Jack Ross Must Go.

10 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

What is the irony. You don't go to games that is the bottom line.  Fair enough that's you're choice but don't come on here too lecture those who do. 

Irony is you post more pish than the whole forum put together. :lol:

As for attending games, aye, ok, your sooper, I'm not, run along. :booty

6 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Did not look at the league guys, fire away. Beat Ayr and our game in hand and it's 2 points. Achievable in my book. 

So you reckon we can win 4 games in a row (the 2 cup games and next 2 league games) and an Ayr team that got a draw at Easter Road and picked up a draw today when they were 2-0 down going into the 90th minute will lose their next 2 games? Even then we will be 2 points behind and need Ayr to lose another game while we get our 5th win in a row!

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

21 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

So you reckon we can win 4 games in a row (the 2 cup games and next 2 league games) and an Ayr team that got a draw at Easter Road and picked up a draw today when they were 2-0 down going into the 90th minute will lose their next 2 games? Even then we will be 2 points behind and need Ayr to lose another game hile we get our 5th win in a row!

Don't ask him difficult questions FFS.

Ayr have not won a league game since 22nd October - 17 weeks ago. In all that time we have made up a grand total of 2 points on them. The reason why Jack Ross should be under some pressure if things stay the way they are now is that since he has been in change almost the entire league has pulled away from us: the gap between us and Morton went from 8 points to 27; the gap between us and Dumbarton went from 2 points to 12; the gap between us and Dunfermline went from 3 points to 12 ; the gap between us and Queen of the South went from 14 points to 17; even Raith Rovers had a gap of 13 points on us and after their disastrous run they still sit 12 points ahead of us - all of which suggests to me that under Jack Ross we have been on our own disastrous run(s).   

Ayr, Dumbarton, Raith Rovers, Dunfermline and Queen of the South have either had bad starts to the season, or are part-time teams or have had horrendous bad runs which hae seen managers getting sacked and despite that St Mirren have made no positive impression on catching any of these times when calamity has struck them. Ayr may well end up staying up despite not winning a league game since October and if that scenario did unfold then I wouldn't lose much sleep if the BoD told Ross he would not be in charge next season - likewise if our winless stretch in the league continued much longer.

50 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

So you reckon we can win 4 games in a row (the 2 cup games and next 2 league games) and an Ayr team that got a draw at Easter Road and picked up a draw today when they were 2-0 down going into the 90th minute will lose their next 2 games? Even then we will be 2 points behind and need Ayr to lose another game while we get our 5th win in a row!

D'you know what? If we can't are you trying to persuade me to save my money and not go next week? We have a chance.... prefer to go with that!

2 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

D'you know what? If we can't are you trying to persuade me to save my money and not go next week? We have a chance.... prefer to go with that!

I think as many people as possible should go as I think a decent support makes a difference.

Whether it makes enough for us to win a game is another thing but we need all the help we can get.

It would be almost a miracle if we survived, and maybe it's time for people to start praying. :P

2 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I think we can win next week too, but whether we can sustain winning around half of our remaining league games and whether we can win the head to heads with Ayr and Raith Rovers remains to be seen. Ayr are still looking good to get over 30 points this season, we have 14 so far.

Just now, faraway saint said:

I think as many people as possible should go as I think a decent support makes a difference.

Whether it makes enough for us to win a game is another thing but we need all the help we can get.

It would be almost a miracle if we survived, and maybe it's time for people to start praying. :P

I am a positive person in general. If we go down I'll be here next season.... but i think we should go with the positive angle for a while because it's less depressing than... we're shite and everyone is better attitude :)

Too much is being attributed on here to a manager's potential to influence results as can be observed from Claudio Ranieri's dire experience this season at Leicester in contrast to last year's dream scenario. Sometimes things go wrong without apparent reason (from the manager's point of view) and more often than not the players' role in such circumstances is underplayed.

Ranieri has not suddenly become a bad manager - and arguably the best manager in England at present, Arsene Wenger, has had few seasons where he has not experienced a losing streak.

St Mirren were (are) in free-fall and have been for some time and even Sir Alec (sacked by St Mirren) has felt the ire of fans on many occasions and would be hard pushed to achieve the great escape for St Mirren in their present state.

Jack Ross, despite what some state on here, is highly regarded by fellow professionals in the game and should be given time to prove himself.

3 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I think we can win next week too, but whether we can sustain winning around half of our remaining league games and whether we can win the head to heads with Ayr and Raith Rovers remains to be seen. Ayr are still looking good to get over 30 points this season, we have 14 so far.

To be honest if we can't finish above Ayr then feck it! I'll cling on to the thought of that for dear life until we're fecked and then deal with reality!  I can't approach the rest of the season with the doomsday scenario otherwise what's the point?

