Jump to content

munoz

The Pointless Third Quarter Points Prediction

Recommended Posts

On 2/27/2020 at 8:19 AM, munoz said:

So , 6 points from 5 games with another 6 games to come. 

 

Not too bad, pity 2 of the remaining 6 are against the OF.

Still, one game at a time, St Johnstone next are on a completely run of form from the last time we pumped them.

On a knife edge TBH.

Celtic away after St Johnstone, then Hearts at home, Kilmarnock away, Rangers at home (Hope they keep their current form as we could get an unexpected point from this) and last game of this set of games away to Ross County. 

Hearts and Ross County games, IMO, best chances of wins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Not too bad, pity 2 of the remaining 6 are against the OF.

Still, one game at a time, St Johnstone next are on a completely run of form from the last time we pumped them.

On a knife edge TBH.

Celtic away after St Johnstone, then Hearts at home, Kilmarnock away, Rangers at home (Hope they keep their current form as we could get an unexpected point from this) and last game of this set of games away to Ross County. 

Hearts and Ross County games, IMO, best chances of wins. 

 Rangers with the form they are in just now could definitely present a decent opportunity to take something. 

If we can get a win on Wednesday night, it would be massive to the point where there's little pressure going to Parkhead. 

 

Edited by djchapsticks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 games remain.

Probably nowt from today then it's Hearts.

The Hearts game could go a long way to deciding our fate.

Beat them and we're sitting on 10 points for this set of games, more than decent with 3 games to play.

Lose, well, probably dropping into one of the dreaded bottom two places.

Not bothered about today too much but Wednesday really could be a cracker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

5 games remain.

Probably nowt from today then it's Hearts.

The Hearts game could go a long way to deciding our fate.

Beat them and we're sitting on 10 points for this set of games, more than decent with 3 games to play.

Lose, well, probably dropping into one of the dreaded bottom two places.

Not bothered about today too much but Wednesday really could be a cracker. 

7 points, 4 games to go in this set of games.

Exciting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2020 at 5:07 PM, faraway saint said:

7 points, 4 games to go in this set of games.

Exciting. 

10 points, ooft, and none more welcome than beating the team at the bottom.

The expected turn around from Hearts just isn't happening, thank feck. 

As I mentioned elsewhere, some breathing space, pressure on Hearts, a long way to come back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2020 at 1:36 AM, turrabuddie said:

Not sure where the last few pages of posts belong, but it’s certain not in this thread

Anyone out there with any comments on expected points for us in the remaining games, feel free ...

Even better question now Turra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2020 at 10:28 PM, St.Ricky said:

I'm happy for Sweeper that he feels secure in his faith. I'm equally content that others take a differerent view. My uncertainty is why this should be an issue. 

OKAY you ask a decent question. I've not checked to see ahead if others replied and I won't do the arrogant thing that one of them in particular does - tries to assume he knows what I think, believe etc. and it must be bollocks but still feels he can answer for all Christians.

The bottom line is this Christianity stuff is the only way, truth and offers perfect life in eternity through JC - and heaven is sparkling,  (see Rev 21) and we get glimpses and tasters of it here on earth once we truly become Christians.

So when you find the buried treasure, you know its treasure because it is of great value and your search has been rewarded. However, if you don't believe in the treasure map then you are not really looking for the treasure are you - even if you kid yourself on otherwise.

The crazy thing is I am trying to help others to know that there is real treasure for them IF THEY truly want it. My opponents though don't want anyone to find it because in their heads it cannot exist, and "if it really does" then the foundations of their belief system are wet sinking sand - not worth building upon. Imagine existing purely just to squirt some genes on for another generation to do the same - that is if you are able to pass them on at all...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

OKAY you ask a decent question. I've not checked to see ahead if others replied and I won't do the arrogant thing that one of them in particular does - tries to assume he knows what I think, believe etc. and it must be bollocks but still feels he can answer for all Christians.

The bottom line is this Christianity stuff is the only way, truth and offers perfect life in eternity through JC - and heaven is sparkling,  (see Rev 21) and we get glimpses and tasters of it here on earth once we truly become Christians.

So when you find the buried treasure, you know its treasure because it is of great value and your search has been rewarded. However, if you don't believe in the treasure map then you are not really looking for the treasure are you - even if you kid yourself on otherwise.

