Worst Result In Our History

Its a great thread:death

Here we are in July and we have members discussing the worse results in our history. You couldn't make it up.

We have just been promoted as champions, have not even unfurled the flag and we get negative old fuds talking and spouting pish... why- because they clearly have nothing better to do in their sad lonely lives..... Short memories of where we were 18 months ago- actually memories requires a brain !!

Its funny, when I watch games I am not aware I am surrounded by total tossers, just nice fellow supporters, the odd swear word, but in the main supporters who support the team and the players.

But hey come on here, and you get ridiculed, called a happy clapper, and endure the most negative rubbish that you wouldn't even find on a Ton website if they could afford one

It was a very poor first 45, and its July....  It was the first game for quite a few players, and their first at Home, it was a lovely sunny evening, the pitch looks awesome, and 1400 Saints fans turned out in support against a wee non league team...... Coulson looks a total player...............

Div- Just a suggestion- Free speech is imperative always - However could crap like this come with a kind of warning like- " Negative thread -  Be aware"

Edited by DougJamie

It can’t be our worst result as we didn’t lose.

It’s not even close to our worst performance as we had about 30 shots at goal. There may have been entire seasons in the 90’s where we didn’t have 30 shots at goal.

Some of you need to take a breath and wait to see where are in a few weeks when all the recruitment is done.

The timing of this tournament coupled with Jack’s departure see us a bit behind where we’d like to be. Let’s just see how it plays out.

Its a great thread:death

Here we are in July and we have members discussing the worse results in our history. You couldn't make it up.
We have just been promoted as champions, have not even unfurled the flag and we get negative old fuds talking and spouting pish... why- because they clearly have nothing better to do in their sad lonely lives..... Short memories of where we were 18 months ago- actually memories requires a brain !!
Its funny, when I watch games I am not aware I am surrounded by total tossers, just nice fellow supporters, the odd swear word, but in the main supporters who support the team and the players.
But hey come on here, and you get ridiculed, called a happy clapper, and endure the most negative rubbish that you wouldn't even find on a Ton website if they could afford one
It was a very poor first 45, and its July....  It was the first game for quite a few players, and their first at Home, it was a lovely sunny evening, the pitch looks awesome, and 1400 Saints fans turned out in support against a wee non league team...... Coulson looks a total player...............

Div- Just a suggestion- Free speech is imperative always - However could crap like this come with a kind of warning like- " Negative thread -  Be aware"

Don’t reply on the topic if it bothers you that much. You have made more posts on this than anyone. You must be in work again your posting.

You can’t go long without mentioning Morton. [emoji85]

35 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

Don’t reply on the topic if it bothers you that much. You have made more posts on this than anyone. You must be in work again your posting.

You can’t go long without mentioning Morton. emoji85.png

Think you need to stop having a hard on for my replies, Morton and my work status  and look and read the other replies . Its magic I can respond on this stupid thread, wait a few minutes and there you are again being a total twat..... This thread beats Sack Ross thread from 18 months ago, so congrats on having the most negative post made on here....   

Edited by DougJamie

14 minutes ago, AberDeenSaint said:

My only worry from last night wasn't necessarily the poor result or pedestrian performance. What if Stephen Mcginn gets injured? Looks the only player that can inspire anything from this group of lads and we've no one that can replace him? Worrying

I've stated elsewhere that another signing in the "Stephen McGinn" mould is essential. Other than McGinn, we don't have a midfielder who can take the game by the scruff of the neck and orchestrate proceedings.

Think you need to stop having a hard on for my replies, Morton and my work status  and look and read the other replies . Its magic I can respond on this stupid thread, wait a few minutes and there you are again being a total twat..... This thread beats Sack Ross thread from 18 months ago, so congrats on having the most negative post made on here....   

Who has a hard on for who’s posts. Done a bit of digging. I can do that. See you soon DJ we can have a chat over it

16 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Did u seriously count that

Now that is the worst result ever :D

Yous guys were the  only thing of interest on a otherwise boring subject.    Us pandas have a lot of patience. That's why we're a dying breed. 

Edited by pod

On 7/18/2018 at 12:51 PM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

What about the Killie game ?  Were these English players not good enough ? 

It's too early to say is the boring answer. Why do you think the Killie game can legitimately count as evidence they are great signings by a great manager while arguing the following competitive game should not be considered as evidence? Plenty of people posted after the Killie game they were pleasantly surprised by the result and performance and they way McPherson, Kirkpartick played when most assumed they wouldn't be in the first team picture this season and by Coulson's performance and Stubbs' tactics. Why is it OK to post those comments after 1 league cup game but knickerwetting to post after The Spartans game that the team selection, performance, tactics were disappointing?

3 minutes ago, billyg said:

That's a gimme ..................................

First season back in the big time, there are bound to be downs, even if we perform better than many expect. I just want the season to start and have all these non-event semi-friendlies over and done with.

10 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

It's too early to say is the boring answer. Why do you think the Killie game can legitimately count as evidence they are great signings by a great manager while arguing the following competitive game should not be considered as evidence? Plenty of people posted after the Killie game they were pleasantly surprised by the result and performance and they way McPherson, Kirkpartick played when most assumed they wouldn't be in the first team picture this season and by Coulson's performance and Stubbs' tactics. Why is it OK to post those comments after 1 league cup game but knickerwetting to post after The Spartans game that the team selection, performance, tactics were disappointing?

Unless I've missed it nobody's denying that the Spartans game etc was disappointing - Worst Result In Saints History is different, although it's up there, and those that attended :notworthy can wear it as a Badge of Pride in years to come.

24 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I'm not saying they are great signings I'm on record saying I will wait till the first quarter is over to pass over all judgment. Mean time I was very encouraged what I seen in the Killie game. So there is something not bad within the squad. Roll on Tuesday night 6 changes were made more than half the team. Stubbs has to take some of the blame which he openly did in his interview. Changes were made at half time which improved things. We had 35 on target to their 5 on another day I'm sure 10 would have went in. Is it great ? NO it is not however it's our second competitive game both 4 days apart. At this time it is trial and error not about putting certain players on the washing line to dry. A new squad is being built my personal view is it will come good. 

12 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I'm not saying they are great signings I'm on record saying I will wait till the first quarter is over to pass over all judgment. Mean time I was very encouraged what I seen in the Killie game. So there is something not bad within the squad. Roll on Tuesday night 6 changes were made more than half the team. Stubbs has to take some of the blame which he openly did in his interview. Changes were made at half time which improved things. We had 35 on target to their 5 on another day I'm sure 10 would have went in. Is it great ? NO it is not however it's our second competitive game both 4 days apart. At this time it is trial and error not about putting certain players on the washing line to dry. A new squad is being built my personal view is it will come good. 

Wow, I must have fallen asleep ------------- we also hit the bar and the underside of the bar- :lol:

14 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Wow, I must have fallen asleep ------------- we also hit the bar and the underside of the bar- :lol:

I was lucky work ment I was not there same with this Saturday. In fact our first league game will be my first by which time all the knickerweeting will almost be over with just a few usual posters still wearing pamperes. 

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I was lucky work ment I was not there same with this Saturday. In fact our first league game will be my first by which time all the knickerweeting will almost be over with just a few usual posters still wearing pamperes. 

Now that is a BIG game- I am sure we will have a couple new players in by then. I must be the only supporter that actually enjoyed the game as a whole. Second half was like watching PSG v Celtic except we don't have Cavani, Mbabe or Neymar :D