Ian Murray

FS

I was sorry things never worked out for Ian at our club.He had done well at Dumbarton and deserved a chance to manage full time.My view is that he made the wrong choice initially of Assistant Manager and should have gone for someone who had played at senior level and with good experience.Anyway he came across as a real nice guy and I most certainly wish him well.I have a feeling that in the long term he will again manage at full time level.

4 hours ago, Soctty said:

I'm using it as a description of people who would knowingly read the rag despite knowing if the hurtful lies it's printed, of the despicable actions it has undertaken, and of the hatred it continues to peddle.

If you start boycotting companies who do bad things you are going to go hungry, thirsty and cold overnight.

Good luck with that.

4 hours ago, Danny said:

Nobody is we're just asking you to make a stand for decency Your conscience your choice

So in other words it is my choice but if I go against your view I am going against decency? :lol:

For what its worth, I dont think you are standing on the side of decency on this. I think you are standing on the side of control freakery and Sunshine Warriors where real concern for any issue is wafer thin.

Edited by oaksoft

19 minutes ago, Soctty said:

If newspapers made food, drink, or anything useful, you'd have a point. 

It is so easy to take a stand against bad people when you can afford to lose what they are selling.

When you actually have to make a sacrifice its not so easy eh?

Sunshine warrior. :lol:

It is so easy to take a stand against bad people when you can afford to lose what they are selling.

When you actually have to make a sacrifice its not so easy eh?

Sunshine warrior. [emoji38]

You're doing a fine job of standing up for The Sun. Just reminding anyone who had forgotten, and letting everyone else know what had so annoyed you earlier...

17 minutes ago, Eaglesham saint said:

WTF what is happening on here".... I left one thread and came on here to find Buddies shouting again

It is the season of good will to all men don't you know! Season of good will indeed!

Ian Murray was a shit manager as was wee Tommy before him and gawky Alex Rae after him.  What more needs to be said?

17 hours ago, oaksoft said:

So in other words it is my choice but if I go against your view I am going against decency? :lol:

For what its worth, I dont think you are standing on the side of decency on this. I think you are standing on the side of control freakery and Sunshine Warriors where real concern for any issue is wafer thin.

You really have an issue with control, don't you? It was St Ricky getting it the other week, now it's some of us on this thread.

Not sure why you can't read and reply, or ignore, without getting yourself so het up.

3 hours ago, Soctty said:

You really have an issue with control, don't you? It was St Ricky getting it the other week, now it's some of us on this thread.

In fairness that is true. I wont tolerate anyone trying to control me on any level. In real life, people have to tread carefully if they want me to do something that I am dead set against, cant be arsed with or have reservations about. I have walked out of client meetings over attempts to control the what, when, how and where aspects of my work. In fact I think the word "stormed" would be a better word :lol:. Everything has to be done by consensus or I wont engage at all.

No idea where that comes from and why I feel so strongly about it.

I think once you have experienced freedom such as being self employed your entire outlook changes. That is probably the source.

Having said that, Ricky was being a twat so its not all one way. :)

Edited by oaksoft

In fairness that is true. I wont tolerate anyone trying to control me on any level. In real life, people have to tread carefully if they want me to do something that I am dead set against, cant be arsed with or have reservations about. I have walked out of client meetings over attempts to control the what, when, how and where aspects of my work. In fact I think the word "stormed" would be a better word [emoji38]. Everything has to be done by consensus or I wont engage at all.
I think once you have experienced freedom such as being self employed your entire outlook changes. That is probably the source.
Having said that, Ricky was being a twat so its not all one way. [emoji4]

Probably just as well you are self employed!

As someone in a position of "management" (I hate that term), I always try to let folks see the benefits and buy into any change.

Support is crucial.

However... On ocassion there is always one twat digging in heels and seeing it as their job to rebel for the hell of it.

Danny Lenmon learned this the hard way.
Ian Murray failed to learn.
Alex Rae pushed it too far whilst not actually taking time out to ensure he was in the right.

Aye... Stay self employed and good luck managing yourself... You have your work cut out there! [emoji6]

2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Probably just as well you are self employed!

As someone in a position of "management" (I hate that term), I always try to let folks see the benefits and buy into any change.

Support is crucial.

However... On ocassion there is always one twat digging in heels and seeing it as their job to rebel for the hell of it.

Danny Lenmon learned this the hard way.
Ian Murray failed to learn.
Alex Rae pushed it too far whilst not actually taking time out to ensure he was in the right.

Aye... Stay self employed and good luck managing yourself... You have your work cut out there! emoji6.png

If you hate the term dont bloody use it.

Oh and I love the theme running through your post that you just assume that you know best and its your job to educate those under you. There is a reason why companies fail. Not enough twats prepared to have the courage to challenge their bosses.

More business have been lost to twats in management making stupid decisions unchallenged than twats in the workforce.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

In fairness that is true. I wont tolerate anyone trying to control me on any level. In real life, people have to tread carefully if they want me to do something that I am dead set against, cant be arsed with or have reservations about. I have walked out of client meetings over attempts to control the what, when, how and where aspects of my work. In fact I think the word "stormed" would be a better word :lol:. Everything has to be done by consensus or I wont engage at all.

Having said that, Ricky was being a twat so its not all one way. :)

cringe