Season 16/17 Home & Away Kits

So, aside from children obeying the laws of nature and growing up, no real reason. You are aware the tricky issue of kids growing bigger will also affect next season's kit no matter when it goes on sale, and the season after that, and the season... You are I assume also aware the current season has a good way still to run don't you? Cup semi finals haven't even been played, titles, relegation, and St Mirren's mid-table mediocrity still to be confirmed. Playoffs still to be played, temperatures still to get past about 11 degrees C?

I'll bow out. St Mirren will never, ever put kits on sale with the season still in full swing, mind you, they also probably won't have them on sale until other clubs have had theirs on sale for a month and all Saints-supporting kids see their pals in their latest club kit, so you have a point there.

Edited by pozbaird

April to Septemberish

Ideal for Fans of all ages to wear their Saints kit.

Paying around 60 quid would be no bad value if the weans and others could get wearing it for 6 months instead of a few weeks.

Come on Saints.

GET EM OUT FOR APRIL THE FIRST.

At least the home yin then the change strip at the end of Season.

April to Septemberish

Ideal for Fans of all ages to wear their Saints kit.

Paying around 60 quid would be no bad value if the weans and others could get wearing it for 6 months instead of a few weeks.

Come on Saints.

GET EM OUT FOR APRIL THE FIRST.

At least the home yin then the change strip at the end of Season.

Last season's home kit surely deserved an April 1st launch. I'm with you on this now!

I agree with Shull. Most retailers put t-shirt on sale in the winter so those who buy the latest styles can wear them all summer. Football waits till most retailers have put t-shirt and Shorts on the sale bin before launching them. That's lunacy especially when the shirt is such an important part of your club branding.

Personally speaking I would definitely favour launching the new kits on the last home game of the season as has already been mentioned here and selling them there and then with the players wearing them.

Sadly that won't happen because;

1) JD completely control the sale of our strips and dictate when they will launch

2) We aren't allowed to sell our own strips at our own stadium

3) We've sold out our whole stadium to Rangers on the last day of the season

We really are an utter basketcase of a club when it comes to simple things like strips.

Being able to design our own is great, and we've had some belters over the last few years (as well as the utter abomination that was last season), and I know the training kit and sponsorship is super duper lucrative and that it's all about the money but at the end of the day the kids want to get the new kits for their summer holidays and if there isn't a Saints one there then mum or dad will buy those that are there, and that means Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea etc....

And that means an opportunity lost.

I believe next seasons home kit is in some way linked to the 30 year anniversary of the Scottish Cup win. Maybe it's a pinstripe replica, dunno, haven't seen it and I might be talking bollocks.

Quality is irrelevant.

If it isn't proper black and white stripes then it is shite.

Dreadful wearing that awful Kit in the Scottish Cup Final in 1987.

It's all about opinions my opinion is that this was a fantastic strip.