Ronnie

W7 Fans & Banners

11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

That bit in bold is not worthy of either note or praise. It's the bare minimum to be expected from functioning adults.

Because of last week's coin throw and the subsequent miraculous but thankfully temporary bout of deafness, blindness and dumbness of the supporters around the perpetrator, our support will have to start getting used to being under more police scrutiny.

Absolutely on both counts but it was an enjoyable match atmosphere inside the ground Okay. Without the standard of behaviour it would not have been. 

My guess is that the police scrutiny is not going away any time soon.

It might drop a notch if the Phanthon Coin Thrower is Apprehended. 

But good behaviour home and away should be a given. 

Edited by St.Ricky

19 hours ago, oaksoft said:

That bit in bold is not worthy of either note or praise. It's the bare minimum to be expected from functioning adults.

Because of last week's coin throw and the subsequent miraculous but thankfully temporary bout of deafness, blindness and dumbness of the supporters around the perpetrator, our support will have to start getting used to being under more police scrutiny.

:lol:

I have lost track of how many times I have praised the noise and colour that the folks in and around W7 bring to the ground.  This recognition brings with it responsibilities that the people who gather there need to face up to.  I agree with Oaksoft that it is sensible to be aware of the increased attention of the police and club officials here and elsewhere following recent events.  For the sake of the reputation of all St Mirren fans we need the Phantom Coin Thrower to be identified and dealt with. Until that happens, rightly or wrongly, there will be increased suspicion surrounding our fans. It was alarming to see the numbers and disposition of the Police in Dundee,  including a number of Police from Paisley.  Before anyone suggests that I am pointing an accusing finger.. I am not.  I'm just stating the obvious and hope it's the last time I do.. Sure others feel the same. 

7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I have lost track of how many times I have praised the noise and colour that the folks in and around W7 bring to the ground.  This recognition brings with it responsibilities that the people who gather there need to face up to.  I agree with Oaksoft that it is sensible to be aware of the increased attention of the police and club officials here and elsewhere following recent events.  For the sake of the reputation of all St Mirren fans we need the Phantom Coin Thrower to be identified and dealt with. Until that happens, rightly or wrongly, there will be increased suspicion surrounding our fans. It was alarming to see the numbers and disposition of the Police in Dundee,  including a number of Police from Paisley.  Before anyone suggests that I am pointing an accusing finger.. I am not.  I'm just stating the obvious and hope it's the last time I do.. Sure others feel the same. 

Them same police have been at every one of our games this season, nowhere to be seen before this season.

Im only laughing at mr soft as he knows fine well the police door chaps and extra police happened before the coin carry on.  He is just trying to suit his own little agenda.

Nobody seems to know who flung this coin in, nobody has been banned by the club, although according to fitzy we have excellent cctv. All seems a bit weird to me.

11 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

FFS!!!.....I REALLY hope it's the last time you do! PLease no one bite!!! Tedious doesn't even start to describe him!

2 hours ago, Mr Optimistic said:

FFS!!!.....I REALLY hope it's the last time you do! PLease no one bite!!! Tedious doesn't even start to describe him!

Tedious is beginning  to apply to you.  If anyone remotely rattles your cage then you let fly.  This is not how a leader of men  behaves.  

Where is the willingness to take other views into account or recognize the genuine concerns of many fans? 

And please.... No lectures to me or any other  posters on what they should or shouldn't post. 

Perhaps I got this wrong but it seems to me that you made a big thing out of freedom of speech and banner slogans. 

However much you would like to.. You can't ask for it and criticise others for using it,  Just because you don't like what's posted in a members forum. 

2 hours ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Honestly you are worse than Ricky.

At least Ricky's posts are mainly constructive and harmless.

I can't recall the last time you managed that.

2 hours ago, mattman said:

Im only laughing at mr soft as he knows fine well the police door chaps and extra police happened before the coin carry on.

Can you control your laughter long enough to show me where I have said anything other than this?

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Tedious is beginning  to apply to you.  If anyone remotely rattles your cage then you let fly.  This is not how a leader of men  behaves.  

Where is the willingness to take other views into account or recognize the genuine concerns of many fans? 

And please.... No lectures to me or any other  posters on what they should or shouldn't post. 

Perhaps I got this wrong but it seems to me that you made a big thing out of freedom of speech and banner slogans. 

However much you would like to.. You can't ask for it and criticise others for using it,  Just because you don't like what's posted in a members forum. 

