Jump to content

The Politics Thread


shull
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, jaybee said:

I have to say she is the poorest apology for a politician that I have ever laid my eyes on

Hang on. Just realised you posted this. What utter nonsense. :lol:

Worse than Johann Lamont? Worse than Boris Johnson? Worse than the SNP, MSP god-obsessed nutter John Mason? Worse than Natalie McGarry? Worse than Salmond FFS? :lol:

Hope you enjoyed your fishing trip. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites


32 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Hang on. Just realised you posted this. What utter nonsense. :lol:

Worse than Johann Lamont? Worse than Boris Johnson? Worse than the SNP, MSP god-obsessed nutter John Mason? Worse than Natalie McGarry? Worse than Salmond FFS? :lol:

Hope you enjoyed your fishing trip. :lol:

I can out fish you any day of the week old boy, read that wot I wrote "I have to say she is the poorest apology for a politician that I have ever laid my eyes on" ergo I have laid eyes upon her in person as opposed to seeing the others on the idiot box, having said that I also have no time for Salmond, although he was acquitted, but then again so was 'she' and McGarry is according to the law of the land innocent until proven guilty.  My problem is really the isolationist doctrine that they all seem to wallow in and the fact that they have such an amount of support.  Both Salmond and Sturgeon are vying to be the big fish in the little pond that is Scotland and it's all big bad Boris's fault, you really couldn't make it up could you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, jaybee said:

I can out fish you any day of the week old boy, read that wot I wrote "I have to say she is the poorest apology for a politician that I have ever laid my eyes on" ergo I have laid eyes upon her in person as opposed to seeing the others on the idiot box, having said that I also have no time for Salmond, although he was acquitted, but then again so was 'she' and McGarry is according to the law of the land innocent until proven guilty.  My problem is really the isolationist doctrine that they all seem to wallow in and the fact that they have such an amount of support.  Both Salmond and Sturgeon are vying to be the big fish in the little pond that is Scotland and it's all big bad Boris's fault, you really couldn't make it up could you?

Perhaps if you had said "met" instead of "laid eyes on" everyone would have known what you meant! As for your final sentence, it looks like you made it up. Isolationism is not what Scioland and the SNP is about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, smcc said:

Perhaps if you had said "met" instead of "laid eyes on" everyone would have known what you meant! As for your final sentence, it looks like you made it up. Isolationism is not what Scotland and the SNP is about.

 Indeed.

A strange description for a party that would re-join the EU first chance it gets.

Now, if you applied the term to the the party currently "running" the UK................................

Edited by FTOF
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, FTOF said:

 Indeed.

A strange description for a party that would re-join the EU first chance it gets.

Now, if you applied the term to the the party currently "running" the UK................................

Leaving the EU WASN'T  their choice. 

That'll be them pesky members of the public. 

Edited by faraway saint
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Leaving the EU WASN'T  their choice. 

That'll be them pesky members of the public. 

The Brexit referendum was only advisory, there was no need to accept the result so technically it was the Tories choice, somewhere out there there's a better, kinder universe where this actually did happen.

Of course that's a disingenuous answer but no less so than saying that Brexit was not largely down to a sizeable (and predominantly right wing & jingoistic) faction of the Tory party agitating for it - with plenty of support from sundry billionaire Press Barons.

***************

In the RealWorldTM The Proclaimers should've realized the best deal realistically available from their POV was membership of the Customs Union which was rejected by only 6 votes in the round of Indicative Votes two years ago today.

Edited by Bud the Baker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

The Brexit referendum was only advisory, there was no need to accept the result so technically it was the Tories choice, somewhere out there there's a better, kinder universe where this actually did happen.

Of course that's a disingenuous answer but no less so than saying that Brexit was not largely down to a sizeable (and predominantly right wing &' jingoistic) faction of the Tory party agitating for it - with plenty of support from sundry billionaire Press Barons.

***************

In the RealWorldTM The Proclaimers should've realized the best deal realistically available from their POV was membership of the Customs Union which was rejected by only 6 votes in the round of Indicative Votes two years ago today.

