Complain To The Bbc Hearts = Greetin Faced Wee Bottlers

If you read Frank McGarvey's autobiography( which is very good by the way) he says Campbell Money called off with a sickness bug about an hour before kick off and Jim Stewart was throwing up with same bug just before kick off. Also states team had several Rangers supporters and I doubt they would've thrown the match. Was at the match and was convinced a couple of goals were offside, haven't watched tv footage to confirm this

Which player did you personally hear anout any of this lying down guff from DIRECTLY as you claimed earlier?

Granted, that is what I conveyed. This is incorrect. I was a bit pished when I typed out the initial post. The correct account is as posted earlier today.

It did come directly from a player, however, and I am 100% clear that my mate didn't make anything up. As such, it makes little material difference.

The Hearts team of that era, which Alex McDonald created in his image, were vermin to say the least, and must be as despicable a bunch of thugs and villains assembled in one place at any time since I've been watching football.

Then he left and did the same at Airdrie, who he also turned into pond life.

If any of these dicks are still upset, it's great, and even more so that we've sent them packing in two semi-finals and a final since then.

That arsehole Sandy Clark won't have been as keen to examine the surroundings to the shenanigans behind his 120th minute 'goal' in the semi-final replay at Hampden a couple of years earlier.

That prick knocked us back a few times

Makes 86 more pleasing

Granted, that is what I conveyed. This is incorrect. I was a bit pished when I typed out the initial post. The correct account is as posted earlier today.

It did come directly from a player, however, and I am 100% clear that my mate didn't make anything up. As such, it makes little material difference.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Aye, anyway, as I indicated earlier, you KEEP saying you are not one way or the other, yet you standby these unsubstantiated versions? 1eye.gif

This indicates you believe this version, which is beyond belief. bye1.gif

An absolute howler on this subject.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Aye, anyway, as I indicated earlier, you KEEP saying you are not one way or the other, yet you standby these unsubstantiated versions? 1eye.gif

This indicates you believe this version, which is beyond belief. bye1.gif

An absolute howler on this subject.

Where have I said I believe it?

I 100% believe that my mate was told this by a player. The player might have been talking shite, but why would he makes such claims to someone who isn't remotely interested in football, much less St Mirren or Hearts? That's not to say he wasn't at the fanny, though.

The fact that you cannot differentiate between me stating that I am absolutely clear that a player made this claim, and that I believe his claim, is indicative of a typical lack of understanding on your part.

Edited by Drew

I've disclosed this before on here.

I have spoken to close friends of that St Mirren squad who confirm the players did lie down. I've also heard it directly from one of the players who featured on the day.

Thing is, I couldn't give a f**k. Indeed, I think it makes the whole thing more amusing.

Yup - Alex McDonald's Hearts team were exceptionally dirty and cynical, I was glad to see them lose both the league and cup that season and it wouldn't bother me if we maybe didn't run ourselves into the ground that day.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Truth be told the only fans that have dug us up about 86 were the Oldco fans

Seething they were and to this day known as Sellic's wee team because of this

Brilliant,30 years on and the reaction has been passed on to Sevco fans

They won't let it lie and Hearts fans i have met never mention it

I was at the game that day and as far as I saw it We rolled over and let cel@ic walk all over us. but it did stop a dirty and rotten Jambos team who gave football a bad name winning the league. Still cringe at the mention of McDonalds name he would have got football stopped.

That's it. You are attempting to read into my post when it's really that clear and simple and more laughably you've responded by trying to defend a player whom you have absolutely no idea whether he was proud of his performance that day or not.

where did I try to defend him?

I was also at the game and Celtic just blew us away in the first half.

As has been shown, you talk a load of pish, eg "Celtic needed 5 goals, they had got them by half time" Wrong and wrong.

Where have I said I believe it?

I 100% believe that my mate was told this by a player. The player might have been talking shite,

Two unsubstantiated claims in the one post. 1eye.gif1eye.gif1eye.gif

but why would he makes such claims to someone who isn't remotely interested in football, much less St Mirren or Hearts? That's not to say he wasn't at the fanny, though.

The fact that you cannot differentiate between me stating that I am absolutely clear that a player made this claim, and that I believe his claim, is indicative of a typical lack of understanding on your part.

"Something I have little reason to disbelieve."

Where did I say you had believed it? lol.giflol.giflol.gif

You clearly have some desire to believe it or you wouldn't be CONTINUALLY spouting fairy stories. 1eye.gif

Lack of understanding? bye1.gif Just because you can't admit you have a desire to believe isn't my problem, quite obviously yours.

An absolute howler. bangin.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Where did I say you had you believe it? lol.giflol.giflol.gif

You clearly have some desire to believe it or you wouldn't be CONTINUALLY spouting fairy stories. 1eye.gif

Lack of understanding? bye1.gif Just because you can't admit you have a desire to believe isn't my problem, quite obviously yours.

An absolute howler. bangin.gif

Seek help.

where did I try to defend him?

I was also at the game and Celtic just blew us away in the first half.

As has been shown, you talk a load of pish, eg "Celtic needed 5 goals, they had got them by half time" Wrong and wrong.

You said he's a guy from Ayrshire and an ex Ranger. In doing so you offer a defence of a man who hasn't asked you to defend him, who hasn't been accused of anything other than of having had a poor game.

However where I am tonight in the situation I'm seeing I've got far better things to do than time waste scoring points over you.