Complain To The Bbc Hearts = Greetin Faced Wee Bottlers

Not sure why you'd complain to the BBC, there was a quote from Kenny Black accusing us of lying down, quickly refuted by murdo mcleod. Seemed pretty balanced. And the article was written by David Currie from paisley.

Why have it in at all it's not relevant. Hearts bottled it end of story

I've disclosed this before on here.

I have spoken to close friends of that St Mirren squad who confirm the players did lie down. I've also heard it directly from one of the players who featured on the day.

Thing is, I couldn't give a f**k. Indeed, I think it makes the whole thing more amusing.

"Close friends of the squad"

I smell horseshit.

The squad decided as one to "lie down"?

Complete made up pish.

I've disclosed this before on here.

I have spoken to close friends of that St Mirren squad who confirm the players did lie down. I've also heard it directly from one of the players who featured on the day.

Thing is, I couldn't give a f**k. Indeed, I think it makes the whole thing more amusing.

So did we just lie down in the 1st half?

"I'm probably old enough to remember when folk didn't hold 'the BBC' responsible for the failings of their miserable existence..." Quote: FS 'the noo'. ????

Edited by FS

"Close friends of the squad"

I smell horseshit.

The squad decided as one to "lie down"?

Complete made up pish.

Yeah its a very strong smell isnt it.

Of course his "honour" will prevent him naming the player who apparently freely admitted to match fixing to a total stranger quite fortuitously preventing from having to actually prove this garbage.

He may not give a f**k but if he has proof of match fixing involving Saints players plenty of others will be.

Do the honourable thing Drew. If you genuinely have proof of corruption lets have it.

I suspect however that this is some weird attention seeking thing though.

So did we just lie down in the 1st half?

Exactly.

I think having made allegations of corruption and match fixing at our club he should do the decent thing and spill the beans.

This just smacks of there being no beans to spill however.

Edited by oaksoft

Yeah its a very strong smell isnt it.

Of course his "honour" will prevent him naming the player who apparently freely admitted to match fixing to a total stranger quite fortuitously preventing from having to actually prove this garbage.

He may not give a f**k but if he has proof of match fixing involving Saints players plenty of others will be.

Do the honourable thing Drew. If you genuinely have proof of corruption lets have it.

I suspect however that this is some weird attention seeking thing though.

*sigh*

I've already told the story.

Close mate of mine worked with former player. Close friend (who knows nothing about fitba....maybe even less than you) brought up discussion he has with former player on night out. Latter talking about playing days, claimed that several 'Celtic minded' members of the team agreed to throw the match, him included. I'm not naming the player as that implicates my mate in breaching a confidence.

I later had a chat in the Scotia Bar with a guy who is mates with a few members of that team - including one who regularly drank in said pub. I brought up story, assuming he would laugh it off. He didn't. He effectively backed it up.

I really don't give a flying f**k whether you think I'm making this up. Ask yourself this, though, why would I make it up? Attention seeking? I'll leave that for others to judge.

It doesn't bother me either way. It was Hearts' title to lose. They blew it.

So ex ranger Jim Stewart agreed to let 5 in?

See above.

I'm just recounting something I was told. Something I have little reason to disbelieve.

Anyone who thinks this sort of thing didn't/doesn't go on is kidding themselves on.

Edited by Drew

*sigh*

I've already told the story.

Close mate of mine worked with former player. Close friend (who knows nothing about fitba....maybe even less than you) brought up discussion he has with former player on night out. Latter talking about playing days, claimed that several 'Celtic minded' members of the team agreed to throw the match, him included. I'm not naming the player as that implicates my mate in breaching a confidence.

I later had a chat in the Scotia Bar with a guy who is mates with a few members of that team - including one who regularly drank in said pub. I brought up story, assuming he would laugh it off. He didn't. He effectively backed it up.

I really don't give a flying f**k whether you think I'm making this up. Ask yourself this, though, why would I make it up? Attention seeking? I'll leave that for others to judge.

It doesn't bother me either way. It was Hearts' title to lose. They blew it.

Hasn't it occurred to you that this "mate" and other "mate" (two mates lol.gif ) could either have been told a half truth or even a load of shite to cover up the fact we got humped?

Even that these "mates" could the have slightly misunderstood or added to this story for effect?

I'm in no position to say if the game was thrown or not, only that it's improbable for so many players to "agree" as a group and others not kick up such a fuss it would not have become public knowledge at the time.

You say you have little reason to disbelieve, leading me to think you quite like the idea.

I prefer to think it's a load of shite.

"I'm probably old enough to remember when folk didn't hold 'the BBC' responsible for the failings of their miserable existence..." Quote: FS 'the noo'.

I left at h/t disgusted by the way we were playing. Remember walking by a celtic supporting workmate who just shook his head at me. Home early the wife said to me replying something liked shameful bastards. Did some our players lie down ? well it did look that way to me but as other had said, Hearts just did what the Hibs now do and f**ked It up.

it was a sore one to take. We were not chasing anything in that game the Celtic manager David Hay plasters the away dressing room with paper cuttings more or less saying Hearts had won the league. Celtic were well fired up that day. All Hearts had to do was win their game it was in Hearts hands not ours

Hasn't it occurred to you that this "mate" and other "mate" (two mates lol.gif ) could either have been told a half truth or even a load of shite to cover up the fact we got humped?

Even that these "mates" could the have slightly misunderstood or added to this story for effect?

I'm in no position to say if the game was thrown or not, only that it's improbable for so many players to "agree" as a group and others not kick up such a fuss it would not have become public knowledge at the time.

You say you have little reason to disbelieve, leading me to think you quite like the idea.

I prefer to think it's a load of shite.

Nope.

I said I don't care one way or the other.

Of course I can't confirm the veracity of the story. I'm simply sharing it, and highlighting that the context in which it was shared with me gives me little reason to doubt elements of it. It wasn't a bitter Jambo who told me this.

If it's any comfort, Drew, I had a bad feeling on the day and I haven't changed my mind since. Several years ago I was told by a Saints fan that he was told by one of our players that a few, not all, of our team did decide to have a bad day at the office. The only undeniable fact is that Dundee blew it themselves.

it was a sore one to take. We were not chasing anything in that game the Celtic manager David Hay plasters the away dressing room with paper cuttings more or less saying Hearts had won the league. Celtic were well fired up that day. All Hearts had to do was win their game it was in Hearts hands not ours

All Hearts had to do was draw,not win.All they had to do was keep the score the same as it was at kick off but they couldn't do it.......and that's our fault?

If it's any comfort, Drew, I had a bad feeling on the day and I haven't changed my mind since. Several years ago I was told by a Saints fan that he was told by one of our players that a few, not all, of our team did decide to have a bad day at the office. The only undeniable fact is that Dundee blew it themselves.

Cheers Rick.

The point is, I have no reason to make anything up, here. What could my angle be?

People getting all hot under under the collar about it does make me chuckle, however.

FFS why get all defensive about it? And why the f**k would anyone complain to the BBC. Any claims that St Mirren players threw the match isn't an attack on your integrity or professionalism. Its an attack on the players who played for St Mirren that day.

I was at that game. St Mirren put in a woeful performance and I had Jim Stewart down as the player I'd blame most on that day.

Celtic needed to win by 5. They'd got that by half time and no one kicked a ball - for either side in the second 45.