Bring A Buddie - St Mirren V Qos 12Th March 2016

shull

A 500 increase would be almost 25% on the last home gate. That would be a success in my opinion!

Must be other initiatives going on

with the schools as my neebur is taking his boy down and they got free tickets.

The more the merrier.

I agree but the problem is. None of them

Return to watch st mirren you need to have something not right in your head that you can turn up every week to watch what dross is being served up

Return to watch st mirren you need to have something not right in your head that you can turn up every week to watch what dross is being served up

I will be there ramorra for more pish.

It sometimes feels like that bud. We've had a really rough few seasons but these bad times are what makes the good times feel even better when they come around. And come around again they will. At some point. Stick with it!

When was the last time you watched St.Mirren.

I wouldn't watch the game tomorrow even if they were playing in my back garden!

Can't really call yourself a supporter if you don't actually support the team.

Being a supporter is about sticking with the team through the good times AND bad.

There are always many, many good reasons why people can't make it to games and that is perfectly understandable but it's poor form for those who choose not to go purely because the team isn't very good at the moment. If that's the mentality then you may as well go and follow Celtic or Rangers as they will probably win most weeks.

Can't really call yourself a supporter if you don't actually support the team.

Being a supporter is about sticking with the team through the good times AND bad.

Totally agree. I no longer call myself a supporter and haven't done for a long time. I'm a lapsed supporter and very much doubt I'll be back on a regular basis.

There are always many, many good reasons why people can't make it to games and that is perfectly understandable but it's poor form for those who choose not to go purely because the team isn't very good at the moment. If that's the mentality then you may as well go and follow Celtic or Rangers as they will probably win most weeks.

I can't think of anything less appealing than watching the Old Firm in action! Not sure what the relevance of that point is at all!

I gave up going to watch St. Mirren on a regular basis 6 years ago - when we were in the SPL and winning major trophies. I only attended 3 games the season we won the League Cup (including the final) and none of them were home games!

I enjoy doing other things on a Saturday afternoon.

Its got nothing to do with winning, losing, great performances or poor performances. I don't miss it in the slightest. On the odd occasion that I have attended a game, I have regretted turning up within a couple of minutes of kick off!

I keep tabs on results (even then, I'm sometimes not even aware Saints are playing until a day or two after the game)) and come on this forum but that's about it these days!

Edited by nosferatu

Totally agree. I no longer call myself a supporter and haven't done for a long time. I'm a lapsed supporter and very much doubt I'll be back on a regular basis.

I can't think of anything less appealing than watching the Old Firm in action! Not sure what the relevance of that point is at all!

I gave up going to watch St. Mirren on a regular basis 6 years ago - when we were in the SPL and winning major trophies. I only attended 3 games the season we won the League Cup (including the final) and none of them were home games!

I enjoy doing other things on a Saturday afternoon.

Its got nothing to do with winning, losing, great performances or poor performances. I don't miss it in the slightest. On the odd occasion that I have attended a game, I have regretted turning up within a couple of minutes of kick off!

I keep tabs on results (even then, I'm sometimes not even aware Saints are playing until a day or two after the game)) and come on this forum but that's about it these days!

Then you are a fan.

They are as important as supporters!

Enjoy watching football at all levels by that I mean being there in person. Support Saints so always have a bit of passion built in side me watching them shit or not.

Exactly my point. You

Need to have that thing inside you. You support st mirren regardless. St mirren could play at race course Abd I still wouldn't miss a game.

Exactly my point. You

Need to have that thing inside you. You support st mirren regardless. St mirren could play at race course Abd I still wouldn't miss a game.

I can recognise the description of that "thing". I had it inside me for many years. I'd describe it as a belief that St Mirren were something special. A belief that the club was an absolute family club. A belief that the club cared about it's community. A belief that the club demanded higher standards from it's players and that was fair in it's pricing policy, and a pride in the fact that the club generally produced great quality young players that I could boast about having seen make their senior debuts whilst they were winning Champions League and UEFA Cup medals many years later.

