The Lionesses Thread

shull

My wife is an ardent supporter of both football and women's rights but even she said she cannot watch this less than amateurish version of the beautiful game. She was the one who likened it to under 13's football. I don't understand how folk can fall for the media hype they've decided to pile on it. 

14 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

My wife is an ardent supporter of both football and women's rights but even she said she cannot watch this less than amateurish version of the beautiful game. She was the one who likened it to under 13's football. I don't understand how folk can fall for the media hype they've decided to pile on it. 

While it has some comedy moments comparing it to U13's is, frankly, hilarious.

There's been plenty of decent play and some good goals.

People forget that the men's game, especially here in Scotland, is far from this "beautiful game" at times. 

17 minutes ago, Slarti said:
32 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:
No plans for bank holiday if England win World Cup https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66524191

emoji23.png

Well, there wasn't a public holiday when Scotland won the Elephant Polo World Championships.

Maybe the first time but not the second I don't think 🤔

Just seen a wee bit of a piece on BBC news that a church will end its Sunday service early to allow people to watch the final.

They are also putting up a big screen to let those who wish to watch it in the church, and even bring in bevvy if they want to. :happyclapper

Well done them. 

Edited by faraway saint