Greenock Morton v St Mirren Championship 1/11/16

shull

The only FACTS indicating a positive result are that it's a derby and we don't lose derbies against this outfit (well not in this century).  Our form this season is disastrous but there are signs that Ross is getting some of his ideas across. 

Should be a pretty straight forward motivational exercise for Jack and the players are well aware of the predicament we find ourselves in.  So, time to roll up the sleeves and leave everything out on the park.

I'm not really convincing myself yet but I think we can get a draw. 

Yeah that's my opinion. We're bottom by three points, in terms of league games we've missed out on the "dead cat bounce" although to be fair I didn't expect to pick up any points against Dundee Utd. & Hibs but Morton are a class below those two teams. You've said previously that we're the worst in the division & that you expect us to lose tonight, if that's the case then why would you expect us to do any better against any of the other average Championship teams? :huh:

We're chasing a moving target and unless Ross can devise more effective tactics and we start to pick up points from games like tonight's then that only leaves us the H2H's against Dumbarton and Dunfermline to close the gap unless we can improve the quality of the squad in January (which I already mentioned). If neither occurs then yeah I'd reckon 9th is the best we can expect.

Given what you've said where do you expect us to finish if we don't have a good "transfer window"?

So your opinion is a 4 point game between ourselves and 8th becomes insurmountable if we lose tonight? Despite there being 25 games to go? That's clearly a load of nonsense to be fair.

When Alex Rae was appointed in December last year we were 10 points behind QOTS. We finished above them. And that was without a single win against any of the top 4 - the better than average teams as you call them.

15 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Can only hope there is something in it for the buddies heading to a dreech night in Greenock. Got a feeling we will all be talking about Quitongo tomorrow night.

The lad seems to have grown physically and looks like he will be a class act - but - not tonight please.

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

The lad seems to have grown physically and looks like he will be a class act - but - not tonight please.

He doesn't need to be a class act to beat our defence................

I am bloody nervous!!!

Morton aren't that great but people on here seem to forget just how bad we are........

4 points- and 3 of those were saved in last 10 mins......... correct me if I am wrong but its only Sons away and Pars away that we have taken the lead, and that resulted in a draw and a loss. Edinburgh City are doing better than we are..... As are Strathspey. Only Sunderland have had a worse start but they could still beat our points total.

Is this not the worse start in our history???

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

He doesn't need to be a class act to beat our defence................

I am bloody nervous!!!

Morton aren't that great but people on here seem to forget just how bad we are........

4 points- and 3 of those were saved in last 10 mins......... correct me if I am wrong but its only Sons away and Pars away that we have taken the lead, and that resulted in a draw and a loss. Edinburgh City are doing better than we are..... As are Strathspey. Only Sunderland have had a worse start but they could still beat our points total.

Is this not the worse start in our history???

DJ

No arguing with the facts and yes, you may be right about this being our worst ever start.

My grandson has drawn two very short straws as his English team courtesy of his other grandad is Sunderland.

Nervous - you bet - hopeful - that too!

7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

DJ

No arguing with the facts and yes, you may be right about this being our worst ever start.

My grandson has drawn two very short straws as his English team courtesy of his other grandad is Sunderland.

Nervous - you bet - hopeful - that too!

Geez mate Saints and Sunderland that's suicidal

2 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Would take a draw tonight we were lucky when we played them at home to get a point , hopefully that and getting six from the next two will kick us on .

If you could guarantee that number of points then I would bite your hand off.

3 minutes ago, TopCat said:

So your opinion is a 4 point game between ourselves and 8th becomes insurmountable if we lose tonight? Despite there being 25 (26 to be pedantic) games to go? That's clearly a load of nonsense to be fair.

When Alex Rae was appointed in December last year we were 10 points behind QOTS. We finished above them. And that was without a single win against any of the top 4 - the better than average teams as you call them.

As usual you don't answer the questions asked merely continue in the same self-contradictory manner.

We're starting from a lower point than last season when results improved immediately after AR was appointed, that hasn't happened this time round - all I'm saying is they'll have to do so again if we're to move up the table.

You've said we're the worst team in the division, that you expect us to get beaten tonight by an average Morton team, something that didn't happen last year, have offered no reason why that sort of form shouldn't continue at least until the January window and still think it's reasonable to assume we'll reach 8th position if it goes on beyond that, like I said I find that self contradictory or are you offering a guarantee that QotS will implode again?

As usual you don't answer the questions asked merely continue in the same self-contradictory manner.

We're starting from a lower point than last season when results improved immediately after AR was appointed, that hasn't happened this time round - all I'm saying is they'll have to do so again if we're to move up the table.

You've said we're the worst team in the division, that you expect us to get beaten tonight by an average Morton team, something that didn't happen last year, have offered no reason why that sort of form shouldn't continue at least until the January window and still think it's reasonable to assume we'll reach 8th position if it goes on beyond that, like I said I find that self contradictory or are you offering a guarantee that QotS will implode again?

What's self contradictory exactly. Yes, we are the worst team in the league. The table doesn't lie. Unless you are saying it is lying...?

We are starting at a lower point but that doesn't mean we can't improve by the same amount. The same amount of improvement as last season from December onwards would see us safe.

It wasn't just QOTS who 'imploded'. We closed the gap on Morton from 14 points to 1 by the last day. We overtook Dumbarton and finished well clear of them. That's just how leagues work, a decent second half of the season and we will finish 8th or higher regardless of what happens between now and January.

I think we will lose tonight but to resign ourselves to the relegation playoffs at best if we do is quite clearly ridiculous.

8 hours ago, TopCat said:

What's self contradictory exactly. Yes, we are the worst team in the league. The table doesn't lie. Unless you are saying it is lying...?

We are starting at a lower point but that doesn't mean we can't improve by the same amount. The same amount of improvement as last season from December onwards would see us safe.

It wasn't just QOTS who 'imploded'. We closed the gap on Morton from 14 points to 1 by the last day. We overtook Dumbarton and finished well clear of them. That's just how leagues work, a decent second half of the season and we will finish 8th or higher regardless of what happens between now and January.

I think we will lose tonight but to resign ourselves to the relegation playoffs at best if we do is quite clearly ridiculous.

Put your hanky back in the handbag mate we are going to win to night. 

How is that you ask /

I got a good feeling mate I really have.

Anyway have you thrown the towel in or are you getting yourself to Greenock to give the boys a much needed support. 

Put your hanky back in the handbag mate we are going to win to night. 

How is that you ask /

I got a good feeling mate I really have.

Anyway have you thrown the towel in or are you getting yourself to Greenock to give the boys a much needed support. 

You've been saying that every week all season... law of averages you will be right one day :lol:

I'll be there tonight. In hope more than expectation.

57 minutes ago, TopCat said:

That there's no sign so far that after changing managers we are improving or any guarantee that we will improve like last season, we've just lost to the two best teams in the division, if we don't manage a draw against an average Championship team tonight (unless you've changed your mind on that issue) why would you expect the worst team in league (which I've never denied) to improve between now and January?

57 minutes ago, TopCat said:

So you're relying on three of the other teams to implode again, like I've said an assumption that you can't guarantee and a "decent second half to the season" again based on what you can't guarantee. I didn't say that we'd end up in the relegation play-offs if we lose tonight, I qualified it consistently by saying it would depend on what JR could do in the January transfer window - feel free to check.

Flawed analogies, inaccuracies and optimistic assumptions - it's quite clear you're the one looking ridiculous.

Edited by Bud the Baker