The crazy thing is I am trying to help others to know that there is real treasure for them IF THEY truly want it. My opponents though don't want anyone to find it because in their heads it cannot exist, and "if it really does" then the foundations of their belief system are wet sinking sand - not worth building upon. Imagine existing purely just to squirt some genes on for another generation to do the same - that is if you are able to pass them on at all...

I may not wholly share your views Sweeper but I do fully respect them. Belief is a very Individual thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

OKAY you ask a decent question. I've not checked to see ahead if others replied and I won't do the arrogant thing that one of them in particular does - tries to assume he knows what I think, believe etc. and it must be bollocks but still feels he can answer for all Christians.

The bottom line is this Christianity stuff is the only way, truth and offers perfect life in eternity through JC - and heaven is sparkling,  (see Rev 21) and we get glimpses and tasters of it here on earth once we truly become Christians.

So when you find the buried treasure, you know its treasure because it is of great value and your search has been rewarded. However, if you don't believe in the treasure map then you are not really looking for the treasure are you - even if you kid yourself on otherwise.

The crazy thing is I am trying to help others to know that there is real treasure for them IF THEY truly want it. My opponents though don't want anyone to find it because in their heads it cannot exist, and "if it really does" then the foundations of their belief system are wet sinking sand - not worth building upon. Imagine existing purely just to squirt some genes on for another generation to do the same - that is if you are able to pass them on at all...

 

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

I may not wholly share your views Sweeper but I do fully respect them. Belief is a very Individual thing

Unfortunately Old Sweep isn't content with it being an individual thing!! I agree that it should be an individual thing but Evangelism truly gets on my tits...…...can you imagine being stopped in the street by a couple of randoms trying to educate you that God doesn't exist and yet we've to respect others rights to preach to us about their beliefs because they think he/she does.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

 

Unfortunately Old Sweep isn't content with it being an individual thing!! I agree that it should be an individual thing but Evangelism truly gets on my tits...…...can you imagine being stopped in the street by a couple of randoms trying to educate you that God doesn't exist and yet we've to respect others rights to preach to us about their beliefs because they think he/she does.

 

Jehovah Witness punters tried that with me years ago........ they made a hasty retreat. 

Aye, believe what you like, just feck off and leave me alone. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Entirely possible there won't be a fourth "quarter" from a public health perspective.  It would then genuinely be pointless.  

From a pragmatic point of view they can stop the league right now 😊

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UEFA meeting on Tuesday via Conference call with every domestic European league, also obviously discussing UEFA 2020, Champions League & Europa League.

My feeling is they will just finish football everywhere start afresh in August as too many football people complaining about closed door matches and seeing as there is no end in sight think the easiest solution for them is to finish everything now.

Entirely possible there won't be a fourth "quarter" from a public health perspective.  It would then genuinely be pointless.  
From a pragmatic point of view they can stop the league right now 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ronnie said:

UEFA meeting on Tuesday via Conference call with every domestic European league, also obviously discussing UEFA 2020, Champions League & Europa League.

My feeling is they will just finish football everywhere start afresh in August as too many football people complaining about closed door matches and seeing as there is no end in sight think the easiest solution for them is to finish everything now.

I'd doubt that will happen, although with some of the hysteria that's going on nothings impossible.

Can you imagine what some teams, quite rightly, would say to that?

If we'd lost in Wednesday where would anyone on this forum stand? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, munoz said:

A win and draw required for my 14 points prediction. 

I am greedier - I want two wins - Killie and RC that gets me to my best case scenario of 16 - though I would more than happily take 3 from another previously extinct team like Hamilton recently did  ….

Your 14 would be good, my 16 might be unrealistic now - but we might see IF the matches get played at all . . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, David Mc said:

Entirely possible there won't be a fourth "quarter" from a public health perspective.  It would then genuinely be pointless.  

From a pragmatic point of view they can stop the league right now 😊

 

This may well be the outcome - and the current positions would stand. I understand two teams would be screaming mad about it but I am not sure what other options there may be.  Can see games restarting in May Midweek and weekend fixtures right through May and June . . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Ronnie said:

UEFA meeting on Tuesday via Conference call with every domestic European league, also obviously discussing UEFA 2020, Champions League & Europa League.

My feeling is they will just finish football everywhere start afresh in August as too many football people complaining about closed door matches and seeing as there is no end in sight think the easiest solution for them is to finish everything now.

One factor of note is that some players contracts will lapse if games are delayed and matches need to be played in late June or July to complete the season.

