Jump to content

Goody's Report card - Must Try Harder.


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Maybe its your brain mate. Maybe it's mine.

As the game was about to kick off he was somewhere behind the goal area. The dugout is at the halfway line. Some people say the ref delayed the start of the game to let him cut across the pitch at the corner flag. I'm sure he was still on the pitch when the whistle blew.  He wasn't just standing 15 yards from the dug out waiting for the game to start. He was sprinting around the goal to try and get there for the start of the match. It looked awful. I was in the EK rugby club after the game and a few of the club officials and their fans also mentioned it. They just said it as they saw it. Disrespect.

A  few of our fans obviously take a different perspective and Goody can do no wrong.  In their minds anyone who says otherwise is wrong..

I get that and I appreciate we all need him to do well. We all want him to do well. I as much as anyone else but I'm not blinkered. He's not perfect.  YET!

Its maybe only a little thing but not beating non league and lower division teams is a big issue and everyone needs to up their game including Goody.  Our squad, as it is, will struggle against Hibs, Rangers and Aberdeen in the next few weeks but surely, East Kilbride and Dunfermilne isn't too much to ask. Rosario and Edinburgh City weren't really convincing results either.

He's new in the job. He has no experience of managing a full time professional Team. The team attitude will be set by the manager. It needs to improve.

Hopefully he'll do better in future.

 

This isn't about Goody doing no wrong.

This is about you deliberately sexing up what really happened by using a phrase like "nowhere to be seen".

Criticism is one thing. Blatantly making up shit is quite another. You've been caught out. Simply hold your hand up and move on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


The club can't make players sign for us.
Goodwin will have new players, of his choosing, playing for us. Unfortunately it won't be within a time frame that is ideal for the team and fans.
It's a shite situation to be in, but it's self inflicted and we get on with it.
 

It’s the St Mirren way
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On Saturday yes Goodwin cut across the park just at KO however he was speaking to what looked like club staff (can't be sure who's) at the other side of the park for 30 seconds or so first so he was out in time. I genuinely don't think he realised the dug outs were not at the side the teams appeared from. Nothing in the slightest disrespectful, embarrassing or even noteworthy about it in my eyes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He probably had the shits or something.

Presuming this is true, then well done Goody. He held it in for the whole first half, must have gone toilet again at half time, then after the second 45 mins he had to keep clenching his buttocks to stop the explosion because of the penalty shootout.

It happens. Jose Quitongo anyone?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2019 at 12:45 PM, East Lothian Saint said:

Ok. The facts are once again we have changed managers mid preseason and we are playing catch up. We have a threadbare squad and only one class player Hladky. A few others like Paul McGinn or Ryan Flynn could maybe land a squad role at Ross County or Hamilton and Kyle Magennis is a prospect but seriously the rest of the squad wouldn’t attract any interest from other Premier league Clubs. There are no immediate signings on the horizon and our record so far this season has been uninspiring. Have I missed anything?

 

I missed the Dunfermline game, but I’ve been to the rest including Gus’s managerial return against Rosario. All the lower league opposition we have played have looked more physical, taller (except Rosario who had a goalie with a beer belly and was struggling to hit 5’ 6”), more organised and hungrier than us. I know its preseason but as a PROFESSIONAL football team I expected more from our team. I appreciate the personnel difficulties but seriously we haven’t been playing Barcelona, Real Madrid or even fecking Hamilton. A PROFESSIONAL premier league club should be drilled, disciplined and able to breakdown lower league, non league and pub teams. We’re in the PREMIER league because we’re a full-time professional club even if we are a bit short stretched personnel wise and the ticketing system on our web site is rank rotten.

 

We have an inexperienced manager in place who is a club legend. Goody’s at the wheel but he’d better learn to DRIVE real soon because if what we have seen so far is anything to go by, we’re in trouble.

 

Forget the players, the weak squad and the perceived lack of support from on high. At East Kilbride it was obvious the blame for the players Lack Lustre performances lies at Goody's door. WHY???????

