Tony Fitzpatrick

Hi just new to the forum so go easy on me!

Back in June I read an article by Tony who said we can win the Premiership by 2019, what's people's thoughts on this? Is it realistic?

At the time, the anti-doping agency were busy with the olympic athletes.

They were unable to venture into football.

I don't think that statement will ever be repeated, thus reducing the need for outside agency involvement.

Got to love our Tony, he has came out with some belters over the years. And he shows no sign of slowing down.

Just the other day he tweeted praise about our young players after Sunday's win, nice touch and fair enough.

Then a Saints fan asked him in jest ' Good enough for AC Milan Tony? '.

Incase any of our younger fans didn't know, this was in reference to Tony Fitzpatrick sayingRicky Gillies could get into the AC Milan team about 20 years ago. Of course the height of Rickys career ended up being struggling to get into a shite Aberdeen team.

Anyway, in reply to the above jovial question Tony said:

' Yes definitely, in a couple of years these youngsters will be able to play at any level mark my words. '

No pressure then! Although AC Milan aren't what they were 20 years ago, I'm sure Magennis, McAllister and Mallan will take heart from Tony saying they will 'definitely' be good enough for them in a couple of years.

7 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Got to love our Tony, he has came out with some belters over the years. And he shows no sign of slowing down.

Just the other day he tweeted praise about our young players after Sunday's win, nice touch and fair enough.

Then a Saints fan asked him in jest ' Good enough for AC Milan Tony? '.

Incase any of our younger fans didn't know, this was in reference to Tony Fitzpatrick saying of Ricky Gillies that he could get in the AC Milan team about 20 years ago. Of course the height of Rickys career ended up being struggling to get into a shite Aberdeen team.

Anyway, in reply to the above jovial question Tony's reply was:

' Yes definitely, in a couple of years these youngsters will be able to play at any level mark my words. '

No pressure then! Although AC Milan aren't what they were 20 years ago, I'm sure Magennis, McAllister and Mallan will take heart from Tony saying they will 'definitely' be good enough for them in a couple of years.

Tony should be over in the jokes thread....................not what he says, just him. :rolleyes:

Tony was also ridiculed severely, incuding a sketch on Only an Excuse at the time, for suggesting that Paul Lambert was a future Scotland internationalist who would be a million pound player.

A few years later Lambert won the Champions League with Borussia Dortmund.

Shame we sold him to Motherwell for tuppence. Plus Jim Gardiner who was worth a lot less than tuppence.

31 minutes ago, div said:

Tony was also ridiculed severely, incuding a sketch on Only an Excuse at the time, for suggesting that Paul Lambert was a future Scotland internationalist who would be a million pound player.

A few years later Lambert won the Champions League with Borussia Dortmund.

Shame we sold him to Motherwell for tuppence. Plus Jim Gardiner who was worth a lot less than tuppence.

So, are you trying to say that his prediction for 2019 has any remote chance of turning out to be even close to becoming true? :lol:

If you REALLY believe that I'll take any money you care to wager, over £50, with any odds you can dream up.

Oh, and I won't be giving it to charity, I'll just keep it thanks. :rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

So, are you trying to say that his prediction for 2019 has any remote chance of turning out to be even close to becoming true? :lol:

If you REALLY believe that I'll take any money you care to wager, over £50, with any odds you can dream up.

Oh, and I won't be giving it to charity, I'll just keep it thanks. :rolleyes:

No he is pointing out that Tony a club legend, is in fact a good guy and should never be ridiculed by St Mirren fans.

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Don't be so hard on yourself. :P

Scooty is so unoriginal that he hates fellow Saints fans who are decent and contribute well to the Forum. 

Bitter, twisted and acts like a 10 year old like Tom, Ronnie, Div and a few others.