Coronavirus

faraway saint

Guest TPAFKATS
Are you asking because you genuinely don't know or is it leading to another point? If it's leading to another point please just get on with it. 
After 4 months of this, that's some question to post on its own.
Arbroath's version of Chris Whitty.

18 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

We're done. 🙄

Pop back to P&B, I heard you've a pal over there. 

How many times have I heard that? Seems again I've made a point you can't address and we have a tap-out. 

In the past I have mostly just used P&B on the colts discussion and that's more or less the same this time. It's a better place to discuss it than on here. That might change though if B&W army shuts down, they might get the pleasure of my company a lot more... Lucky them. 

15 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Drat those pesky panic merchants from the ONS who today published a report on the virus in England concluding

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/bulletins/coronaviruscovid19infectionsurveypilot/england25june2020#incidence-rate

Actually if you look at the figures they appear to have gone beyond "levelling off" and in some cases are starting to increase again.

IIRC England started to ease lockdown restrictions on May 13...

@theknickerwetter

AwakenWithJP vs The ONS in conjuction with IQVIA, Oxford University and the UK Biocentre - who to trust!  :pepsi

You are overinterpreting these numbers.

The bar chart at the end shows that the confidence intervals for the 3 periods all overlap each other so statistically we can't make firm conclusions.

This is why I hate statistics. You can't trust anyone (not even universities) to present the figures without trying to make something out of nothing.

37 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

He's all over the place consistently contradicting himself, just to say England's doing great and Scotland should be following them.

UK locked down with 72 deaths in a day. England is opening up the High risk parts of the economy with over 140 deaths per day.
This is in the middle of a hot dry summer, christ knows what will happen when it gets colder and damper.

Scotland is trying to remain in lockdown a little longer so we don't get hit as bad when lockdown ends and cases invariably rise again. It's a bit pish now, for a better gain at the other end.

I suggest that it's highly speculative to think anyone knows anything about who/where might do  better in summer rather than winter, and sooner rather than later - WHEN LOCKDOWN ENDS.  Wherever you are, there seems to be a likelihood of a second wave.

We still don't know if this is a virus with legs or if it is killing itself off by killing off its hosts.

(fyi christ would know no better, either.)

34 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

How many times have I heard that? Seems again I've made a point you can't address and we have a tap-out. 

In the past I have mostly just used P&B on the colts discussion and that's more or less the same this time. It's a better place to discuss it than on here. That might change though if B&W army shuts down, they might get the pleasure of my company a lot more... Lucky them. 

Are you seriously suggesting that P&B is a better place to discuss covid???

Anyway, predictably you managed to piss everyone off on that site too. Not as much as I did, I will grant you that :D. But still...

Edited by oaksoft

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Are you seriously suggesting that P&B is a better place to discuss covid???

Anyway, predictably you managed to piss everyone off on that site too. Not as much as I did, I will grant you that :D. But still...

Better place to discuss colts than on here. Ffs Oak that's a poor attempt to spin even by your standards. 

I've only really noted and paid attention to negative responses from one poster (and even then it has been pretty civilised) and it's a guy that's for colt teams, he seems to be annoying a good few people.

You do get the same as here though. A small number of people that don't want to continue discussing a subject and think everyone else should have to stop as well. That seems pretty standard across all discussion platforms, never really understood it, much easier just to ignore and move on. 

Edited by bazil85

24 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Better place to discuss colts than on here. Ffs Oak that's a poor attempt to spin even by your standards. 

I've only really noted and paid attention to negative responses from one poster (and even then it has been pretty civilised) and it's a guy that's for colt teams, he seems to be annoying a good few people.

You do get the same as here though. A small number of people that don't want to continue discussing a subject and think everyone else should have to stop as well. That seems pretty standard across all discussion platforms, never really understood it, much easier just to ignore and move on. 

Fair enough. I misunderstood you. Quite spectacularly it seems. :D

That last sentence though :D. The day you ignore anyone posting a response to you is the day hell will freeze over. If it's that easy, lead by example.

