Jump to content

Livingston v St Mirren League Cup


Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...

Livy have given Aberdeen fans an allocation of 900 away tickets.
We should get the same or maybe more.
I do like an away day but if Livi stuck with their usual policy of £25 a head they can do one.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Prices (ticket only – no cash gates)

£25 Adults

£17 Concessions*

£10 U16s

* Full time students on production of a current matriculation card, U18s, registered disabled (if with a carer and under 65 full price paid but carer admitted free)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Ronnie said:
9 hours ago, shull said:
Livy have given Aberdeen fans an allocation of 900 away tickets.
We should get the same or maybe more.

I do like an away day but if Livi stuck with their usual policy of £25 a head they can do one.

Is it not down to both clubs to set the cost of tickets for cup matches? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

Prices (ticket only – no cash gates)

£25 Adults

£17 Concessions*

£10 U16s

* Full time students on production of a current matriculation card, U18s, registered disabled (if with a carer and under 65 full price paid but carer admitted free)

Surely not £25 for a League Cup Match. That is maybe their general league price which is still fecking extortionate.

I would expect the Cup tie to be around £12 to £15, which is still a rip off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Without wanting to underplay the potential financial hardship some fans may face, I really struggle to comprehend the moans about having to pay £25 instead of say £22.

If it’s a matter of principle rather than a financial matter, then I don’t think I could ever let that principle get in the way of me seeing my team. Especially if it is no fault of my team.

You boys up the road have no idea how lucky you are to have the option to see our beloved team every week. For the last 35 years (outside of family) it is the thing I have missed most about living in Scotland. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Without wanting to underplay the potential financial hardship some fans may face, I really struggle to comprehend the moans about having to pay £25 instead of say £22.

If it’s a matter of principle rather than a financial matter, then I don’t think I could ever let that principle get in the way of me seeing my team. Especially if it is no fault of my team.

You boys up the road have no idea how lucky you are to have the option to see our beloved team every week. For the last 35 years (outside of family) it is the thing I have missed most about living in Scotland. 

In fairness it does add up over the season

Going to 20 away games at £25 a pop is £500, at £15 per ticket, would only add up to £300

£200 difference over a season isn't much for some, but you'd definitely notice it if you're living paycheck to paycheck 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Doakes said:

In fairness it does add up over the season

Going to 20 away games at £25 a pop is £500, at £15 per ticket, would only add up to £300

£200 difference over a season isn't much for some, but you'd definitely notice it if you're living paycheck to paycheck 

Sorry mate, I wasn’t talking about those being the costs across the board. I was more talking about where we have outliers like Livi.

Whilst I understand the principle of wanting to say “f**k you” to clubs that are taking the piss, if it meant not being able to see the game, I’d struggle to stand by that principle.

That’s all I meant 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Sorry mate, I wasn’t talking about those being the costs across the board. I was more talking about where we have outliers like Livi.

Whilst I understand the principle of wanting to say “f**k you” to clubs that are taking the piss, if it meant not being able to see the game, I’d struggle to stand by that principle.

That’s all I meant 👍

Yeah I get you. 

For me, all games should have a max limit of £20 unless it's a premium seat or includes access to a bar/hospitality etc 

Not sure that £25 represents good value for money 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Yeah I get you. 

For me, all games should have a max limit of £20 unless it's a premium seat or includes access to a bar/hospitality etc 

Not sure that £25 represents good value for money 

Not sure ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find when these type of posts appear the people didn't have any intention of going anyway. :wink:
A bit like you then.

I have every intention of going to over 90% of St Mirren matches each season which I have done for over 30 years but despite the opportunity to go to Livingston and Celtic Park as first 2 away games in 17 months, the prices of £25 for a cup game and most likely £27+ to sit behind a pillar in East End of Glasgow they will be part of the 10% I miss unfortunately.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Doakes said:

If it's a padded seat in the directors box and a free pie included I'd be open to it :lol: 

Fair enough, especially as the Pie would be on sale for at least a tenner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

A bit like you then.

I have every intention of going to over 90% of St Mirren matches each season which I have done for over 30 years but despite the opportunity to go to Livingston and Celtic Park as first 2 away games in 17 months, the prices of £25 for a cup game and most likely £27+ to sit behind a pillar in East End of Glasgow they will be part of the 10% I miss unfortunately.

Naw, I don't post when I'm no going. 😛

My post count is high enough anyway. ☺️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Sorry mate, I wasn’t talking about those being the costs across the board. I was more talking about where we have outliers like Livi.

Whilst I understand the principle of wanting to say “f**k you” to clubs that are taking the piss, if it meant not being able to see the game, I’d struggle to stand by that principle.

That’s all I meant 👍

I, in general tend to agree, given I live down souf I buy the games BUT not Livi, didn't last year and wont this year, I might have paid £20 which is more than anyone else, but £25 really is extracting the urine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, jaybee said:

I, in general tend to agree, given I live down souf I buy the games BUT not Livi, didn't last year and wont this year, I might have paid £20 which is more than anyone else, but £25 really is extracting the urine.

I think the £25.00 is for ground entry (I don't think even that's been confirmed as yet) and not for PPVTV ...... unless I've misunderstood your point!!

Edited by WeeBud
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

I think the £25.00 is for ground entry (I don't think even that's been confirmed as yet) and not for PPVTV ...... unless I've misunderstood your point!!

PPV is £25 too, at least it was last year, I looked; as I buy all the other games even joining Premier tv  (and forgetting to cancel it, doh!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jaybee said:

PPV is £25 too, at least it was last year, I looked; as I buy all the other games even joining Premier tv  (and forgetting to cancel it, doh!)

I knew they were the most expensive last year but I'd be amazed (not for the first time) that they would charge £25.00 for TV coverage when actual live attendance cost £25.00.....we'll see I suppose

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...