Jack Ross Must Stay

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

I have been 'on it' for fifty years before JR turned up, and god/allah/trump willing I will still be 'on it' long after he has followed all our recent past managers climb//tumble through the leagues.

Hopefully JR will stop the tumbling and start climbing soon

:withstupid

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Can anyone, indeed someone point me to the posts from any poster that suggest there hasnt been any improvement???

i cant find em'

Lot's of snipers have been quoting the fact that improvement without points was not good enough. This could be construed as fair comment but many of us also believed that the improved performances would lead to more points. The difficulty for everyone was the timescale. It's now squeaky bum time with every game a must win but I think we are all seeing signs now that everyone's goal is achievable and JR can keep us up. We can all argue about AR's squad till we're blue in the face but the important thing is for us all to unite behind JR meantime so we can all be happy at the end of the season.

As Drew said the JR must go thread was divisive and deserves to be relegated into Oblivion. The JR MUST STAY thread is a good start to the new found enthusiasm that is growing for JR's tenure which will hopefully achieve everyone's target of not being relegated into oblivion.

So stop looking for someone to blame

Let's just do it.

31 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Lot's of snipers have been quoting the fact that improvement without points was not good enough. This could be construed as fair comment but many of us also believed that the improved performances would lead to more points. The difficulty for everyone was the timescale. It's now squeaky bum time with every game a must win but I think we are all seeing signs now that everyone's goal is achievable and JR can keep us up. We can all argue about AR's squad till we're blue in the face but the important thing is for us all to unite behind JR meantime so we can all be happy at the end of the season.

As Drew said the JR must go thread was divisive and deserves to be relegated into Oblivion. The JR MUST STAY thread is a good start to the new found enthusiasm that is growing for JR's tenure which will hopefully achieve everyone's target of not being relegated into oblivion.

So stop looking for someone to blame

Let's just do it.

There was no difficulty for me - it was the "end of the season". Trying to misrepresent what people whose opinion differs from yours just leads to you looking foolish.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

So you are anti the manager and club if you think the current manager has thus far under achieved (FYI we are still rock bottom of the league, hopefully not come 5 oclock saturday)..? Its a curious way for fellow fans to build and unite a suppor.

So in other words you will only provide support to the team when we are winning and safe from relegation and until then you are somehow "entitled" to endlessly dig at the club, manager and players?

Riiiiight.:o

6 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

There was no difficulty for me - it was the "end of the season". Trying to misrepresent what people whose opinion differs from yours just leads to you looking foolish.

Don't think there is any misrepresentation you just reiterated the "end of the season". I say gave him time, even if we go down. That's where we differ. 

1 hour ago, Drew said:

A support that is united behind the manager and team might just assist in attaining these goals. That was pretty much the point of this thread - Rodgers' comments yesterday simply gave me an excuse/prompt.

Anyway, my main aim was to relegate (aherm) the 'JR Must Go' thread to the lower regions of this board, and that has, thus far, been achieved. My plea to have it removed altogether didn't work, so this is the next best thing:)

COYS!

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I think winning games, irrespective of how we are playing, will unite the vast majority of the support.

Oh, and escaping relegation might help.

Again, so the team is only supported during the good times and not at times like this when the support is needed most.

Good to know.

I think that your pumping iron has gone to your head.

Did you have your protein shake this morning? :lol:

Just now, oaksoft said:

Again, so the team is only supported during the good times and not at times like this when the support is needed most.

Good to know.

Why didn't you "make up" you were at the game yesterday?

:lol:

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Why didn't you "make up" you were at the game yesterday?

:lol:

Because I wasn't actually at the game yesterday and I have a life fulfilling enough that I don't need to make posts behind an anonymous username trying to impress other anonymous users who with any luck I will never cross paths with in my entire life.

Was that a trick question? :blink:

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Good to know.

You've never really been to many game have you? :lol:

Looks like you learn everything about "football" from the internet, certainly not the real world. :P

There's more to the gym than pumping iron..........................and I just eat/drink healthy with no additional "shakes", except the odd vodka. :P

Just now, faraway saint said:

Looks like you learn everything about "football" from the internet, certainly not the real world. :P

There's more to the gym than pumping iron..........................and I just eat/drink healthy with no additional "shakes", except the odd vodka. :P

I saw an advert for iron pumping classes.

It had a slogan something like "Bodypump!!!! Go hard or go home".

Is that your motto FS?

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I saw an advert for iron pumping classes.

It had a slogan something like "Bodypump!!!! Go hard or go home".

Is that your motto FS?

image.jpeg

18 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Neither have you. :lol:

I'd struggle to understand the rationale behind any St.Mirren Supporter who wasn't right behind Jack Ross and his team at the moment.

Anyone who has been to any of the last half dozen games can see for themselves that there is a real bond growing between the players, the management and the supporters.

Hardly any St.Mirren supporters left that stadium yesterday until well after the final whistle, and it was all for Jack and the players.

We can't be complacent of course, we've still got a big hill to climb even if it it's not the mountain it was a couple of weeks ago.

Positive thinking required by all IMO.