Jump to content

shull

The Politics Thread

Recommended Posts


3 hours ago, antrin said:

I know, I know, I know....
they got it wrong last time.  I agree.

It’s good that they caught that, readdressed it and published the correction.

 

 

😛

 

Same poll, totally different outcomes - with one result announced without having been weighted first. Statistics eh?

It's all bollox antrin, until one of them starts routinely hitting 60%. Everything else can be considered too close to call. Both sides getting way too excited over very little.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously though, forget the polls, but could someone please explain to me how a supporter of independence can have their minds changed by the Salmond/Sturgeon goings on? I mean regardless of your view on who is right and who is wrong.

What the f**k does one have to do with the other. 
“I was pure dead in favour of independence so ah wiz, but it’s possible thit yon Nicola Sturgeon might have been tellin some fibs, so am pure dead for the union noo so ah um”.

Are we really expected to think that there are folk with more than half a brain cell that have come to this conclusion?

If it is the case, then it’s true that some folk are too f**kin stupid to be given a vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Seriously though, forget the polls, but could someone please explain to me how a supporter of independence can have their minds changed by the Salmond/Sturgeon goings on? I mean regardless of your view on who is right and who is wrong.

What the f**k does one have to do with the other. 
“I was pure dead in favour of independence so ah wiz, but it’s possible thit yon Nicola Sturgeon might have been tellin some fibs, so am pure dead for the union noo so ah um”.

Are we really expected to think that there are folk with more than half a brain cell that have come to this conclusion?

If it is the case, then it’s true that some folk are too f**kin stupid to be given a vote.

It's random fluctuations of statistical data that we are seeing in these "changing polls" and within reasonable statistical error they are all saying the same thing that there is no real sustained change. Yes has caught No and now they are about the same.

To get published, you need a story to "explain" what has "changed" so you get some academic to postulate something which sounds plausible and there's your story. Absolutely nothing has in actual fact changed. It's all pathetic nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Seriously though, forget the polls, but could someone please explain to me how a supporter of independence can have their minds changed by the Salmond/Sturgeon goings on? I mean regardless of your view on who is right and who is wrong.

What the f**k does one have to do with the other. 
“I was pure dead in favour of independence so ah wiz, but it’s possible thit yon Nicola Sturgeon might have been tellin some fibs, so am pure dead for the union noo so ah um”.

Are we really expected to think that there are folk with more than half a brain cell that have come to this conclusion?

If it is the case, then it’s true that some folk are too f**kin stupid to be given a vote.

I'm afraid that the majority of people will put their faith in the leader of a party and, as such, if that faith is dented it will dent their faith in the party.

Not many people have the time or inclination to pour over a political parties manifesto.

You scathing comment on the general public come across as though you think you are better than the majority of people.

People who think that, rarely are. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



I'm afraid that the majority of people will put their faith in the leader of a party and, as such, if that faith is dented it will dent their faith in the party.
Not many people have the time or inclination to pour over a political parties manifesto.
You scathing comment on the general public come across as though you think you are better than the majority of people.
People who think that, rarely are. 
 
 


What about those of us who KNOW we are better than the majority of people?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'm afraid that the majority of people will put their faith in the leader of a party and, as such, if that faith is dented it will dent their faith in the party.

Not many people have the time or inclination to pour over a political parties manifesto.

You scathing comment on the general public come across as though you think you are better than the majority of people.

People who think that, rarely are. 

 

 

I hear that a lot.

What are you basing this conclusion on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'm afraid that the majority of people will put their faith in the leader of a party and, as such, if that faith is dented it will dent their faith in the party.

Not many people have the time or inclination to pour over a political parties manifesto.

You scathing comment on the general public come across as though you think you are better than the majority of people.

People who think that, rarely are. 

 

 

The point I’m making FS is that SNP does not = Independence and independence does not = The SNP.

I don’t support independence because I support the SNP. That would be stupid. I support the SNP because I support independence and they are currently the best vehicle for it. A loss of faith in the SNP would not for me mean a loss of faith in independence. I mean why should it? 
 

Independence = Self determination and once achieved we can hold parties to account every 5 years. Ironically in the current set up the only party Scotland can hold to account is the SNP!
 

Surely to Christ pointing out this fundamental truism doesn’t make me arrogant or suggest I think I know better than others?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

The point I’m making FS is that SNP does not = Independence and independence does not = The SNP.

