Lottery Winner

Greenhill Road

It beggars belief that anyone would go public after winning that sort of money.

Perahaps they crave the challenge of fending off fraudsters and robbers for the rest of their lives.?

Or perhaps they are just too stupid to realise that they will now be targetted relentlessly.

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

It beggars belief that anyone would go public after winning that sort of money.

Perahaps they crave the challenge of fending off fraudsters and robbers for the rest of their lives.?

Or perhaps they are just too stupid to realise that they will now be targetted relentlessly.

Nah you don't get it Oaksoft. If you want to enjoy your new found wealth you are going to be going public one way or another and I guess the way Camelot sell it is that it's better going public through a managed press conference that they organise and manage than leaving yourself open to a potential media scrum.

To remain anonymous you would have to somehow be very discreet in the way you spend your winnings. For example it would be perfectly reasonable for a millionaire businessman to blow some money on a new Bentley, but it's a bit harder to hide your new found wealth if the person purchasing the Bentley is a shop worker who suddenly chucked her job and who has handed the keys to her council flat back to the council whilst she moves into the new luxury villas down on millionaires row. 

37 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Nah you don't get it Oaksoft. If you want to enjoy your new found wealth you are going to be going public one way or another and I guess the way Camelot sell it is that it's better going public through a managed press conference that they organise and manage than leaving yourself open to a potential media scrum.

To remain anonymous you would have to somehow be very discreet in the way you spend your winnings. For example it would be perfectly reasonable for a millionaire businessman to blow some money on a new Bentley, but it's a bit harder to hide your new found wealth if the person purchasing the Bentley is a shop worker who suddenly chucked her job and who has handed the keys to her council flat back to the council whilst she moves into the new luxury villas down on millionaires row. 

Yes I can see the dilemma. If you stay quiet and discreet perhaps 20 of your mates and family might guess you have come into money. If you go the Camelot way you immediately appear in front of millions drinking champagne. The fact that you think the two things attract the same level of publicity tells a lot about your intelligence.

Mind you we are dealing with a society where the acquisition of any sort of money at all requires an immediate major showy splurge so perhaps you have a point. Its all a bit cliched and tacky but hey if it gets these people their 15 minutes of fame then I guess that is what they will chase. 

Edited by oaksoft

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Yes I can see the dilemma. If you stay quiet and discreet perhaps 20 of your mates and family might guess you have come into money. If you go the Camelot way you immediately appear in front of millions drinking champagne. The fact that you think the two things attract the same level of publicity tells a lot about your intelligence.

Mind you we are dealing with a society where the acquisition of any sort of money at all requires an immediate major showy splurge so perhaps you have a point. Its all a bit cliched and tacky but hey if it gets these people their 15 minutes of fame then I guess that is what they will chase. 

You aren't burdened with reality are you Oaksoft? I'm being pragmatic. Even if I only let on to my two sons, my girlfriend and her two kids the likely hood of my new found lotto win being kept secret would be utterly blown in seconds. Then you've got to trust others - my lawyer, my accountant, my bank, the estate agent I buy my next house from who has to ask where the cash is coming from in his money laundering questions and so on. And all of this whilst newspapers like The Sun or the Daily Record are running adverts in their papers asking if "You know who the lotto winner is?" And when it does break you're going to be in the papers with the news being shared with 250,000 odd readers before you know it. 

Don't take my word for it. Here's what real lotto winners said 

http://uk.businessinsider.com/what-lotto-winners-go-public-2016-1

4 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

You aren't burdened with reality are you Oaksoft? I'm being pragmatic. Even if I only let on to my two sons, my girlfriend and her two kids the likely hood of my new found lotto win being kept secret would be utterly blown in seconds. Then you've got to trust others - my lawyer, my accountant, my bank, the estate agent I buy my next house from who has to ask where the cash is coming from in his money laundering questions and so on. And all of this whilst newspapers like The Sun or the Daily Record are running adverts in their papers asking if "You know who the lotto winner is?" And when it does break you're going to be in the papers with the news being shared with 250,000 odd readers before you know it. 

Don't take my word for it. Here's what real lotto winners said 

http://uk.businessinsider.com/what-lotto-winners-go-public-2016-1

I imagine it would be done the same way you manage to hide your 500k salary for glueing pipes together.

Just now, Stuart Dickson said:

Ah yes you have been drinking. This is probably the most disjointed set of posts I've ever seen you make. I'm not famous in the slightest. :rolleyes:

I dont drink alcohol. Havent done since I grew out of it years in my twenties.

Tea, coffee and smoothies. Thats it, Nothing strong passes these beautiful lips.

2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

250,000 odd readers Stuart?

Surely one or two of them must be normal?

It's not a football forum!

Yeah well I'd struggle to argue with that Brian, when weirdo Oaksoft if posting about his "beautiful lips" at 3am. Between you and me I think he's probably just seconds away from sticking a pencil up each nostril and posting "Wibble, wibble." :rolleyes: 

6 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Yeah well I'd struggle to argue with that Brian, when weirdo Oaksoft if posting about his "beautiful lips" at 3am. Between you and me I think he's probably just seconds away from sticking a pencil up each nostril and posting "Wibble, wibble." :rolleyes: 

They are beautiful lips.

Would you rather I lied?

20 hours ago, E=Mc2 said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-36835245

The gentleman is going to his work, and has bought his son a new Ford Fiesta.

Whit chance £1,000,000 for the Saints?

If you win 14 million and you go back to work, should this not preclude you from getting the money due to 

being too stupid?

I always remember a lavvy attendant from Bognor winning a couple of million in the mid 90's, she was back

at work on the monday morning, I remember thinking if she preferred scrubbing skid marks from toilet

pans then I would take the money as she was obviously too stupid to realize what she had.