Sign in to follow this  
Ayrshire Saints

14 September Indicative Return

The point is that pod pays more to watch Saints over a season than STHs do and yet finds himself behind them in the queue for everything.
You'd think that a fancy dancy super duper computer system would be capable of ordering customers by amount spent and that those at the top should be given the same privileges of STHs for the following season. If there ever was such a thing as a coding change requiring just an hour to implement, that would be it.
Despite having had a season ticket for decades prior to this season, I totally agree.

The club historically could have argued that they could rely on ST sales but not on people turning up on the day... But given the system for buying tickets, it should be very easy to reward fans like Pod who invested more in watching the team than any season ticket holder.

Just now, Long John Baldy said:

The point is that ST holders pay upfront, Pod, might, or might not, turn up therefore his spend is unknown.

That's why I said that privileges should be rewarded for the following season. That way they KNOW he's paid more than a STH for the previous season.

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

Despite having had a season ticket for decades prior to this season, I totally agree.

The club historically could have argued that they could rely on ST sales but not on people turning up on the day... But given the system for buying tickets, it should be very easy to reward fans like Pod who invested more in watching the team than any season ticket holder.

If my business should that I was rewarding second tier spenders like STHs instead of the highest spenders, I'd be very anxious to rectify that immediately. I just don't understand some business owners at all.

Just now, Long John Baldy said:

Hello, I turn up with my pocket full of cash, pay my money.............................how do you know who I am and how many games I attend?

Asking for a friend. 

I'm not dignifying that with an answer. Did you not get my last post?

2 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

So you don't have an answer.....................thanks, thought so. :byebye

Exactly.

You were supposed to say "Why not" and then I was going to say "Because I can't think of one" but you are a bit slow for that level of quality banter.

49 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The point is that pod pays more to watch Saints over a season than STHs do and yet finds himself behind them in the queue for everything.

You'd think that a fancy dancy super duper computer system would be capable of ordering customers by amount spent and that those at the top should be given the same privileges of STHs for the following season. If there ever was such a thing as a coding change requiring just an hour to implement, that would be it.

Yes Oaky, but Pod pays a premium for his preferred option of deferring his contributions to the club. That’s fair surely?

23 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

Aye, so punters that turn up and pay don't have any method to be recorded, even if they turn up every game, or not.

ST holders win. 

If you go to the ticket office during the week then I believe you need to either be previously registered or supply an address to buy a ticket. However I’m sure at that wee booth on a match day you don’t as the queue mores pretty rapidly unless everyone says the stay at the same hoose!

7 hours ago, Tommy said:

It will cost the club more to put a game on with fans than behind closed doors, so because of that some PATG might have to happen for the club to cover the extra cost. 

Maybe away fans will be allowed to help to cover the cost. 

I can see all clubs extending their dodgy streaming services on a pay per view basis for those who aren't season ticket holders, or continue free streaming for STH who can't get in.

1 hour ago, RichardBuddie said:

Only a thought, couldn’t we ‘bar’ away fans and have pay at the gate home fans in there, thinking mainly about (when fans get in), home games against say Hamilton & Ross County when both are luck to bring 200 fans?

To accommodate any likely restrictions the chances are that all four stands will be needed for ST holders.

5 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

The way I see it (and it makes no difference to me as I fit neither category) is that STHs pledge their cash to the Club up front which for obvious reasons will be highly beneficial to the club. You choose for reasons or convenience best known to you, to pledge your cash to the club on a week to week basis, which is still obviously hugely beneficial to the club, but arguably slightly less so.

So, in the highly unenviable position of the club having to make a very difficult decision, I could understand why preference would be given to STHs over fans in your category. 

Aren't all fans beneficial to the club. Some don't have the finance to pay up front. But that's not my excuse. Its being able to attend games with my son when he visits from Uni. I also purchase his ticket.  

It's would be a shame if it came down to us or them. 

4 minutes ago, pod said:

Aren't all fans beneficial to the club. Some don't have the finance to pay up front. But that's not my excuse. Its being able to attend games with my son when he visits from Uni. I also purchase his ticket.  

When there's going to be a limit it's going to be them. 😂

2 hours ago, pod said:

Why would you say “aren’t all fans beneficial to the club” when I clearly stated in my post that fans who choose to support the club in the way you do are “hugely beneficial to the club”? That doesn’t make any sense.

The point I was (I thought clearly) making, was that in the unenviable and highly unique circumstance of the club HAVNG to make a choice between the two, I could understand why they would err on the side of STHs. What is so difficult to understand about that?

If only there was such a thing as a non seat specific Season Ticket!

5 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
2 hours ago, pod said:

If only there was such a thing as a non seat specific Season Ticket!

Do you know someone mentioned that before.