Coronavirus

faraway saint

26 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I know you have accused me of ‘chasing you all around the forum’ but to be honest I can’t really avoid you. You manage to contaminate every topic with your divisive nonsense. 

That's all Shull has done on here for years now, he's relentless at trolling. There is no way anyone's views on practically every topic that comes up just so happens to be the most controversial one. He purposely does it to get a reaction, well done to him because he often does (self admitted also)

You gotta hand it to Nigel. he sure knows his audience...:whistle

Reform UK: Brexit party to rebrand as anti-lockdown voice

The Brexit party has applied to the Electoral Commission to change its name to Reform UK in a bid to rebrand the party, which has no elected representatives, as a voice in the anti-lockdown movement.

The party’s leader, Nigel Farage, and chairman, Richard Tice, announced the plan in a joint article in the Telegraph where they wrote it was “time to redirect our energies”.

Edited by Bud the Baker

14 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Todays number 263, even after the data collectors having a few days doing feck all, the number is considerably down on last weeks highs of over 300.

Still holding onto my view things are flattening out. 

Certainly making the 80,000/100,000/120,000 figures look highly "unreasonable" :lol:

Incorrect

Premature

Jumping the gun

8 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Sweden battening down the hatches.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54797112

Still very low numbers (deaths) which are approx 2% of the worst numbers back in the early days although the cases have risen.

The report uses the Bazil approach, quoting as big a number as they can for dramatic effect (Typical BBC approach  since this started) but when you look at the details it's not as frightening as the headline makes out.

They do stress they are pinning hopes on the willingness of the public to get it back under control. 

Edited by faraway saint

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Still very low numbers (deaths) which are approx 2% of the worst numbers back in the early days although the cases have risen.

The report uses the Bazil approach, quoting as big a number as they can for dramatic effect (Typical BBC approach  since this started) but when you look at the details it's not as frightening as the headline makes out.

They do stress they are pinning hopes on the willingness of the public to get it back under control. 

I am not saying it will be "as big a number" as has been reported, you have said yourself worst case is quoting around 4,000. My estimate is nowhere near there. Another clear lie. 

34 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Bloomberg must be copying the BBC then.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-03/sweden-adds-restrictions-amid-very-serious-covid-resurgence

An interesting article.

https://bylinetimes.com/2020/11/02/like-north-korea-swedens-covid-critics-silenced/

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Interesting, utter alarmist drivel, quoting a possible "euthanasia" approach.

I stopped reading after that. :thumbsdown

21 hours ago, Russian Saint said:

Not 100% sure if you’re referring to the suicide rate per year and the fact that they come in June. So if the suicide rate is measured from January to December, I’d have thought they’d have a running tally. So I don’t understand why the figures are not published until 6 months later.
For sudden deaths (including suicides) the Post Mortem is usually conducted within a couple of days (pre Covid)

I'm talking about provisional data.  Sudden deaths are not deaths by misadventure, these can take months.

2 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I don’t have anyone on ignore on here, it’s not that he doesn’t have legitimate points on some topics, it’s just the far right bile that he is caught up in that needs challenged. 

Challenged?

You honestly think that challenging him would have any effect? :blink:

Aye, ok, fire in. :lol:

He's officially off his nut, has been for quite a while, totally changed. :1eye

There is apparently some confusion regarding the death toll today with contrasting reports in various news outlets and as yet no official note (from what I can tell). 

The most recent death figures from several sources is 397, yet another record high for the second half of the year.

Of course many of us are of the view that we'll need to wait to see what happens while accepting the concerning figures. One thing is for sure, it would be quite silly to point blank deny significantly higher numbers in deaths by the end of the year as a possibility. :whistle

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Todays number 263, even after the data collectors having a few days doing feck all, the number is considerably down on last weeks highs of over 300.

Still holding onto my view things are flattening out. 

Certainly making the 80,000/100,000/120,000 figures look highly "unreasonable" :lol:

Apologies, somebody just informed me the forum ghoul is overjoyed todays number seems to be 397. :(

I did wonder why he hadn't posted earlier, too busy crying that things were going well. 

What a dreadful outlook, happy when things are going in the wrong direction. 

NEVER posts a positive outlook. :thumbsdown

40 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Apologies, somebody just informed me the forum ghoul is overjoyed todays number seems to be 397. :(

I did wonder why he hadn't posted earlier, too busy crying that things were going well. 

What a dreadful outlook, happy when things are going in the wrong direction. 

NEVER posts a positive outlook. :thumbsdown

Still not true. No doubt this will be your deflection tactics if wrong on the subject instead of just being a bigger person & accepting it. 👍