Blah blah blah.............................democracy, who needs it eh? :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/26/2021 at 4:37 PM, BuddieinEK said:

Hillarious!

At one time, he was adulated and could do no wrong.

I was at that time castigated for not trusting him! emoji850.pngemoji26.png

The very people who rounded on me are now rounding on him!

(Rightly so at last imo)

Still.... It's not as if his "bestie" (her words) learned anything from him! emoji850.png

Indeed .

Thick as Thieves?

 

Sometimes you dangle the truth in front of people and they simple refuse to see it . The truth doesn't care who believes it. .

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Honestly bud, there's really nothing hilarious about any of this and I know you don't actually mean that.

Because of a technicality, this guy has walked free from court after multiple allegations of sexual assault against him. Now those women have to sit and watch this utter charade and apparently there is absolutely nothing which can be done about it.

I suspect that he will vanish without a trace at election time with next to nobody voting for him but the fact that he can even have a go at this is nothing short of disgraceful. It's very hard not to be angry on behalf of the women brave enough to make those allegations.

So it's anger rather than hilarity that I'm feeling at the moment. I suspect that all right thinking people will feel similarly. A good boot in the baws electorally in May is what this guy needs.

What  is the technicality ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Indeed .

Thick as Thieves?

 

Sometimes you dangle the truth in front of people and they simple refuse to see it . The truth doesn't care who believes it. .

 

 

And then at the other end of the scale we have the poor gullible f**kers who will believe literally anything they read from Bob's Rootin' Tootin' website. Peach slices as a cure for covid. FFS. :lol:

Our beautiful forum is blessed with both special types.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Sorry bud, this isn't a game I am interested in playing.

Didn't think you would because there is no game.

Your making silly comments on which from what I  can see there is no legal basis.

Maybe if you care to expand on what the technicality is then I may be able to see your point ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Don't drink and post, it only makes you look stupid. :lol:

Posted when sober.

Like the many posts that make you look stupid.:rolleyes:

Of course it was democratically decided.

However, the referendum only came about as Cameron shat it and succumbed to pressure from his own Euro sceptic MP's and UKip's rising support amongst the public. He then doubly fucked it by assuming that the UK would vote to stay in and put very little effort in to counter the leave publicity efforts.

If only his party had put in as much effort into the campaign for staying in the EU, as the they did when when it came to the Scottish independence referendum...................

But we can't blame the tories, they had no part in it.:lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Posted when sober.

Like the many posts that make you look stupid.:rolleyes:

Of course it was democratically decided.

However, the referendum only came about as Cameron shat it and succumbed to pressure from his own Euro sceptic MP's and UKip's rising support amongst the public. He then doubly fucked it by assuming that the UK would vote to stay in and put very little effort in to counter the leave publicity efforts.

If only his party had put in as much effort into the campaign for staying in the EU, as the they did when when it came to the Scottish independence referendum...................

But we can't blame the tories, they had no part in it.:lol:

Don't you, and a few other's, get fed up scraping about blaming other people for everything?

Over the 40 odd years I've worked there's been umpteen parties in charge, never got in my way in any shape or form.

Politicians come and go, I, as I've said, don't give a monkeys. 

PS If you were sober when you called me a "tory boy" you might want to seek medical help, you shouldn't have to go too far. :byebye

While you're there see if that chip on your shoulder can be removed. :lol:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Over the 40 odd years I've worked there's been umpteen parties in charge, never got in my way in any shape or form.

That's because you've don't care  about politics so you never notice how policies affect you.  The main effect is a knock down policy like employers NI contributions are raised so they pass it on to you by way of a reduced pay increase or by cutting jobs, that sort of thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

That's because you've don't care  about politics so you never notice how policies affect you.  The main effect is a knock down policy like employers NI contributions are raised so they pass it on to you by way of a reduced pay increase or by cutting jobs, that sort of thing.

Is it? 

Thanks for that. 