I lost it in the early 00's when loads of wee annoyances piled up for me. Things like the problems I would encounter when bringing my then 3 year old son to matches in Paisley that proved the club was anything but family friendly to me. For example I watched my football in the enclosure. If I wanted to bring my son with me I'd have to pay more for his admission than for any other area in the ground - actually more than any other price we paid for him in any other ground in the country at that time - yet the reward for that was that I'd have to pay him in first through the child turnstyle and then leave him unattended on the other side whilst I was made to queue to get in through the adult gate. I never felt happy or comfortable with that and would regularly complain to the club but other than getting more and more online abuse from other fans nothing ever changed. Today parents and children can go through the same turnstyle thanks to the automated technology but if the club were still playing at Love Street I'm 100% certain the club still wouldn't have dealt with the issue. Once those annoyances set in then the layers started to come off. I could see the lack of a replacement for Joe Hughes, I could see the disgraceful way Tom Hendrie was treated both by the board and even more so by so called "fans" of the club who seemed desperate to use all the online tools - particularly the Official club one - to spread some of the most personal and vile rumours about Hendrie and about players in the squad. And because I was open to listening to criticism of the direction the club had gone in I found very quickly that people I knew who ran community football clubs around the Paisley area were only too happy to set me straight on what kind of club St Mirren had become.

So how do you get me back, or the hundreds of others who, like me, walked away for whatever reason?

I can recognise the description of that "thing". I had it inside me for many years. I'd describe it as a belief that St Mirren were something special. A belief that the club was an absolute family club. A belief that the club cared about it's community. A belief that the club demanded higher standards from it's players and that was fair in it's pricing policy, and a pride in the fact that the club generally produced great quality young players that I could boast about having seen make their senior debuts whilst they were winning Champions League and UEFA Cup medals many years later.

I lost it in the early 00's when loads of wee annoyances piled up for me. Things like the problems I would encounter when bringing my then 3 year old son to matches in Paisley that proved the club was anything but family friendly to me. For example I watched my football in the enclosure. If I wanted to bring my son with me I'd have to pay more for his admission than for any other area in the ground - actually more than any other price we paid for him in any other ground in the country at that time - yet the reward for that was that I'd have to pay him in first through the child turnstyle and then leave him unattended on the other side whilst I was made to queue to get in through the adult gate. I never felt happy or comfortable with that and would regularly complain to the club but other than getting more and more online abuse from other fans nothing ever changed. Today parents and children can go through the same turnstyle thanks to the automated technology but if the club were still playing at Love Street I'm 100% certain the club still wouldn't have dealt with the issue. Once those annoyances set in then the layers started to come off. I could see the lack of a replacement for Joe Hughes, I could see the disgraceful way Tom Hendrie was treated both by the board and even more so by so called "fans" of the club who seemed desperate to use all the online tools - particularly the Official club one - to spread some of the most personal and vile rumours about Hendrie and about players in the squad. And because I was open to listening to criticism of the direction the club had gone in I found very quickly that people I knew who ran community football clubs around the Paisley area were only too happy to set me straight on what kind of club St Mirren had become.

So how do you get me back, or the hundreds of others who, like me, walked away for whatever reason?

you have it or you don't. You might pretend you don't have it but you do why else would you post here that is the bottom line. St mirren is a great club we are not big but we kick above our weight half the time that's what makes us magic. We hit rock bottom then hit magic heights. It's always been that way and always will. Proud to be a buddie.

Supporting St Mirren for me is about having a pride in the club and the town where I was

born and bred, but most of all it's the togetherness you feel while watching a game with

those closest to you like my late Dad, my son, brothers and friends a kind of bond you

rarely find anywhere apart from at a game..

TBH I find it hard getting interested in any match that doesn't involve St Mirren..take

St Mirren out of football and any interest I have in the sport would probably just vanish,

so maybe in a strange way it's not the product on the park that attracts me too games.

Definitely not the product on the Park.

Players should be ashamed of their inability to master such a simple Sport.

More interested in moisturiser, hair gel and fairy boots.

Pay them what they deserve.

f**k all.