Jim Goodwin To Sign For Motherwell

Have to agree Goodwin was at fault for every goal lost.

Even though he was part of the management team as was pointed out above he could not pick his own position admitting ( I AM NOT COMFORTABLE AT CENTRE BACK - COPYRIGHT JIM GOODWIN 2015 )

2 years after playing centre half when we won the cup? Happy to play centre half when doing well, not so when we are playing badly?

Convenient

It would appear that Murray is playing a waiting game, backed up with a cursory poor offer to Goodwin & Thommo. The thinking being offer them a low almost derogatory deal, perhaps with coaching the youth team chucked in . If they accept Murray gets some 'cheap as chips' experience in his staff/squad... If they reject it he gets to say 'I made them a very good offer, but they declined, and decided to look elsewhere'.

Given the obvious lack of influence issues Teale had with Goodwin & Thommo, does anyone really think that Murray either wants or could handle them both..? The signing of Agnew makes Goodwin's position less tenable as we look like we are heading to attempt to sign all below average height midfielders again.

It would appear that Murray is playing a waiting game, backed up with a cursory poor offer to Goodwin & Thommo. The thinking being offer them a low almost derogatory deal, perhaps with coaching the youth team chucked in . If they accept Murray gets some 'cheap as chips' experience in his staff/squad... If they reject it he gets to say 'I made them a very good offer, but they declined, and decided to look elsewhere'.

Given the obvious lack of influence issues Teale had with Goodwin & Thommo, does anyone really think that Murray either wants or could handle them both..? The signing of Agnew makes Goodwin's position less tenable as we look like we are heading to attempt to sign all below average height midfielders again.

Agnew (assuming he signs) is a very different type of player to Goodwin, as I understand it.

Aside from that, I agree with elements of what you are saying. I do have some concern regarding the residual agendas that certain senior players might (and I emphasise MIGHT) have. That said, Murray has to be strong enough to stamp his own authority, and there is no way we can or should prejudge that.

Edited by Drew

Agnew (assuming he sign) is a very different type of player to Goodwin, as I understand it.

Aside from that, I agree with elements of what you are saying. I do have some concern regarding the residual agendas that certain senior players might (and I emphasise MIGHT) have. That said, Murray has to be strong enough to stamp his own authority, and there is no way we can or should prejudge that.

I think given my experiences, and probably a lot of others on here who have similar experiences, we can prejudge it if either or both leave the club because of a derisory offer. I must point out that doesn't mean either or both leaving is wrong!

Thommo will retire very soon, Goodwin is what he is, the judgement is about who replaces, or fills those voids? If they go that is the whole spine of the last few seasons gone too, which would necessitate a new spine of the team to be created, and that brings the need to have other 'big characters' in the squad. We will be able to make an assessment if either or both go, and who replaces them!

Remember the rumour out is that Gow will be offered a new deal.... Would you swap a 'non scoring striker with more clubs than Rory McElroy' for a fit Thommo in the championship..? If that is what comes to pass then i think we can judge Murray only wants his yes men.

Edited by Lord Pityme

The second part of your first sentence is pure speculation unless you somehow know what ST and JG are being/have been offered. Would it not be better to wait to hear about/read the facts once decisions have been made? It is like criticing the first quarter of the new season before a ball is kicked.

I think given my experiences, and probably a lot of others on here who have similar experiences, we can prejudge it if either or both leave the club because of a derisory offer. I must point out that doesn't mean either or both leaving is wrong!

Thommo will retire very soon, Goodwin is what he is, the judgement is about who replaces, or fills those voids? If they go that is the whole spine of the last few seasons gone too, which would necessitate a new spine of the team to be created, and that brings the need to have other 'big characters' in the squad. We will be able to make an assessment if either or both go, and who replaces them!

Remember the rumour out is that Gow will be offered a new deal.... Would you swap a 'non scoring striker with more clubs than Rory McElroy' for a fit Thommo in the championship..? If that is what comes to pass then i think we can judge Murray only wants his yes men.

I agree with your last paragraph and maybe decisions will be based on available budgets e.g Gow's wages are much less than Thommo's despite by he latter being more effective if fit.

Jim_You_Seem_Upset_GIF.jpg

Offer to Goodwin? Why would he need to make an offer to Goodwin? Goodwin already has a contract for next season.

Signing an attacking midfielder makes Goodwin's position less tenable? :huh:

The second part of your first sentence is pure speculation unless you somehow know what ST and JG are being/have been offered. Would it not be better to wait to hear about/read the facts once decisions have been made? It is like criticing the first quarter of the new season before a ball is kicked.

Ned-i-lee Ded-i-lee.... Its all feckin speculation, thats the only thing that is definite!

Offer to Goodwin? Why would he need to make an offer to Goodwin? Goodwin already has a contract for next season.

Signing an attacking midfielder makes Goodwin's position less tenable? :huh:

Goodwin is on a 50% wage cut, and can go if he wants. I think Murray would much rather he went as he seems reluctant to keep the 'big characters' as did Teale post split.

Goodwin is on a 50% wage cut, and can go if he wants. I think Murray would much rather he went as he seems reluctant to keep the 'big characters' as did Teale post split.

Goodwin has already said he wants to stay.

Other than Teale what 'big characters' have left?

Goodwin has already said he wants to stay.

Other than Teale what 'big characters' have left?

He and Thommo have both said they want to stay, with the rumour Murray has re-signed Gow, and the fact that Murray

Iike Teale cant handle the bigger characters perhaps they are both off to other championship clubs?

I had a dream last night where Goodwin scored a 30 yard screamer against us at Palmerston ...! And they said he would never get a bigger club!

He and Thommo have both said they want to stay, with the rumour Murray has re-signed Gow, and the fact that Murray

Iike Teale cant handle the bigger characters perhaps they are both off to other championship clubs?

I had a dream last night where Goodwin scored a 30 yard screamer against us at Palmerston ...! And they said he would never get a bigger club!

Difference being of course, Goodwin already has a contract. So if he wants to stay there isn't much Murray can do, save from pay off the full year left on his deal, which would be madness.

The 'fact' Murray can't handle bigger characters? Is that really a fact?

I think that if in fact (which I dont beleive for a minute) Murray cannot deal with senior players then the board have got it wrong again. No different in theory to any management position you must earn respect. I hate all the rumour crap posted on here

Again pure conjecture on whether IM can handle bigger characters. Where are you getting your information from or are you just making it up?