6 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Would use the word ( hope ) a word used a lot since 1967. 

15 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Let's wait till next week before jumping the gun. You are a very balanced poster however mabe your coupon let you down or you have not had sex in the last 24 hours:) if we beat Ayr mate we have a chance.  However draw or get lose I am worrying not enough toilet rolls for me. Fingers crossed. 

How can you say he's jumping the gun when two posts back, you post "we will beat Ayr next week". The gun you're jumping is so large, North Korea probably use it to launch nuclear tests. Just wish the cnuts would nuke Somerset Park.

14 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I think anything other than a win next Saturday and even the biggest optimist in our support will be giving up the ghost on this season. 

I'd really like us to not only win but to do so comprehensively to build confidence and send a message out to the supporters that this squad of players are up for this.

Normally, I'd be baying for the managers blood if we go down and while he is by no means above criticism in my eyes, I'd strangely still be going with him to start next season. I can't quite pin why though. 

I think the side have benefitted from no league action for a couple of weeks and hopefully gets a chance to allow a few of them to settle in. 

Aye, this pretty much sums up my thoughts. I hope JR has had the players in for double training sessions, and has considered enlisting a sports psychologist to work with them.

We need to throw absolutely everything at this fight to stay up. No half measures will be acceptable. The team should come roaring out of the traps next weekend. Chase every ball, every lost cause, and press the opposition the moment they have the ball.

If we don't win next week, I fear the baw's burst. The players that Ross has brought in owe him a big performance, but, much more importantly, they owe us, the long-suffering supporters, something to cheer about.

The defence remains my biggest worry. We leak cheap goals (especially from set pieces). They need to develop a cohesion and mental toughness very quickly.

If we win next weekend, I'll be optimistic that we can still do this.

Edited by Drew

1 hour ago, renfrew said:

My worry is that most of the team on sat wont be with us next season, so will they really put everything they have on the line for us ?  I hope so but maybe the club might need to put up a £££ carrot for them to keep us up.

A couple of them have year options in their contract, and several are out of contract or have been released and should be seeking to impress or attract any potential employers.

However, I get your point.

6 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

I must admit that at half time I was drafting my rant, luckily we changed things and came good.

Luckily?

We?

Errrrr... any chance strategy played a bigger part in the change than luck?

Glad you were there to help Jack out. Goodness knows what he would have done without you!

Luckily?
We?
Errrrr... any chance strategy played a bigger part in the change than luck?
Glad you were there to help Jack out. Goodness knows what he would have done without you!

Yes, "we" as in the team we all support. Luckily as in we were f**king shite, disgraceful, asleep, not on it, during the first half and a repeat would have seen us...or St Mirren if it pleases you...out. The strategy would have been the changes I referred to.

I was in the West Stand, Jack was in the changing room. Genuinely don't have a frigging clue what you're on about, which makes at least two of us.

I posted my first negative Jack Ross comment at halftime today as we were f**king miserable. For once, this season, the fates didn't conspire against us in the second half and we had a great goal combined with some horrible tackling and a nice free kick to send us on our way.

Let's be honest though. That mob were pish and we all know it. That being said you can only beat what's in front of you and we have failed in that regard for most of the season. 7 goals in two games heading into our biggest league match in years has got to have a positive impact.

Team selection, formation and tactics will be hugely important on Saturday. Let's hope Jack gets it right.

52 minutes ago, DLBud said:

I posted my first negative Jack Ross comment at halftime today as we were f**king miserable. For once, this season, the fates didn't conspire against us in the second half and we had a great goal combined with some horrible tackling and a nice free kick to send us on our way.

Let's be honest though. That mob were pish and we all know it. That being said you can only beat what's in front of you and we have failed in that regard for most of the season. 7 goals in two games heading into our biggest league match in years has got to have a positive impact.

Team selection, formation and tactics will be hugely important on Saturday. Let's hope Jack gets it right.

your spot on...and if Jack cant see what went on today then he deserves to lose his job

had to wonder thou...he changed things at half time and boldly told us all in the after game interview that he wasnt happy and that he went "through" the team in the dressing room

but it was his choice to field that team at the start of the match

he has got to get it right from the start next Saturday 

14 minutes ago, saintargyll said:

your spot on...and if Jack cant see what went on today then he deserves to lose his job

had to wonder thou...he changed things at half time and boldly told us all in the after game interview that he wasnt happy and that he went "through" the team in the dressing room

but it was his choice to field that team at the start of the match

he has got to get it right from the start next Saturday 

So let me see if I've got this right. If we win 4-1 next week after being 1-0 down at half time the manager will be to blame for not winning by more goals? 

How many thought prior to the game we would win by such a margin despite missing a penalty?