Come on Morton

Just now, Soctty said:

Jack has spoken a couple of times in recent weeks about trying to get another attacking player in. I happen to agree with him. I doubt any player will be reading forums, and if they were, they'd have to be pretty thin skinned to take offence.

I'd be surprised if we didn't make another attempt to bring in that other attacking player this week.

As said earlier in the squad, we should always be looking to bring in quality players, always improving the squad. Can't afford to rest on our laurels.

Dont you think there will be better quality available in the summer window when contracts run out?

1 hour ago, pod said:

Think it could be more to it than that.  Wee fall outs in the dressing possibly.  

I've been saying pretty much that since we beat them in Paisley at the turn of the year.  Even prior to that, I had the feeling that they had peaked.

They were bickering among themselves throughout that game, and clearly only like it when they're winning. In contrast, we seem to have a tremendous team sprit, and no-one takes the huff or goes missing (even after receiving a bit of a bollocking from our Captain Fantastic).  The Saints players heads don't go down when faced with a set-back. That is a huge plus, and to their (and the coaches) credit.

Having a cohesive squad seems to be a huge factor in terms of the likelihood of success. United simply don't seem to have that. We most certainly do:)

9 minutes ago, saintargyll said:

Dont you think there will be better quality available in the summer window when contracts run out?

There might be better quality available now whose contracts run out in the summer. Rather get the right player in now if possible and possibly face less competition than in the summer.

The key thing is a player being available - if they're available now, why wait til the summer?

1 hour ago, saintargyll said:

11 points clear at the top of the league ,13 games to go and 3 of the next 4 at home ( 43 goals scored so far this season)

I just dont see the need for a striker in this window

If i were Gavin Reilly or Cammy Smith reading through this and other threads I'd be saying "What the f**k do i need to do to please these fans"?

Nothing to do with fans.  I think Jack is looking for a big presence up front to make Gavin and Cammy's job easier.  Think he's still hunting.  

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

I've been saying pretty much that since we beat them in Paisley at the turn of the year.  Even prior to that, I had the feeling that they had peaked.

They were bickering among themselves throughout that game, and clearly only like it when they're winning. In contrast, we seem to have a tremendous team sprit, and no-one takes the huff or goes missing (even after receiving a bit of a bollocking from our Captain Fantastic).  The Saints players heads don't go down when faced with a set-back. That is a huge plus, and to their (and the coaches) credit.

Having a cohesive squad seems to be a huge factor in terms of the likelihood of success. United simply don't seem to have that. We most certainly do:)

We have a tremendous team spirit. We showed it with many of this team rescuing us from relegation last season, and those who have come in have shown a similar attitude, which is testament to Jack and James getting players with the right character.

Said to my mate on Friday night when Dunfermline equalised that I had faith in this team having the balls to still go on and win, which we have done often this season.

4 minutes ago, Drew said:

They seem to be the least United.

5 hours ago, Drew said:

We must have a few suspensions kicking in soon. In that context alone, a bit more cover would be useful.

The squad have had relatively few yellow cards this season. I had a check of the SPFL rules and a player has to accrue 6 yellow cards in the same competition to result in a 1 match ban.

McGinn is closest with 4 followed by McShane, Cammy Smith and Samson(!) on 3.

Edited by Eric Arthur Blair

16 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

The squad have had relatively few yellow cards this season. I had a check of the SPFL rules and a player has to accrue 6 yellow cards in the same competition to result in a 1 match ban.

Thanks for this..

I haven't looked up the opposition but I do look at who got booked or sent off among the others in the league each week.. I think many of our competitors will have more to worry about this issue than us. Teams like Livingston, Dunfermline I think would be worse than us.. and I cannot see Utd being much better than us either..  (I think earlier in the season we had a number of sending offs - but recently our discipline has been much better)

Either McGinn and McShane could in theory be replaced centrally by Magennis or Hill and or Flynn and maybe before too long Todd hopefully

Cammy could be replaced by Mullen and our new striker if we sign one....

Sammy can hopefully avoid 3 more bookings in 13 games ???  OR Stewart gets a game...

Not sure if you would find out who Utd, Liv and Dunfermline's most likely players to face a 1 match ban are? 

7 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Not sure if you would find out who Utd, Liv and Dunfermline's most likely players to face a 1 match ban are? 

I found this

http://www.soccervista.com/cards-Championship-2017_2018-850218.html

Although it says Mullen is on 7 yellows, all of those came playing for Livingston and he has already served his 1 match ban.

4 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

I found this

http://www.soccervista.com/cards-Championship-2017_2018-850218.html

Although it says Mullen is on 7 yellows, all of those came playing for Livingston and he has already served his 1 match ban.

Even better - THANKS.   So    :-

Dunfermline -    Ryan Williamson   on 5    :    Jason Talbot   on 4   :  Dean Shiels    on 3   :    Mvoto    on 3

Utd   -                   Scott MacDonald   on 4   :    Briels       on 4           : Quinn           on 3     :     Stanton  on 3     and Robson     on 3 

Both teams under more risk than us ..

1 hour ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Cheers, that's quite reassuring.