St Mirren -Shower Of Hopeless Amateurs

shull

Got a refund for my match tickets, minus admin and obviously postage. Fair enough, said i would be happy with a credit for a future game but the computer said no to that.

The real issue surrounding the clusterf**k of multiple pitch inspections, ref saying playable, the. Having to call it off late was down to one thing and one thing only.

Let me explain, in the premiership you have to have undersoil heating, and you have to use it or risk being fined and having to pay other teams costs for an unneceesary call off. In the championship you dont have to have it all, and if you do have it you dont have to switch it on.... Guess what money saving option the club went with???

Saw the highlights from Ipox, heating obviously on, snow not an issue as ground was warm, no frost, snow melted on contact.

Ditto at Firhill...

Morton through at Alloa, no undersoil heating, went for it, made to look fannies match abandoned....

Our mob made another stupid decision to try and save money, and it backfired spectacularly on them. If the undersoil heating was switched on the night before, the game would have gone ahead much like it did four/five miles away at Ipox, and even at Firhill.

Yet again the BoD go to great lengths to make the club look amateurish, shambolic and with no consideration to fans travelling from near and far.

We lost out on over£40 worth of rail tickets, all the Raith fans wasted journey and costs as well as fellow far flung buds.

We will not progress under this BoD, they have cocked it up so often now they have to search around to find a foot left to shoot themselves in!

Edited by Lord Pityme

I`m not sure whether the undersoil heating was apparently on or not but regardless of who decided to cancel the match so near to kick-off time, its the fans who yet again are the ones to lose out.

I take it this match will be midweek sometime with a £20 entry fee, lol.

Meantime, the break will give the Saints management duo further time to sign some good players in time for the Hibs match.

I`m not sure whether the undersoil heating was apparently on or not but regardless of who decided to cancel the match so near to kick-off time, its the fans who yet again are the ones to lose out.

I take it this match will be midweek sometime with a £20 entry fee, lol.

Meantime, the break will give the Saints management duo further time to sign some good players in time for the Hibs match.

Chic Young confirmed on air that the undersoil heating was not on.

The head groundsman was Chic Young's source. Maybe the conspiracy theorists can explain why Tommy Doc would lie to a BBC reporter?

I don't have a conspiracy theory. I was stood on the park at noon on Saturday and it was perfectly soft underfoot.

Maybe it magically thawed itself out.

I don't have a conspiracy theory. I was stood on the park at noon on Saturday and it was perfectly soft underfoot.

Maybe it magically thawed itself out.

So Tommy didnae lie to Chic when he said the USH was off?

Either:

One of them was lying?

Both of them were lying?

Or both of them were telling the truth...

Edited by Lord Pityme

The pitch inspection reports on twitter/facebook stated certain areas of the pitch were still frozen.

The club chairman was quoted on the BBC website stating players could not get their studs into the ground...

Were they all in on this conspiracy? Or more likely the USH was off.

To enable things to move on and ditch the petty squabling, would it be reasonable to suggest that the USH was turned off too early?

It worked at Ibrox And Firhill, but not at ours!

Edited by Lord Pityme

Chic Young confirmed on air that the undersoil heating was not on.

Even if that was the case, how did it influence the decision to call the game off at 2.50pm?

ETA - I've just seen your post above. The ref deemed the pitch playable up to and seemingly beyond 2pm. Still the club's fault?

Edited by Drew

The pitch inspection reports on twitter/facebook stated certain areas of the pitch were still frozen.

The club chairman was quoted on the BBC website stating players could not get their studs into the ground...

Got a link to those quotes? Genuinely haven't seen them.