It's not I don't like your post I just do not see the need to repeat yourself over and over and over and over and over and over  and over and over again and again and again!!!!

Oh and for the record I've never posted about freedom of speech or banner slogans

14 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

It's not I don't like your post I just do not see the need to repeat yourself over and over and over and over and over and over  and over and over again and again and again!!!!

Oh and for the record I've never posted about freedom of speech or banner slogans

For the record people from w7 have repeatedly argued that free speech was suffienct to make a case for Morton, Ibrox and Simple Digital Banners. 

On repetition in my post on this topic and police presence I have no intention of stopping until the culprit is dealt with. 

So.. If you want this dealt with quickly then contact Tony and help him review the CCTV images together with others from W7.

Your young sharp eyes might manage to identify the culprit and remove suspicions on the usual W7 supporters. 

Nothing worrying or difficult there.  A chance to show how public minded you and your group are. 

Will save the need for police to corral up to 200fans have have them put through body searches in Dundee. 

Flares were let off in neighbouring streets. 

Edited by St.Ricky

9 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

For the record people from w7 have repeatedly argued that free speech was suffienct to make a case for Morton, Ibrox and Simple Digital Banners. 

On repetition in my post on this topic and police presence I have no intention of stopping until the culprit is dealt with. 

So.. If you want this dealt with quickly then contact Tony and help him review the CCTV images together with others from W7.

Your young sharp eyes might manage to identify the culprit and remove suspicions on the usual W7 supporters. 

Nothing worrying or difficult there.  A chance to show how public minded you and your group are. 

Will save the need for police to corral up to 200fans have have them put through body searches. 

Flares were let off in neighbouring streets. 

For the record I have NEVER said I sit in W7 and do not.

If W7 annoy you so much and you think they are damaging the club why do you not sit there a week on Saturday and alert stewards and police when you see behaviour you think bring the club into disrepute?

Edited by Mr Optimistic

24 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

For the record I have NEVER said I sit in W7 and do not.

If W7 annoy you so much and you think they are damaging the club why do you not sit there a week on Saturday and alert stewards and police when you see behaviour you think bring the club into disrepute?

Amazing to see how much you misunderstand my posts.

I did not say you sat there.

W7 DO Not Annoy Me! GOT THAT I HOPE.   I LOVE the colour and noise they bring.

As for freedom to post on items I feel are important then I will continue to do just that without fear or favour.

Edited by St.Ricky

1 minute ago, Doakes said:

Heard a wee rumour that St Ricky threw the coin, in a bid to increase his black and white army post count :ph34r:

An old one. Already used on the thread. I couldn't throw my voice these days. More deflection and you know better whilst the jury is still out on Mr Optimistic.  Post count be dammed. This thing deserves to be followed up until resolved. I don't like seeing a couple of hundred Saints Fans corralled by a number of Police whilst flares were let off in nearby streets. Not the kind of away match experience most fans are looking for!

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

An old one. Already used on the thread. I couldn't throw my voice these days. More deflection and you know better whilst the jury is still out on Mr Optimistic.  Post count be dammed. This thing deserves to be followed up until resolved. I don't like seeing a couple of hundred Saints Fans corralled by a number of Police whilst flares were let off in nearby streets. Not the kind of away match experience most fans are looking for!

I’ve got zero problem if the police want to waste their time searching me. Unless they want my coins, need them to buy a macaroni pie

Just now, Doakes said:

I’ve got zero problem if the police want to waste their time searching me. Unless they want my coins, need them to buy a macaroni pie

I have problems with the cost and police time spent unesscesseraly on this and with the disruption it causes for other fans going to the game. Wouldn't like to see you miss out in your Macaroni pie.

23 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I have problems with the cost and police time spent unesscesseraly on this and with the disruption it causes for other fans going to the game. Wouldn't like to see you miss out in your Macaroni pie.

Unnecessarily. You are correct

9 hours ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Still defensive I see. Still refuting accusations that were never made about you personally.   Put me on ignore and save your blood pressure from rising.

7 hours ago, Doakes said:

Unnecessarily. You are correct

In the event yes. Sad to see flares go off in the streets around Dens. Body searches before entering grounds were, Im guessing, intelligence led. Intelligence can be wrong.

Certainly hope that flares don't make an appearance in any of the home stands at any of our games in Paisley. Self policing is always the best, cheapest and least intrusive.  

The comment was made that there looked like some unfamiliar faces amongst the fans being searched. 

The good thing was that, when inside, all of the away fans joined in and made a din supporting the team.