Sign in to follow this  
East Lothian Saint

Goody's Report card - Must Try Harder.

9 minutes ago, smcc said:

As far as I am aware there is no regulation that a manager must sit in the dugout. In fact many successful managers sit in the stand for the earlier part of the game, at least partly because they can get a better view of the game from higher up. I remember Jim Clunie, one of our more successful managers, sitting in the directors box at Love Street.

I remember Jim Clunie. As I recall it, he was sacked because his bad language upset the chairman's wife (so the story went). Perhaps he should have stuck to the dugout. 

6 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I remember Jim Clunie. As I recall it, he was sacked because his bad language upset the chairman's wife (so the story went). Perhaps he should have stuck to the dugout. 

Are you not thinking of the rumour attached to Fergie's sacking? 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/big-jim-couldnt-believe-being-2534357

35 minutes ago, munoz said:

Jim Goodwin was returning from the play area at the top of this picture hence his late arrival. You cant really blame him , that shute looks a cracker.

_107957978_19150254.jpg

Thanks for that. It's the obvious explanation when you think of it. 

6 minutes ago, munoz said:

Are you not thinking of the rumour attached to Fergie's sacking? 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/big-jim-couldnt-believe-being-2534357

Munoz... Anything is possible, but no.. The story concerned big Jim. He had us playing well as did his successor Ricky M. 

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Munoz... Anything is possible, but no.. The story concerned big Jim. He had us playing well as did his successor Ricky M. 

Well, it not mentioned in that article. 

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Look at the article you posted the link for. It is mentioned in there. Not sure if there was a link to it. 

Christopher Brookmyre mentions it in the link I posted.  Apologies. 

Jim Clunie was at Paisley International Airport heading either to an away game in Europe or off to spy on Euro opposition.He was contacted by Radio Clyde and did an interview by phone and managed to drop in the "F" word a few times.Maggie Faulds contacted her Hubby and JC was sacked.

13 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Work. 

Your sales pitch was about how you can show us all how to get to 30,000 followers. Nothing about work. Just get the numbers.

You cannot service 30,000 contacts anyway.

Just now, oaksoft said:

Your sales pitch was about how you can show us all how to get to 30,000 followers. Nothing about work. Just get the numbers.

You cannot service 30,000 contacts anyway.

Yawn.  Old discussion Oaksoft. 

13 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Its attention to detail that gets results.

Agreed. So was Jim "nowhere to be seen" at the kick off or "15 feet away"?

Why feel the need to bullshit over something?

4 hours ago, jaybee said:

Ricky:  A moot point perhaps but if he was 15 yards from the dug out, unless ELS had his eyes shut he is clearly lying, spinning things to suit his agenda and why would anyone follow the example of a liar or anyone who suggests that it is good practice do so .

You guys are the blind ones. What part of Goodwin was no where to be seen in the dug out is untrue.  Goodwin was late and as others have quoted interfered with and delayed the start of the game as a result. 

Whether managers can manage from the stand, 15 yards away or outer space is irrelevant. The point is the game started before he was ready.

I don't see him behind closed doors I only see him when I pay to See St Mirren.

I just thought he'd be more organised. Well I hoped he would.

Edited by East Lothian Saint
pressed submit too early

3 hours ago, HSS said:

Jim Clunie was at Paisley International Airport heading either to an away game in Europe or off to spy on Euro opposition.He was contacted by Radio Clyde and did an interview by phone and managed to drop in the "F" word a few times.Maggie Faulds contacted her Hubby and JC was sacked.

A few times. They had to bleep every second word. :lol:   What a shocking excuse to sack the manager and Maggie was never allowed to forget it.