Sign in to follow this  
faraway saint

St Mirren v Hamilton, 24th Oct 2020

I hate to be a doom merchant but there's an air of inevitability creeping into this. Just cannot see any scenario where this season is going to be completed. Really, the SPFL should have made this season a one-off shortened campaign with no Cups and perhaps 30 games.

This is hitting us right now and then it will hit other teams and the credibility of the entire league is going to be ruined. I suppose we also shouldn't rule out the same players having to self isolate more than once.

If we are now testing U21 players then we have a much larger pool to pick from so I expect that isolations permitting from the latest +ve cases we should be able to field a team. Whether that is a competitive team depends on who exactly is unavailable.

Think we will need to bring Jay Henderson and Joshua Jack back from their loans. Maybe Beadner as well.
Why ? They won't be in a testing regime at their loan clubs so couldn't play in a top league game. All recalling them would do is make them more susceptible to catching C19 and thus taking it back to their loan club players.

Ffs the seeth is amazing...
Who exactly is "seething" (bar Elvis who permanently is seething). Seems to me most folk are quite philosophical about it being part and parcel of trying to play football in the grip of a worldwide pandemic. Plenty opinion but I see no seethe.

15 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I am quite sure parent clubs cannot end loan arrangements when they feel like it.

I can’t find the rules. But what about emergency recall? It could be they can’t be recalled until January. A question for the SMiSA directors perhaps.....

34 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

I don’t think you actually know what seethe means, or able to spell it. Hopefully managers were able to read your super scout report, Gstretch.

Jesus calm down wee guy..its only a game football...u are obviously raging!

I can’t find the rules. But what about emergency recall? It could be they can’t be recalled until January. A question for the SMiSA directors perhaps.....

I believe any recall has to be written into the loan contract with usually an option for a return during the Jan window when the club the player is on loan to can find a replacement.

32 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I believe any recall has to be written into the loan contract with usually an option for a return during the Jan window when the club the player is on loan to can find a replacement.

You’d like to think that given what we know about this pandemic the club will have covered all bases to recall in an emergency. 

Maybe we will find something out in the next chairman’s update.......there must be a SMiSA Quarterly spend coming up.

D0BA208C-2C0A-4759-96F3-3D1224C7E962.gif.31affd5b24b104481aaf366e104ed577.gif

19 minutes ago, Yflab said:

You’d like to think that given what we know about this pandemic the club will have covered all bases to recall in an emergency. 

Maybe we will find something out in the next chairman’s update.......there must be a SMiSA Quarterly spend coming up.

D0BA208C-2C0A-4759-96F3-3D1224C7E962.gif.31affd5b24b104481aaf366e104ed577.gif

However that would leave an emergency for Clyde for example if we bring back 2 players that they are relying on when they have no chance to replace them. If all parties agree then maybe a player can be recalled but I doubt the loan club would agree outwith a transfer window especially if the player is playing regularly and is a success and if there is more than one player involved.

11 hours ago, Yflab said:

Loan players can be recalled at any time AFAIK. There wouldn't be any point though , as the player(s) couldn't play for the 1st team until the next window opens !

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

However that would leave an emergency for Clyde for example if we bring back 2 players that they are relying on when they have no chance to replace them. If all parties agree then maybe a player can be recalled but I doubt the loan club would agree outwith a transfer window especially if the player is playing regularly and is a success and if there is more than one player involved.

Makes sense. And Jay Henderson has been self isolating the last week or so. 

Why ? They won't be in a testing regime at their loan clubs so couldn't play in a top league game. All recalling them would do is make them more susceptible to catching C19 and thus taking it back to their loan club players.
Cos its 10 days isolation. These can come back. Be tested if there negative there free to play.