 

Anyone at the game would have seen that when the game kicked off Goody was no where to be seen. He wasn’t in the dug out and the players had no leader backing them up when they kicked off.

 

Just after kick off we had 11 players and a manager on the park as Goody Sprinted round the park and cut across the field at the corner flag to get to the dug out because he’d missed the start of the game.

 

OK maybe he had a sudden urge for a toilet break which would be acceptable but failing that where is the PROFFESSIONALISM and leadership. “The manager can’t be arsed being in the dugout. We don’t really need to put in the effort” was a message which probably psychologically reverberated through the team. It was completely disrespectful to East Kilbride who possibly got a different psychological message. “Jumped up twat doesn’t even bother coming out for the start. Think we’re an easy touch. We’ll show you” and Guess what they did.

 

I didn’t see it but Bairdy apparently upset a few fans. His UNPROFESSIONALISM suggests he’s not got control of that that impetuous side of his nature that cost us a few penalties last season. I love Bairdy but don’t diss the fans mate. Goody needs to get these players acting PROFESSIONALLY and to do that he needs to take a good look at himself.

 

Would Jack Ross or Oran Kearney be so laid back they’d miss the start of a game? Feck it Alan Stubbs didn’t even do that.

 

Goody being at the wheel means you’re the Driver. So, no more lack lustre managerial displays. Get yourself acting like a leader and give the fans the effort we deserve.

 

Good luck in your new job mate. I hope you succeed. We all do.

Goodwin has more managerial experience than Jack Ross had before becoming St Mirren manager (although Ross had been an assistant at Alloa and run Heartsacademy set up for short periods as well).

Other than that I think you are over-reacting. I don't think a lot of the Championship winning team can carry a struggling team but most of them are fine in a bottom 6 premiership side so long as there is (as Goodwin wants) 4-5 better quality and experienced players who can carry the team and help the others raise their game again.

I'd be tempted to give Flynn the captaincy based on the 2nd half of last season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am amazed that a comment giving constructive feedback has caused such a strong reaction. I guess this might show the strength of support for JG. I support his appointment and believe that, like a true professional, he will take on board and continue to develop himself and in the process the team and club. COYS. COJG. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

This isn't about Goody doing no wrong.

This is about you deliberately sexing up what really happened by using a phrase like "nowhere to be seen".

Criticism is one thing. Blatantly making up shit is quite another. You've been caught out. Simply hold your hand up and move on.

I thought you were Dr Oaky a real clever guy. Like most critics you pick up irrelevant facts to cloud the issue (which is professionalism) and you have a few like minded souls to jump on the band  wagon. You don't get the point though. I can't quite get why, but maybe I'm just not as clever as you.

For the rest of you who think i'm over reacting. Fair do's, it's my opinion. It's not lies. It's based on observation, experience and what I think gets the job done. If You don't see it, Don't. Blind faith is a powerful tool. sometimes it even works.

If you guys are happy, Happy days. After all it is your team too.

See you all tomorrow night. If you can be arsed. 

I'll try and get there for the kick off. Hopefully Goody will Too. His appearance will be more important than mine, I'm sure.

And for those of you comparing Jack Ross to Jim Goodwin. I never saw Jack arrive late. Never saw Stubbs do that either,  Can't remember any manager sprinting to the dug out trying to make kick off. Admittedly I didn't make the start of every game Dunfermilne 3-0 defeat being a classic example but I've seen enough live games and managers to know what it takes to succeed.

I stand by "No where to be seen" . Of course he was visible. He was visibly late. Which is the point I was making.  Not sure what your getting at Oaky (intelligent guy like you doesn't do figurative language)   it's not shit, It's a Blatant Fact, Figuratively speaking  he was late for work.

Till tomorrow folks

Say hello, if you're there.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

On Saturday yes Goodwin cut across the park just at KO however he was speaking to what looked like club staff (can't be sure who's) at the other side of the park for 30 seconds or so first so he was out in time. I genuinely don't think he realised the dug outs were not at the side the teams appeared from. Nothing in the slightest disrespectful, embarrassing or even noteworthy about it in my eyes.