Guest TPAFKATS
I suggest that it's highly speculative to think anyone knows anything about who/where might do  better in summer rather than winter, and sooner rather than later - WHEN LOCKDOWN ENDS.  Wherever you are, there seems to be a likelihood of a second wave.
We still don't know if this is a virus with legs or if it is killing itself off by killing off its hosts.
(fyi christ would know no better, either.)
I was trying to point out that actions are being taken now in Scotland to attempt to reduce the impact of more cases later.

The virus thrives in cold and damp conditions that's not speculative. Right now its summer in UK and England in particular is enjoying a hot mainly dry summer. Again not speculative.

England currently has daily death rate more than double what they were when UK went into lockdown.

Inadequate trace, test programme and they've just decided to open up pubs and other enclosed spaces while reducing social distancing.

A complete lack of leadership that will see the public being blamed for any rise in cases.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Fair enough. I misunderstood you. Quite spectacularly it seems. :D

That last sentence though :D. The day you ignore anyone posting a response to you is the day hell will freeze over. If it's that easy, lead by example.

I quite enjoy that part of the website, I respond because I want to. But if it's a subject I have no interest in I won't tell other people to stop commenting on it, I just wont get involved.

52 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I quite enjoy that part of the website, I respond because I want to. But if it's a subject I have no interest in I won't tell other people to stop commenting on it, I just wont get involved.

Oaky loves a bit of confrontation. He also seems to enjoy telling others what they should or shouldn't do. 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
4 hours ago, faraway saint said:
Todays number, 186.
This week, so far, has been all under the 200 mark but no continuation of a drop.
Cases still going down.
image.png.c61258e12a96ec1c0973e6a682b83f90.png

Highest for 10 days and higher than the equivalent day last week. Hopefully just a one day blip.

Aye, fatalities not matching the drop in cases.

Maybe the hot weather is contributing as it can do that to vulnerable people. 

One mistake governments have made, and continue to make, is announcing changes some time before these changes are MEANT to take place.

People being people will immediately take that as a green light to do the changes straight away.

I, and a few others, mentioned a while ago a big worry is the British being British. 

There's plenty of opportunity to get back to some normality while still taking basic precautions. 

Edited by faraway saint

It's the way you tell them Bobby. Basic rules of presentation being used by governments. Tell your audience what you are going to tell them, tell them and then tell them what you told them. The rule of 3's.

But, people being people, this still doesn't get through. Easier to adhere to with a clear stay at home message. Less easy as the various stages of lifting lockdown goes on. FACTS Bob. 

One mistake governments have made, and continue to make, is announcing changes some time before these changes are MEANT to take place.
People being people will immediately take that as a green light to do the changes straight away.
I, and a few others, mentioned a while ago a big worry is the British being British. 
There's plenty of opportunity to get back to some normality while still taking basic precautions. 

It's a difficult line as business needs the advance notice to prepare but I generally agree it encourages piss taking. They need to be more circumspect.

On 6/26/2020 at 6:52 AM, faraway saint said:

Yet is was ok for @TPAFKATS to use these countries to bash England? :blink:

I made the exact same point about the timing last night, see below.

Since Scotland is doing much better isn't it reasonable to expect the economy to be given a boost, as every other country has when the numbers are seen as manageable? 

I did say it was a poor comparison for either side to use.

On 6/26/2020 at 11:37 AM, St.Ricky said:

He who shall remain nameless shamefully plays to the gallery just to post build.

EH??? Do you actually think before you post? Have you read some of the guff you continuously put on these pages? No. Don't answer. It's pretty obvious looking at your attention seeking, pointless input.

24 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

EH??? Do you actually think before you post? Have you read some of the guff you continuously put on these pages? No. Don't answer. It's pretty obvious looking at your attention seeking, pointless input.

Oh dear. St Lucy loses it again. 

5 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
8 hours ago, faraway saint said:

It's a difficult line as business needs the advance notice to prepare but I generally agree it encourages piss taking. They need to be more circumspect.

Circumspect is perhaps a poor choice of word. Clear, consistent and leading by example works better. 

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

And, as usual, pricky doesn't see that highlighting an obvious inadequacy in himself is not a rant but a simple observation.

Inadequacy seems to be your speciality. The issue with the UK government lacks clarity, consistency and an obvious lack of any visible example being set by the PM, Minister and famously Cummings. Compare this with Scotland and the differences are glaringly obvious.