W6er

Films to watch on Amazon Prime and Netflix

6 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Season 6 of Bosch is set to premiere in April. emoji41.png

I hadn't heard of it but, since you mentioned it, I decided to give it a go. So far watched the first 4 episodes. A wee bit slow but OK.

3 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
22 minutes ago, stlucifer said:
I hadn't heard of it but, since you mentioned it, I decided to give it a go. So far watched the first 4 episodes. A wee bit slow but OK.

It is slow, but it's good.

Don't get me wrong. I have only seen Series 1 first 4 episodes and am intending to continue to watch it. So. No feckin' spoilers!😁

It is a slow burner but the character development is fantastic and it does become addictive.

Binged on Picard... Four consecutive episodes tonight to complete all nine currently available.

Episode 10 out tomorrow....

Trekkies will love it!

Works well as a stand alone series but so many nods to, and characters from.other spin off shows like Next Generation and Voyager!

On 3/24/2020 at 9:14 AM, BuddieinEK said:

Loved The Hunters on Prime, starring Al Pacino.

Very Tarantino like.

70s New York Nazi hunters!

Bosch was another cop series I really enjoyed on Prime.

On 3/24/2020 at 9:18 AM, Yflab said:

Have to agree about the Tarantino similarities. 

Good ending or a new series in the pipeline?

Thanks for the recommendations. I had given it a miss, as I feel the Holocaust coverage is relentless, compared to similar atrocities, but it is actually pretty good.

Just watched episode 10 of Picard.

Might just be my favourite Star Trek episode of any series of any variation of all time!

10 episodes.

Slow start.
Every episode better than the last.

Links all the variations beautifully (except the original).

17 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Just watched episode 10 of Picard.

Might just be my favourite Star Trek episode of any series of any variation of all time! emoji50.pngemoji50.pngemoji50.png

10 episodes.

Slow start.
Every episode better than the last.

Links all the variations beautifully (except the original).

You might be interested to know Discovery is returning in the summer.

16 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime.

Onto episode 5 of series 1.

Really enjoying it.

I watched this a while ago. Just watched Season 2 episode 1 this morning. Onto the second season of Bosch.

I have watched the first quarter of an hour of the second series of Sunderland Till I Die and come to the conclusion Charlie Methven is a f**king idiot.

f**k off. I've watched all 6 and I think he's fantastic! In fact I'm gutted he's left the club. He seems to be far more grounded and more football oriented than Stewart Donald. 
Absolutely no surprise you like the prick.

Erm, not sure where it's available but I watched the 2015 version of MacBeth with Michael Fassbender in the title role, visceral and visually stunning with a great soundtrack. It was well received by the critics but tanked at the box office so I guess it's a bit arty. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2884018/

8 hours ago, Dickson said:

Ross says he liked Maja, but it's quite clear that Maja didn't have much respect for Ross, especially not when he's gone in and cleared out his boots. Certainly not the same kind of relationship that you would see if you watch the excellent Bobby Robson documentary on Netflix where Guardiola claims he wrote Robson a letter after he took the Newcastle job begging him to sign him from Barcelona. Or where Gascoigne, Lineker and Ronaldo all talk about Robson as a father figure and the best manager they ever had.

Comparing Ross vs Robson is the equivalent of comparing Tom Hendrie vs Alex Ferguson at Man Utd.

Are you feeling ok? 

Watched the whole series yesterday and have to say I found it quite entertaining. It almost had me feeling sorry for them come the end of the season, after yet another bottle crashing.  

6 minutes ago, munoz said:

Watched the whole series yesterday and have to say I found it quite entertaining. It almost had me feeling sorry for them come the end of the season, after yet another bottle crashing.  

I really felt sorry for their supporters then I remembered who Dickson supported.

Fcuk them. Hope the league finishes now and they are in league one for another season at least.

10 minutes ago, munoz said:

I have absolutely no sympathy for them, a £34m wage bill, average wage 14k a week, crap contracts.

For me they embody everything wrong in Football, ala Sevco, throw money at it, anyone's money.

The fact that Ross came up against Stendal and lost says it all...

That's Charlie character just wanted his name in lights, a glory trip...… 46000 watching a mid table third tier team, still singing " we are the best team in the world "

Eh Reality check- does make for some comical viewing and shows that Jack has severe limitations as a manager

2 minutes ago, Dickson said:

Not that long ago people were likening Ross to Ferguson on this very forum. But you do make my point for me. Robson managed Ipswich Town from a run down club to winners of the Cup Winners Cup. Jack Ross took Sunderland to their lowest ever league finish in the history of the club despite having a side packed with internationalists, a wage budget £7m greater than any other club in their league and a Chairman who blew £3m buying a striker Ross wanted who can't score goals for the club. 

Ross is a clueless twat. 

Tbf , I wouldn't blame Ross for the position they ended up in. They have been on a downward spiral for years now with far more experienced managers than Ross getting the bullet.  For whatever reason,  they just seem to be one of these clubs- spent to much when in the Premiership but with no real back up plan for relegation/relegations.

7 minutes ago, Dickson said:

Not that long ago people were likening Ross to Ferguson on this very forum.

Well they did both win the First Division with Saints. Just need Jack to win the Europa League with Hibs, then win 13 EPL titles and its all square

2 minutes ago, Dickson said:

I laughed when Santori asked what they were singing. 

As for Methven though, the job he was there to do was to drive up income and slash expenses. Those crowds he achieved showed how well he did his job. 

Look I liked the guy, but he was still on an ego trip...………… Despite his intervention they still "failed" and they are still " failing".

They classify themselves as a BIG club. Well lets look at Sheffield Utd- Huge fan base , were down in the 3rd tier a good few years, but survived, stuck with guy at the helm and now look where they are. Sunderland change directions ever 6 months