Not as far as St Mirren fans were concerned. After all he is our manager and we adore him.

How did it look to the our players, The East Kilbride fans and their team,

Which is my point. Strangely enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The bottom line is Goodwin needs the tools to do the job he is no miracle worker. The first league game is fast approaching players are badly needed in so Goodwin can work tactics. Did I read we have been through 90 players since Gordon took over. Where is Captain Sensible when you need him.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, jaybee said:

And hopefully he will have supporters who won't pick up on any and every little inconsistency!  Yes!

Fecks sake. we're not allowed to give constructive criticism

Some inconsistencies are good  but I don't think this one was positive.

It doesn't mean I don't support the manager. It just means I hope he sets a better example in the future. Maybe you don't think leading by example is important. As it happens I do. You accuse me of Lying. Now you want to gag me too. What the feck. did I do to upset you.

Gag the supporters. Great Idea.

I think a lot of Chairman at various clubs and Football organisations right across the world would love that idea.

 Sebb Blatter and  Michael Platini would have supported you.

Charles Chuck Blazer might have posed a problem though.

Liar was a bit Strong Jaybee.

That wasn't nice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The bottom line is Goodwin needs the tools to do the job he is no miracle worker. The first league game is fast approaching players are badly needed in so Goodwin can work tactics. Did I read we have been through 90 players since Gordon took over. Where is Captain Sensible when you need him.  

He's talking happy, happy, happy talk.

Not much of that on here

Edited by East Lothian Saint
you got to have a dream
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Fecks sake. we're not allowed to give constructive criticism

Some inconsistencies are good  but I don't think this one was positive.

It doesn't mean I don't support the manager. It just means I hope he sets a better example in the future. Maybe you don't think leading by example is important. As it happens I do. You accuse me of Lying. Now you want to gag me too. What the feck. did I do to upset you.

Gag the supporters. Great Idea.

I think a lot of Chairman at various clubs and Football organisations right across the world would love that idea.

 Sebb Blatter and  Michael Platini would have supported you.

Charles Chuck Blazer might have posed a problem though.

Liar was a bit Strong Jaybee.

That wasn't nice.

Sorry it was not  intended as a personal slur, however not nice or not, some might call it a bit strong; but I don't, like it or not you lied, end off.

You clearly were playing for effect, high faluting, how dare he not be there, who dos he think he is?

I do get your point but you cocked it up with a blatent lie, untruth, falsehood, porky etc etc 😎

Other than that you have a valid point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Sorry it was not  intended as a personal slur, however not nice or not, some might call it a bit strong; but I don't, like it or not you lied, end off.

You clearly were playing for effect, high faluting, how dare he not be there, who dos he think he is?

I do get your point but you cocked it up with a blatent lie, untruth, falsehood, porky etc etc 😎

Other than that you have a valid point.

Were you there? At least three other posters confirm Goody was a late arrival and no where to be seen in the dug Out. He was late for work.

What did you see?

Glad you got the valid point. Even if you are more concerned with shooting the messenger.

No falsehoods. Just confirmed facts. Even if you can't see it.

It's highfalutin by the way and my language isn't as flowery as yours.  

 

Edited by East Lothian Saint
being nice
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Goody must have been given assurances. I going with my gut here and saying we are doing all we can to get quality players. Sorry to some on here for being positive and remembering again how far my beloved Saints have come since Jan 2017..... bumpy but going in the right direction

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

I thought you were Dr Oaky a real clever guy. Like most critics you pick up irrelevant facts to cloud the issue (which is professionalism) and you have a few like minded souls to jump on the band  wagon. You don't get the point though. I can't quite get why, but maybe I'm just not as clever as you.

For the rest of you who think i'm over reacting. Fair do's, it's my opinion. It's not lies. It's based on observation, experience and what I think gets the job done. If You don't see it, Don't. Blind faith is a powerful tool. sometimes it even works.

If you guys are happy, Happy days. After all it is your team too.

