Jump to content

Regale your stories


Recommended Posts

 Raith fan after asking who I support decided to gave me a slap while I was having a pee   :lol:

Wee git ran out the toilet after it and stuck like glue to a policeman who was walking back and forward at the front of the terracing.

Couldn't even get him after game due to where the bus was parked. 

Oh and lost the game to a injury time goal and I think Billy Johnson (spelling) got sent off for us.

Game would have been around the mid seventies at a time fans could walk around the ground. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

I really enjoyed our League Cup win in 2013 but had to leave before the cup was presented, much to my chagrin. I had a limo pick up outside the stadium to take me to the airport for a flight to Dubai. 

You could have gave Joe a lift to the Airport. 

Maybe, you're Joe ? :shockaroony

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

 Raith fan after asking who I support decided to gave me a slap while I was having a pee   :lol:

Wee git ran out the toilet after it and stuck like glue to a policeman who was walking back and forward at the front of the terracing.

Couldn't even get him after game due to where the bus was parked. 

Oh and lost the game to a injury time goal and I think Billy Johnson (spelling) got sent off for us.

Game would have been around the mid seventies at a time fans could walk around the ground. 

I remember us all changing ends at half time at Starks Park in the early 1970's. 

Unfortunately, the Raith neds weren't for changing and remained in their Shed behind the Goal. 

Heavily outnumbered we were chased tae feck back up to the other end. 

Cnuts :lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, shull said:

I remember us all changing ends at half time at Starks Park in the early 1970's. 

Unfortunately, the Raith neds weren't for changing and remained in their Shed behind the Goal. 

Heavily outnumbered we were chased tae feck back up to the other end. 

Cnuts :lol

Don't remember any trouble a the game, but fair to say I got slaughters on the Tudor bus on the way home since my mate who witness it decided to tell all on the bus  :boxing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Negotiating the bridge at Easter Road post match on any occasion was a “story” in itself. A truly terrifying experience as a teenager.

I’ve been back to ER twice in recent times for the first and second times since about 1985/86. It was a weird feeling that it was no longer a scary place.

Coming out of the most recent game, there was a small group of young Buds walking up ER singing, “Jack Ross is shaggin Stevie Mallan’s burd”. Jimmy H and I commented to each other that it was changed days and you’d never have done that in the 70s or 80s. It was very much scarf tucked away, Heid doon and get out of Dodge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Negotiating the bridge at Easter Road post match on any occasion was a “story” in itself. A truly terrifying experience as a teenager.

I’ve been back to ER twice in recent times for the first and second times since about 1985/86. It was a weird feeling that it was no longer a scary place.

Coming out of the most recent game, there was a small group of young Buds walking up ER singing, “Jack Ross is shaggin Stevie Mallan’s burd”. Jimmy H and I commented to each other that it was changed days and you’d never have done that in the 70s or 80s. It was very much scarf tucked away, Heid doon and get out of Dodge.

Hibs fans tend to like us now due to the amounts of times we have f**ked the Hearts up  :lol:

1986   1987   2011   2013  and maybe also 2020 if they go down  :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Negotiating the bridge at Easter Road post match on any occasion was a “story” in itself. A truly terrifying experience as a teenager.

I’ve been back to ER twice in recent times for the first and second times since about 1985/86. It was a weird feeling that it was no longer a scary place.

Coming out of the most recent game, there was a small group of young Buds walking up ER singing, “Jack Ross is shaggin Stevie Mallan’s burd”. Jimmy H and I commented to each other that it was changed days and you’d never have done that in the 70s or 80s. It was very much scarf tucked away, Heid doon and get out of Dodge.

The Bridge of Doom! It's legendary. 

Ach, I thought I'd find more about it online:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Leaving Tynecastle after a  2 nil defeat in the early 90's, heading back to the bus we were confronted by  few Hearts casuals. One guy on our bus took a couple of punches. Police arrived and broke it up.

Said young guy, while walking to the bus, snapped every car aerial off that he passed. Must have had about 20 or so of them.

I found it amusing back then but would be f**kin raging if it had happened to my car. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mind around the mid 80s when I was about 16 me and a mate got chased down Murray Street from a couple of Celtic fans, we left the game early hoping to avoid them coming out the away end as we were heading home to Feegie but ended up in the middle of thousands of the fcukers, 

Anyway the further we ran down Murray street the further away from the Celtic fans we got so we decided to slow down and let them catch us up, I'll never forget there faces when they realised they had isolated themselves from the rest of the fans, so us being very hospitable Fegs decided to give them what the wanted and ended up punching fcuk right out them, also remember a couple of older Celtic fans laughing as they walked by us saying well done lads the daft cnuts got what the deserved....😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Negotiating the bridge at Easter Road post match on any occasion was a “story” in itself. A truly terrifying experience as a teenager.
I’ve been back to ER twice in recent times for the first and second times since about 1985/86. It was a weird feeling that it was no longer a scary place.
Coming out of the most recent game, there was a small group of young Buds walking up ER singing, “Jack Ross is shaggin Stevie Mallan’s burd”. Jimmy H and I commented to each other that it was changed days and you’d never have done that in the 70s or 80s. It was very much scarf tucked away, Heid doon and get out of Dodge.