One factor for JG and GM to note is get the players we are planning to sign sorted earlier if you've got some weeks to plan in stead of playing...

Having a wee look at our squad it is 10 plus players away once more (at the end of the season unless some of the loanees become permanent signings for us (Thinking of Hodson and Jacubiak here)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, St.Ricky said:
On 3/12/2020 at 3:29 PM, Sweeper07 said:

OKAY you ask a decent question. I've not checked to see ahead if others replied and I won't do the arrogant thing that one of them in particular does - tries to assume he knows what I think, believe etc. and it must be bollocks but still feels he can answer for all Christians.

The bottom line is this Christianity stuff is the only way, truth and offers perfect life in eternity through JC - and heaven is sparkling,  (see Rev 21) and we get glimpses and tasters of it here on earth once we truly become Christians.

So when you find the buried treasure, you know its treasure because it is of great value and your search has been rewarded. However, if you don't believe in the treasure map then you are not really looking for the treasure are you - even if you kid yourself on otherwise.

The crazy thing is I am trying to help others to know that there is real treasure for them IF THEY truly want it. My opponents though don't want anyone to find it because in their heads it cannot exist, and "if it really does" then the foundations of their belief system are wet sinking sand - not worth building upon. Imagine existing purely just to squirt some genes on for another generation to do the same - that is if you are able to pass them on at all...

I may not wholly share your views Sweeper but I do fully respect them. Belief is a very Individual thing. 

As indeed is the choice to refute such beliefs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, faraway saint said:
23 hours ago, WeeBud said:

 

Unfortunately Old Sweep isn't content with it being an individual thing!! I agree that it should be an individual thing but Evangelism truly gets on my tits...…...can you imagine being stopped in the street by a couple of randoms trying to educate you that God doesn't exist and yet we've to respect others rights to preach to us about their beliefs because they think he/she does.

 

Jehovah Witness punters tried that with me years ago........ they made a hasty retreat. 

Aye, believe what you like, just feck off and leave me alone. 👍

If ONLY you reciprocated?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What utter nonsense as usual... you re-interpreted what I said and because I quoted an answer to your nonsense about snowglobes from one site you totally went off on one that I believe everything that the folk on that site believe... it was a simple fact that your argument was not based on the Hebrew that the bible verses you quoted from actually mean and you clearly showed that you had no understanding of it whatsoever (though you asserted that your atheist friends were experts on the Bible - Ho Ho laughable  - you simply hook line and sinker followed another atheists nonsense on that... you prove my point above - close minded and want others not to believe because your world would suddenly implode.... you argue from a completely ignorant standpoint on spiritual things that you have NO experience of - but yet you believe that you are smarter right...ha ha

Jehovah's witness are a sect and are not Christians - though they may claim to be. e.g. :-

They don't believe that the resurrection of Jesus Christ can in any way save people from their sins - contrary to Biblical teaching

They believe God created Jesus but he used to be the Archangel Michael    (conjured up from thin air)  etc. etc.

They believe you can earn your salvation - which according to the bible is clearly wrong - Galatians 3:22: “But the scripture says "of all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.”         i.e. It is the faith of Jesus not of us - -  yet another thing that most folk non-Christians don't understand about Christian faith !

Ephesians 2:8,9: “For by grace you are saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.”

 

The point about evangelism of true Christianity is this... if I or anyone found the cure (100% fix) for cancer it would be totally selfish not to let other people benefit from it. I don't stand on streets preaching at anyone, but if anyone seriously wants to engage, I give of my time, knowledge and EXPERIENCE to help them. AND it works - not always just like those who came to Jesus - some found eternal life while others hung on to temporary things of this world. I am not after anyone's money or allegiance, I am not out for anything for myself but sin is the rotting cancer that all humans suffer from (except for Christ Jesus) AND He is the only cure for it... e.g. so many people with psychological issue feel ashamed/guilty and that makes them suffer greatly - only Jesus can free them from this shame for ever...

NOW THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WITH THE PROSPECT OF THEIR BEING NO MORE POINTS TO PLAY FOR _ SESSION ENDED ! 4th bottom - an improvement !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, antrin said:

Yup.  Apart from your final blue line, it mostly was...

So am I wrong about JW's ?  And my experience is not true???

I think what you are saying is that YOU don't buy it - fine - it's your free will to choose what you believe... God never made any robots . . . :magic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...