See you all tomorrow night. If you can be arsed. 

I'll try and get there for the kick off. Hopefully Goody will Too. His appearance will be more important than mine, I'm sure.

And for those of you comparing Jack Ross to Jim Goodwin. I never saw Jack arrive late. Never saw Stubbs do that either,  Can't remember any manager sprinting to the dug out trying to make kick off. Admittedly I didn't make the start of every game Dunfermilne 3-0 defeat being a classic example but I've seen enough live games and managers to know what it takes to succeed.

I stand by "No where to be seen" . Of course he was visible. He was visibly late. Which is the point I was making.  Not sure what your getting at Oaky (intelligent guy like you doesn't do figurative language)   it's not shit, It's a Blatant Fact, Figuratively speaking  he was late for work.

Till tomorrow folks

Say hello, if you're there.

 

This has nothing to do with my doctorate or my intelligence and everything to do with you being caught out sexing up a fairly benign incident. Don't make this about me. This is all on you and your inability to just f**king admit you ballsed up. :lol

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

This has nothing to do with my doctorate or my intelligence and everything to do with you being caught out sexing up a fairly benign incident. Don't make this about me. This is all on you and your inability to just f**king admit you ballsed up. :lol

 

Don't flatter yourself. Its not about you and why do you keep mentioning your intelligence?

All your doing is dumbing down a question about the manager's professionalism.

What's you're doctorate in, Trolling???????

Edited by East Lothian Saint
The truth is out there
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Don't flatter yourself. Its not about you and why do you keep mentioning your intelligence.

What's your doctorate in, Trolling???????

Yeah I wonder why? Hmmmm.

2 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

I thought you were Dr Oaky a real clever guy. ... maybe I'm just not as clever as you.

Not sure what your getting at Oaky (intelligent guy like you doesn't do figurative language)

You are at it my friend and I'm not biting.

We already have enough genuine idiots in IOBS and DougJamie. We don't need you joining them.

Edited by oaksoft
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Yeah I wonder why? Hmmmm.

You are at it my friend and I'm not biting.

We already have enough genuine idiots in IOBS and DougJamie. We don't need you joining them.

OK, Don't bite and don't dumb down the argument. 

What do you think of Goody's performance so far?

My hypothesis is, its been benign. (To quote you. As in unharmful to the opposition-figuratively speaking of course.)

I personally don't think its been good enough. He doesn't have much to work with admittedly but he hasn't really been up against much either.

Discuss! 

Edited by East Lothian Saint
debate
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Yeah I wonder why? Hmmmm.

You are at it my friend and I'm not biting.

We already have enough genuine idiots in IOBS and DougJamie. We don't need you joining them.

There was a time when BAWA was about debate a time when the forum flourished. The list of names who have left the forum is as long as Gus's list of players. Even the web master rarely makes a post these day's. a nicer guy you could not meet. There are still some decent contributors around East Lothian  Saint being one. The intelligent one rarely starts his own topics preferring to be the forums judgemental one looking down on others while bumming up his own ego. This a guy teaching students can you imagine. Hearing East Kilbride fans and officals saying the St Mirren manager was being disrespectful should be enough too forum members and hopefully to Jim Goodwin also. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

There was a time when BAWA was about debate a time when the forum flourished. The list of names who have left the forum is as long as Gus's list of players. Even the web master rarely makes a post these day's. a nicer guy you could not meet. There are still some decent contributors around you being one. The intelligent one rarely starts his own topics preferring to be the forums judgemental one looking down on others while bumming up his own ego. This a guy teaching students can you imagine. Hearing East Kilbride fans and officals saying the St Mirren manager was being disrespectful should be enough too forum members and hopefully to Jim Goodwin also. 

There's a long list of names that have joined the forum also.

People leave for lots of reasons.

There's also lots of other platforms for people to use to find out about anything St Mirren.

Trying to "blame" people who still use the forum is very subjective. 

Back on subject, the vast majority have seen this thread as pointless, are they all wrong? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...