In the 70s we were either on Knox St or Rosebud bus for away games.

Remember one occasion they bricked the bus & put the windows in
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can relate to quite a few of the stories on Here. The 70’s and 80’s were as much about surviving the matchday never mind suffering the game play. I mainly travelled on the Tudor bus back then. Fergie’s furies they were the days. Bus windae’s tanned at Arbroath and Falkirk. A 0-0 home game against Kilmarnock at Love street where bottles and cans flew back and forward for most of the game and St Johns ambulance ran out of stretchers and bandages for the injured. A similar escapade at Airdrie the week after the famous Clydebank Xmas day game. The night we won the league in Dundee when the Dundee Derry tried to chase us out of town and a guy with a dart in the back of his napper at a The United Cup game. What about the next round in Motherwell.

Does anyone remember the day we played Celtic just after the pope had died unexpectedly on the Friday night and some guys thought it would be funny to display the newspaper pics of the dead pontif on our supporter bus windows. How our buses, never mind our windows, weren’t trashed that day I’ll never know. The Celtic fans weren’t the brightest though. Every time our bus passed a Celtic bus, they would spit at us. Stupid twats, I still laugh at the thought of their Grog running down the inside of their own windows.

I could cite hundreds more but I’m glad we’ve all moved on from that nonsense. Those Halcyon days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Fricky_Bellend said:


In the 70s we were either on Knox St or Rosebud bus for away games.

Remember one occasion they bricked the bus & put the windows in emoji15.png

I went on The Rosebud bus a few times in the early 80s. Interesting bunch of chaps on that bus. 🤣

Crackin laugh anytime I went on the bus.

My most regularly used bus was the one Tosh used to organise from the Tudor. Also used the Bridge St. and Court Bar buses a few times.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I went on The Rosebud bus a few times in the early 80s. Interesting bunch of chaps on that bus. 🤣

Crackin laugh anytime I went on the bus.

My most regularly used bus was the one Tosh used to organise from the Tudor. Also used the Bridge St. and Court Bar buses a few times.  

Junior Supporters.  Chivas, Knox Street and Brig Inn Buses for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Talking about the trouble at games in the 70s has reminded me of a guy who stood near me on the North Bank.

He would never stand still and was always fidgeting and jumping around.

One day I asked him what was wrong and he explained he was worried about people chucking bottles and cans at us.

I assured him if it was for him it would have his name on it. 

I'm called McEwan he replied.

I'll get my coat

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

At it’s peak, which I’m guessing would’ve been around the 77-82 period, how many Saints buses do we think were leaving the Paisley area for away games?

Fourteen was the maximum for general league matches. 

On special occasions, there was many more. 

144 buses for that Cup Tie at Fir Park. 

There was also the Football Special Trains, now and again from Gilmour Street. 

The Junior Supporters Club ran 3 buses for a spell during the Fergie era. One bus originating from Glenburn, one from Foxbar and the best one from Barrhead and all picking up from Bridge Street. 

Great times and easily affordable football and value for money. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, shull said:

Fourteen was the maximum for general league matches. 

On special occasions, there was many more. 

144 buses for that Cup Tie at Fir Park. 

There was also the Football Special Trains, now and again from Gilmour Street. 

The Junior Supporters Club ran 3 buses for a spell during the Fergie era. One bus originating from Glenburn, one from Foxbar and the best one from Barrhead and all picking up from Bridge Street. 

Great times and easily affordable football and value for money. 

Couldn’t even contemplate that now.

Another thing is that I was attending away games on supporters buses with my mates from as young as 11. I’m pretty sure parents these days would never allow that. It wasn’t bad parenting or anything, it was just different times. I think as kids we were so much more “streetwise” and independent than kids are these days. 
I remember one away game at Fir Park. We lost 1-0 (memory tells me Gregor Stevens May have scored their goal). It was bedlam inside the stadium and out. I remember at the final whistle I nearly got trampled to death by the Saints crowd in their rush to get out the ground for a square go. Fortunately some random man hauled me up by my collar and saw me alright. From memory me and my mate had to walk through a park or some woods to get back to the bus and a big guy from our bus (Tudor) called Mack (long hair and always bedecked in a long leather coat) was punching seven bells out of some (I presume) Motherwell fan in the woods. Either that or he’d just fallen out with his pal 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...