I don’t support independence because I support the SNP. That would be stupid. I support the SNP because I support independence and they are currently the best vehicle for it. A loss of faith in the SNP would not for me mean a loss of faith in independence. I mean why should it? 
 

Independence = Self determination and once achieved we can hold parties to account every 5 years. Ironically in the current set up the only party Scotland can hold to account is the SNP!
 

Surely to Christ pointing out this fundamental truism doesn’t make me arrogant or suggest I think I know better than others?
 

It doesn't but you've triggered a feeling of inferiority in him which results in a defensive response like the one he gave.

I don't know why he cares whether you think you are better than the majority of people or not anyway. It doesn't affect him in any way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Seriously though, forget the polls, but could someone please explain to me how a supporter of independence can have their minds changed by the Salmond/Sturgeon goings on? I mean regardless of your view on who is right and who is wrong.

What the f**k does one have to do with the other. 
“I was pure dead in favour of independence so ah wiz, but it’s possible thit yon Nicola Sturgeon might have been tellin some fibs, so am pure dead for the union noo so ah um”.

Are we really expected to think that there are folk with more than half a brain cell that have come to this conclusion?

If it is the case, then it’s true that some folk are too f**kin stupid to be given a vote.

 

Just now, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

The point I’m making FS is that SNP does not = Independence and independence does not = The SNP.

I don’t support independence because I support the SNP. That would be stupid. I support the SNP because I support independence and they are currently the best vehicle for it. A loss of faith in the SNP would not for me mean a loss of faith in independence. I mean why should it? 
 

Independence = Self determination and once achieved we can hold parties to account every 5 years. Ironically in the current set up the only party Scotland can hold to account is the SNP!
 

Surely to Christ pointing out this fundamental truism doesn’t make me arrogant or suggest I think I know better than others?
 

I understand that but surely you understand what I pointed out?

Leaders of a party are the focal point, the other stuff is fluff to most people.

If the leader of a party is seen as untrustworthy the public will start to ask if they should be in charge of the country, more worrying if we became independent.

Your earlier post DID come across as being arrogant in the extreme, maybe not your intention but came across loud and clear. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

 

I understand that but surely you understand what I pointed out?

Leaders of a party are the focal point, the other stuff is fluff to most people.

If the leader of a party is seen as untrustworthy the public will start to ask if they should be in charge of the country, more worrying if we became independent.

Your earlier post DID come across as being arrogant in the extreme, maybe not your intention but came across loud and clear. 

 

Yes, but the part of my post you highlight is me saying I DON’T actually think that is the case. I DON’T think that folk are that thick. I agree with Oaky that there is probably nothing at all to see in these recent polls and I certainly agree that until they start hitting nearer 60% then there’s little evidence to suggest another referendum is justifiable. I’m not referring to a drop in support for the SNP as a result of this stushie. That will be resolved one way or another in May. I’m talking about a drop in support for independence. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It doesn't but you've triggered a feeling of inferiority in him which results in a defensive response like the one he gave.

I don't know why he cares whether you think you are better than the majority of people or not anyway. It doesn't affect him in any way. 

Aye but I’m a bit of a soft arse Oaky and unlike you I sort of care a little bit what folk think of me 🤣

Even folk I don’t know on a fitba forum. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Aye but I’m a bit of a soft arse Oaky and unlike you I sort of care a little bit what folk think of me 🤣

Even folk I don’t know on a fitba forum. 😁

You pathetic weakling. When the revolution comes you'll be the first to be eaten. :D:P

Don't worry though. With my PhD, I'll be outed as utterly useless to the new manual work environment and will be the second to be eaten. :D 

It's not true that I don't care at all what people think of me in real life or online but I don't give a lot of weight to it when people get lippy about me. All humans, from the highest ranking to the lowest, are utter irredeemable idiots. Including myself. I never forget that and try to have as much fun as possible until my candle burns itself out. Never been a better time to be alive and living in this part of the world. :D Don't let others kill your vibe. Especially fecking @elvis.

Edited by oaksoft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You pathetic weakling. When the revolution comes you'll be the first to be eaten. :D:P

Don't worry though. With my PhD, I'll be outed as utterly useless to the new manual work environment and will be the second to be eaten. :D 

It's not true that I don't care at all what people think of me in real life or online but I don't give a lot of weight to it when people get lippy about me. All humans, from the highest ranking to the lowest, are utter irredeemable idiots. Including myself. I never forget that and try to have as much fun as possible until my candle burns itself out. Never been a better time to be alive and living in this part of the world. :D Don't let others kill your vibe. Especially fecking @elvis.

