We Need Gus Macpherson

shull

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

And another one.

It's unbelievable.

Are any of you capable of understanding that you can't claim the moral high ground by making posts like this?

I make a post about how people at the bottom of our society with huge chips on their shoulders attack those with ambition and a host of you can't resist coming along and providing the evidence I was after to prove that this nasty underbelly exists and is deeply embedded in our culture.

You're quite right about the personal attacks.  I have no idea why you persist when you so abhor them...

The flaw in your 'argument', of course, is that bizarrely you think yourself above the many posting on here who seem, to me, to be way above you in brains, nous and...  er... je ne sais quoi...

I am not the many.  However I, like the other Buddies, am brighter, more gifted, intelligent, handsome and well-rounded than your best aspirations could envisage.

You're quite a wee jobby, in the scheme of things. Tiny.

But yes, you ARE underbelly.  I admire your feistiness, nonetheless.

14 minutes ago, RickMcD said:

And I think you fail to recognise whether people are laughing at you or with you. I suppose it is normally at you.

I don't know how many times I have to say that I genuinely don't care either way what people think before you get the message loud and clear.

Nobody should ever give too much thought to what people think about them - certainly not anonymous posters on a football forum.

It's utter madness and causes people to conform which is pretty pathetic.

And yet they repeatedly do appear to care. It's one of life's baffling mysteries bud. It really is.

You worked in a school right? Or you were a governor or something - my memory fails me sometimes.

Every day kids are taught to reach for the stars right? The saying is that even if you miss the stars you can perhaps get to the moon.

The idea being obviously that you should try to achieve excellence, individuality, personal freedom and person betterment.

And yet they go home to a society which does everything in its power to prevent any of this from happening through societal norms.

They have the dream and then everyone tries to take the dream away and replace this blemishless ambition with the drudgery of stupidity and conformity. No wonder kids are so confused these days.

My message here is simple. Be yourself Rick. My life is as unimportant to you as yours is to mine. So stop getting annoyed by things I say and relax a bit. Pass this onto Drew will you because he also seems to get an aneurism every time I post something which doesn't conform to his ideas on things.

You are quite the pair.....

Edited by oaksoft

25 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I don't know how many times I have to say that I genuinely don't care either way what people think before you get the message loud and clear.

Nobody should ever give too much thought to what people think about them - certainly not anonymous posters on a football forum.

It's utter madness and causes people to conform which is pretty pathetic.

And yet they repeatedly do appear to care. It's one of life's baffling mysteries bud. It really is.

You worked in a school right? Or you were a governor or something - my memory fails me sometimes.

Every day kids are taught to reach for the stars right? The saying is that even if you miss the stars you can perhaps get to the moon.

The idea being obviously that you should try to achieve excellence, individuality, personal freedom and person betterment.

And yet they go home to a society which does everything in its power to prevent any of this from happening through societal norms.

They have the dream and then everyone tries to take the dream away and replace this blemishless ambition with the drudgery of stupidity and conformity. No wonder kids are so confused these days.

My message here is simple. Be yourself Rick. My life is as unimportant to you as yours is to mine. So stop getting annoyed by things I say and relax a bit. Pass this onto Drew will you because he also seems to get an aneurism every time I post something which doesn't conform to his ideas on things.

You are quite the pair.....

I was doing no more than poking a bit of fun at you and you go off on one. And I take life too seriously? And what causes people to conform? I'm pretty sure Drew can read and he won't miss your post. I think you'll find that Drew shakes his head in wonderment at some of the things you post. Just as I do.