David Camerons Last Question Time

Stuart Dickson

I have to say what a superb performance by the PM. Good banter with Corbyn, and easily swatting away that rather pathetic performance of the man who wants to be SNP Deputy Leader. It would have been good if he could have been as relaxed and open at the dispatch box more often but he'll be sadly missed in this house.

I have to say what a superb performance by the PM. Good banter with Corbyn, and easily swatting away that rather pathetic performance of the man who wants to be SNP Deputy Leader. It would have been good if he could have been as relaxed and open at the dispatch box more often but he'll be sadly missed in this house.

Is this the same guy who has the country in a mess then bails out when the going gets tough ?

Tony Blair also enjoyed a triumphant last PMQT.................

Cameron surrounded himself largely with a pack of ex-public schoolboys and Oxbridge politicians-for-life, he's done little to tax the fatcats while attacking the welfare state - but as long as the boyz on the backbenches (and the Tory PLP is still 80% male) make a lotta noise I suppose the usual suspects will declare it a triumph.

Welcome Theresa May - I've got little expectation her policies will be an improvement, who knows maybe she'll prove me wrong but I reckon she'll be the one to finally break the Union.

Edited by Bud the Baker

9 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Tony Blair also enjoyed a triumphant last PMQT.................

Cameron surrounded himself largely with a pack of ex-public schoolboys and Oxbridge politicians-for-life, he's done little to tax the fatcats while attacking the welfare state - but as long as the boyz on the backbenches (and the Tory PLP is still 80% male) make a lotta noise I suppose the usual suspects will declare it a triumph.

Welcome Theresa May - I've got little expectation her policies will be an improvement, who knows maybe she'll prove me wrong but I reckon she'll be the one to finally break the Union.

I was going to post a condescending acerbic comment, but you've been critical of that in the past and you've made attempts at reasoned debate, so can I just ask you why you think it is in Theresa May's gift to break the union? Surely it's a matter of democracy as to whether Scotland stays in within the UK or not. Surely it would be up to Nicola Sturgeon to convince us all that we'd be better off teaming up with Sinn Fein to try to secure the opportunity to stay in the EU where we can work with the likes of the French National Front, Austria's Freedom Party, Hungary's Jobbik Party and Polands Law and Justice Party to deliver a better political future for Scotland? 

1 hour ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I was going to post a condescending acerbic comment, but you've been critical of that in the past and you've made attempts at reasoned debate, so can I just ask you why you think it is in Theresa May's gift to break the union? Surely it's a matter of democracy as to whether Scotland stays in within the UK or not. Surely it would be up to Nicola Sturgeon to convince us all that we'd be better off teaming up with Sinn Fein to try to secure the opportunity to stay in the EU where we can work with the likes of the French National Front, Austria's Freedom Party, Hungary's Jobbik Party and Polands Law and Justice Party to deliver a better political future for Scotland? 

And where people like you can call NHS staff lazy and only concerned with eating as much chocolate as they can.

4 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Is this the same guy who has the country in a mess then bails out when the going gets tough ?

Didn't you vote to Brexit? You won so why do you think the country is in a mess?

5 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

No you don't.

I voted Remain, and I get why it suits some people to present the result in those kind of terms, the numbers were there for all to see.  But I find the idea that somehow 'Scotland'  voted a bit disingenuous; it undoubtedly ignores the constitutional fact that the referendum was just that -  a uk-wide referendum based on the aggregated result of individual votes across the country as a whole - no constituencies or regional votes involved. Strictly speaking where the votes came from is largely irrelevant unless people are suggesting that some votes carry more weight than others? 

55 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I don't think Theresa May will seek to break the Union but I think her priority will be to appeal to the UKIP voters of England, coupled with this the rising stars of the Conservative Party seem to be the free-marketeers of Britannia Unchained and I think this combination will lead to the gap between the two countries increasing to the point that a second IndyRef will produce a majority for independence. The far right in Europe is not a homogenous movement it varies in degree between countries and except in Poland doesn't have overall control anywhere - compared with the prospect of a permaTory government if we stay in the UK I'm already convinced.

Didn't you vote to Brexit? You won so why do you think the country is in a mess?

It's not leaving Europe that is the problem. It's the politicians that are disappearing. Cameron gambled silly Billy he said he would not resign if he voted to leave. LIER . Where are all the Brexit people , none leading. Labour in our our of need. Collapsing. All this because Cameron could not control his party that is why the vote came about. I voted to leave but I expect Cameron who created the vote and brexiters to stand tall. None of them are. Make no mistake there will be another vote because the political elite are shitting themselves no matter what they are saying just now. I will vote to leave again as I don't want controlled by Germany and France.