This is exactly what the Chinese did, lawyers first then academics. Long live the peasants ( I will be shouting) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

This is exactly what the Chinese did, lawyers first then academics. Long live the peasants ( I will be shouting) 

That is where I got the inspiration for my post.

Didn't work out too well for the peasants either though.

At least my pain and death will be swift.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That is where I got the inspiration for my post.
Didn't work out too well for the peasants either though.
At least my pain and death will be swift.
I wouldn't count on it if those carrying it out have read your stuff...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2021 at 5:21 PM, faraway saint said:

I'm afraid that the majority of people will put their faith in the leader of a party and, as such, if that faith is dented it will dent their faith in the party.

Not many people have the time or inclination to pour over a political parties manifesto.

You scathing comment on the general public come across as though you think you are better than the majority of people.

People who think that, rarely are. 

 

 

But most intelligent people are NOT following a party, let alone a leader. Anyone who wants Scotland to be an independent nation are supporting the ideal. That ideal doesn't change with the leader of the party if the core cause of the party doesn't change. The SNP are not changing their message.

If the polls were asking if people would vote for Sturgeon or for the merits of what the SNP have done in a union ruled Scottish assembly then those who voted for them because they thought the SNP would run the Scottish purse better, then may be swayed by this nonsense. I would imagine those are few and far between.

We'll see what effect the recent scuffle has in May. With the likes of Anus Sawar, Rennie and Davidson as alternatives, I firmly believe the SNP will wipe the floor with that lot.

 

ETA. I've just listened to Rennie and he's so afraid of the percentages in favour of Scottish Independence that he's asking believers of that cause to set it aside JUST NOW. Says it all.

Edited by stlucifer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stlucifer said:

But most intelligent people are NOT following a party, let alone a leader. Anyone who wants Scotland to be an independent nation are supporting the ideal. That ideal doesn't change with the leader of the party if the core cause of the party doesn't change. The SNP are not changing their message.

If the polls were asking if people would vote for Sturgeon or for the merits of what the SNP have done in a union ruled Scottish assembly then those who voted for them because they thought the SNP would run the Scottish purse better, then may be swayed by this nonsense. I would imagine those are few and far between.

We'll see what effect the recent scuffle has in May. With the likes of Anus Sawar, Rennie and Davidson as alternatives, I firmly believe the SNP will wipe the floor with that lot.

Are you saying that the recent drop is all down to stupid people?

How do you know this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Are you saying that the recent drop is all down to stupid people?

How do you know this? 

No. I'm saying there is NO real drop in support. The only poll that will really matter is one that includes all of Scotland in May. Unless, as OKAY, or OK, said, there is a substantial change in the numbers. Asking a thousand people is generally only a gauge, and not a very good one. I would need to know the exact question that was asked and how it was introduced to say further but, even then, I would take it with a tablespoon of salt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

No. I'm saying there is NO real drop in support. The only poll that will really matter is one that includes all of Scotland in May. Unless, as OKAY, or OK, said, there is a substantial change in the numbers. Asking a thousand people is generally only a gauge, and not a very good one. I would need to know the exact question that was asked and how it was introduced to say further but, even then, I would take it with a tablespoon of salt.

I'd wager if the same polls showed a surge in the yes vote you would be singing a different tune.

While I agree these polls are a gauge I would dispute they are "not very good".

Anyhow, lets see what the future brings, I'll not be crying in cornflakes either way, unlike you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I'd wager if the same polls showed a surge in the yes vote you would be singing a different tune.

While I agree these polls are a gauge I would dispute they are "not very good".

Anyhow, lets see what the future brings, I'll not be crying in cornflakes either way, unlike you. 

Of course he would because then it would be a "surge" rather than random statistical fluctuations as we are seeing now.

For someone claiming not to be bothered either way, you seem to have a lot to say about it - pretty much all of it hot air. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Of course he would because then it would be a "surge" rather than random statistical fluctuations as we are seeing now.

For someone claiming not to be bothered either way, you seem to have a lot to say about it - pretty much all of it hot air. 

You say that as if it matters? 

Just to clarify, as you ALWAYS change the rhetoric to suit your skewed view, I'll not be crying if the vote goes in favour of independence but I certainly do not see independence as a good move.

Hot air, that's funny coming from you. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...