are screwed (my pants are perfectly dry Stewart) and will struggle to get players in. Certainly, whatever agents/players/former players identified or recommended Gow or Arquin should never be used again.

Going by the drop in quality over recent seasons, we'll have a black check kit by Macron, friendlies at Eyemouth and Gala, John McShane will return along with Sean Crichton and we'll have Dave Winnie in as Manager.

That's very unfair on a number of the team today. Sadly, punting the ball up to Thommo won't work and we have a manager who obviously believes it eventually will. Defensively, we were again better than we've been with Cheesy or Goodwin in there.

Equally asking Sadlier to play up alongside Thommo feeding of scraps from knock downs from Thommo was also a waste of a good player, in all honesty the lad won more in the air than our No9. Sadlier must be played out wide on the left with the ball into his feet where he can run at the opposition and damage them either hitting the byeline or coming inside - we are just not utilising players strengths, hitting long hopeful balls is hopeless

Wylde is a one trick pony, head down and go on the outside!!!

Edited by Ditto

Equally asking Sadlier to play up alongside Thommo feeding of scraps from knock downs from Thommo was also a waste of a good player, in all honesty the lad won more in the air than our No9. Sadlier must be played out wide on the left with the ball into his feet where he can run at the opposition and damage them either hitting the beeline or coming inside - we are just not utilising players strengths, hitting long hopeful balls is hopeless

Wylde is a one trick pony, head down and go on the outside!!!

He does like cutting inside too, not to mention crossing to "good areas" instead of where the players are. He also does a lot of what I call vicinity work, by that I mean he jumps somewhere near the ball or adopts a position near the man he's to cover or tackle. At one point in the first half he was tracking his man back and somehow went from touch tight to four yards off in a split second.

He does like cutting inside too, not to mention crossing to "good areas" instead of where the players are. He also does a lot of what I call vicinity work, by that I mean he jumps somewhere near the ball or adopts a position near the man he's to cover or tackle. At one point in the first half he was tracking his man back and somehow went from touch tight to four yards off in a split second.

With a bit of luck his work next season will be in the vicinity of Carlisle, Wycombe Wanderers or Burton Albion.

I thought Baird and Kelly had a great first half (Baird in particular won plenty headers and read the game well). The defence did alright despite having zero protection from a non-existent midfield. I repeat, in the first half.

Just a shame that as soon as that first goal went, everyone chucked it. Suffice to say, once Arquin and Gow came on, there was no chance of getting back into it.

That Gow miss though. Mind boggling.

No clue what you are talking about, what I and others around me saw was a young player working hard to do what was being asked of him but getting more and more frustrated as the game went on and no surprise that he was substituted - yes another disappointing day but get off the lads back.

If he stays next season, and we should hope he does, I can see him playing a very big part in our season, along with other players who for me get harshly criticised on this site, next year we should be looking to build a side around Naismith, Baird, Mallan, Kelly, Ridgers, Brown & Reilly along with Dayton & Sadlier and then add in Goodwin with his experience and Tesseller if we can keep him and then add in some new blood.

Edited by Ditto

That's very unfair on a number of the team today. Sadly, punting the ball up to Thommo won't work and we have a manager who obviously believes it eventually will. Defensively, we were again better than we've been with Cheesy or Goodwin in there.

Better defensively? We still got gubbed 3-nil.

Better defensively? We still got gubbed 3-nil.

Still people blame Cheesy. We had a shut out last time at Firhill with Cheesy and Goodwin both outstanding. We won 2-1 also earlier in the season yet after a 3-0 doing our defence has improved.

You couldn't make it up.

No clue what you are talking about, what I and others around me saw was a young player working hard to do what was being asked of him but getting more and more frustrated as the game went on and no surprise that he was substituted - yes another disappointing day but get off the lads back.

If he stays next season, and we should hope he does, I can see him playing a very big part in our season, along with other players who for me get harshly criticised on this site, next year we should be looking to build a side around Naismith, Baird, Mallan, Kelly, Ridgers, Brown & Reilly along with Dayton & Sadlier and then add in Goodwin with his experience and Tesseller if we can keep him and then add in some new blood.

Seriously? Goodwin is finished. He is not a central defender and he's lost the pace to play his best position which was holding midfielder. Goodwin is one of the experienced underachievers who have put us in this position.

Edited by proudtobeabuddy

Seriously? Goodwin is finished. He is not a central defender and he's lost the pace to play his best position which was holding midfielder. Goodwin is one of the experienced underachievers who have put us in this position.

I cannot honestly disagree with you but we need a mixture of experience and youth going forward and despite all his faults he can still do a job fir us next season.