Well, I've always had a simple philosophy, get up, go to work, work hard and it's done me, and my family, pretty well over the years.

Just one thing, don't tell me I don't care about politics, you have no idea what politics means to me, just because I don't let it become all consuming doesn't mean I don't care.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Don't you, and a few other's, get fed up scraping about blaming other people for everything?

Over the 40 odd years I've worked there's been umpteen parties in charge, never got in my way in any shape or form.

Politicians come and go, I, as I've said, don't give a monkeys. 

PS If you were sober when you called me a "tory boy" you might want to seek medical help, you shouldn't have to go too far. :byebye

While you're there see if that chip on your shoulder can be removed. :lol:

 

That's good, lady luck has been kind to you and long may it continue, and me too I've never been unemployed and always had food on my table, my waistline can vouch for that, :guinness

But not everyone has the same luck, some people lives change in a heartbeat and without warning,  that's when you hope there's a Government it place that's does give a monkeys, 

Just like the National Health Service I've personally never really needed it,  but i would always vote for a party and politicians who promise to protect it,  and not just for my own benefit. 

Edited by portmahomack saint
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My tuppence worth on the Alex Salmond party and overarching situation. 

- I feel he is likely right in this new party will garnish a larger pro-yes majority of MSP's in May, rightly or wrongly depending on your view, there will be a percentage of SNP voters and possibly others in favour of Indy that will select them for the list & I can see that returning overall more pro-indy MSP's. 

- I can't call an SNP majority either way, my gut does say they'll likely fall a wee bit short but I certainly wouldn't bet on it

- Overall, it may appear favourable for our next Scottish government regarding views on independence (super-majority might be pushing it) but I feel regarding any following referendum it would do more harm than good having Salmond back in front-line politics. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Don't you, and a few other's, get fed up scraping about blaming other people for everything?

Over the 40 odd years I've worked there's been umpteen parties in charge, never got in my way in any shape or form.

Politicians come and go, I, as I've said, don't give a monkeys. 

PS If you were sober when you called me a "tory boy" you might want to seek medical help, you shouldn't have to go too far. :byebye

While you're there see if that chip on your shoulder can be removed. :lol:

 

What a crock of shite Tory boy.:lol: 

Unlike you it would seem, others pay attention to how political decisions affect the population as a whole.

I also don't blame "other people" for everything. However, I do want those , who are responsible for making political decisions which disadvantage significant numbers of the population, of whom many are the vulnerable in society, brought to task. Factor in the fact that many recent decisions have benefited the Tory government's already privileged colleagues, who have been allowed to poke their snouts even deeper into the "money trough" at the taxpayer's expense.

I also feel that attempts to apportion blame on  the current SNP government for the shambles that they presided over regarding the recent court case, is fully justified. As I've mentioned before, their decision to move "untested" patients into care homes from hospital early on in the pandemic was madness.

Good decisions should be commented upon too. For example, the furlough scheme and the format of recent vaccine roll out, seem to be good political decisions. Although how we finance the former is going to be interesting.

I'm certainly no political crusader, just someone who doesn't appear to be as selfish as yourself.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

My tuppence worth on the Alex Salmond party and overarching situation. 

- I feel he is likely right in this new party will garnish a larger pro-yes majority of MSP's in May, rightly or wrongly depending on your view, there will be a percentage of SNP voters and possibly others in favour of Indy that will select them for the list & I can see that returning overall more pro-indy MSP's. 

- I can't call an SNP majority either way, my gut does say they'll likely fall a wee bit short but I certainly wouldn't bet on it

- Overall, it may appear favourable for our next Scottish government regarding views on independence (super-majority might be pushing it) but I feel regarding any following referendum it would do more harm than good having Salmond back in front-line politics. 

That's a possibility,  but in reality independence is not about Salmond or any individual 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

That's a possibility,  but in reality independence is not about Salmond or any individual 

I couldn't agree with you more, however the unfortunate nature is there will be people voting in any referendum who's X in the box will be influenced by individuals. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...