St Mirren v Kilmarnock SPFL PREMIERSHIP 22/4/23

shull

12 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

I can't remember what i did that day.  Probably a couple of early lunctime beers in the Tudor  or the New Bar and then up the high st for records and maybe clothes.  I do know that i paid zero attention to what those shits did to each other on that particular afternoon.

Did ye aye?

If you paid zero attention to what was happening that day then you are either a complete weirdo of a St. Mirren fan or you were too ignorant to know the significance of the game. 
Just my view of course. 😀

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

13 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

The way to a sustainable top 6 for us is to have excellent young players led by experienced players in their prime. that  much  is obvious.   Attracting and keeping both types of talent is the big problem for us.  I would hope (and like to think)  that Robinson would field more youngsters if they are good enough.

The Scottish Premiership is now in a 3-tier situation with Aberdeen, the Edinburgh clubs and one other (currently us) making up the middle tier, all three of the others can regularly hit 20000 home ticket sales, more than double our potential and there is an obvious gulf in revenue between us and that has an obvious effect on what kind of player they attract , we would have to add another 6000 seats to seriously challenge their positions .   I am afraid the pecking order is about to be set in stone for the next 20 years.  Goodwin is clearly turning around United and if he carries on in that vein then they will probably usurp us.  Their current attendances average 8600 and they will hit the 9000+ mark if they continue to improve.  

Unless we can grow the club exponentially, then the best we can hope for is top 6 every 3-5 years whilst fighting it out with Killie, Motherwell and United. Given yesterday's crowd figures, i'd like to think we could actually sell more seats than we currently have on a regular basis.  As football attendances are on the rise in Scotland, it would be interesting to know if there is any research into our best potential that would indicate how much the club can possibly grow.  

I’m not sad enough to check and if you are, please feel free to prove me wrong, but the bit in bold sounds like complete and utter bollocks to me. 

31 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Did ye aye?

If you paid zero attention to what was happening that day then you are either a complete weirdo of a St. Mirren fan or you were too ignorant to know the significance of the game. 

Perhaps those fans never attended any of the first ever European games against IF Elfsborg and AS Saint-Étienne as a way of protest?

After all it was “tarnished” by qualifying because an OF team won the SC.

Jings.

They would have missed seeing Platini at Love St alongside our pal Reidy! 😂 

Yes I clearly know Platini never played at Love St. 😂 

35 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’m not sad enough to check and if you are, please feel free to prove me wrong, but the bit in bold sounds like complete and utter bollocks to me. 

Hibs https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/hibernian/attendances

Hearts https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/heart-of-midlothian/attendances

Aberdeen:

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/aberdeen/attendances

St Mirren:

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/st-mirren/attendances

1 hour ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Thanks Buddie.

So I was correct then. 👍

Hearts ground doesnae even hold 20k 🤣🤣

You didnae need to add the Saints averages though as I never disputed that the others crowds were more than double ours, just that they were “regularly getting 20000”. 
Hearts are the only team who regularly get close to their capacity even. The only times Hibs have got 20000 this season has been against Hearts apart from one random game against St. Johnstone. Aberdeen quite frankly aren’t even close to regularly getting 20k this season. They haven’t had it once 🤣🤣. In fact they’ve only had above 18k twice! 

27 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Thanks Buddie.

So I was correct then. 👍

You didnae need to add the Saints averages though as I never disputed that the others crowds were more than double ours, just that they were “regularly getting 20000”. 
Hearts are the only team who regularly get close to their capacity even. The only times Hibs have got 20000 this season has been against Hearts apart from one random game against St. Johnstone. Aberdeen quite frankly aren’t even close to regularly getting 20k this season. They haven’t had it once 🤣🤣. In fact they’ve only had above 18k twice! 

If I remember correctly the Hibs v St J match was a fiver to get in 

10 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Did ye aye?

As someone who was at the game in Boras that September, I am fully aware of what the game meant.   My celebrations were for the saints results that season and I'd never celebrate a Celtic or Rangers victory.  No weirdness involved but nice of you to weigh in with the personals, just so easy on a remote device, isn't it?

8 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Thanks Buddie.

So I was correct then. 👍

You do know that the use of inverted commas is to quote what is actually said rather than something close to it that suits your point?  All so you can split hairs over 148 seats.  Who's sad now?  Did I inadvertently piss in your porridge recently?  I can't think of another reason why you would go so far out your way to have a virtual go.  Sorry, I didn't mean to do it a second time.

And thanks for graciously admitting that the point was to highlight the gulf between us & them in potential revenue from tickets. 

So just to be straight, I said they can regularly hit 20k and for those with the capacity that will happen more often as the regular sides in middle tier of the premiership consolidate their positions.  Especially so if Rangers hit the financial buffers as they often threaten to do as that could open up a shot at 2nd place for one of those sides.

Now just to save you getting another wee nippy headache and lashing out again, I only suggested that those things CAN happen and didn't claim they will or did.  Hope you can see the difference now.  

Edited by beyond our ken

So with that logic @beyond our ken

If we manage to finish 5th in the league will you be wanting either Falkirk or ICT to win this seasons Scottish Cup?

If we finish 6th I would definitely want that outcome, but if we finish in 5th I want Saints to benefit from European competition once again if that means one of the arse cheeks wins the SC. 

Edited by Albanian Buddy

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

I said they can regularly hit 20k 

I repeat…..no they cant.
Unless you have a very strange definition of “regularly” which must mean never in your dictionary. At least n relation to Hearts and particularly Aberdeen. In relation to Hibs regularly must mean only when they are playing their city rivals., so maximum twice a season. 

Did have a wee chuckle at your suggestion I was the one getting my knickers in a twist just for pointing out a fact. 🤣🤣

You appear to be the one soiling your bedlinen dear. 
“Personals” 🤣🤣 That was the best one. Talk about touchy 🤣

8 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

So with that logic @beyond our ken

If we manage to finish 5th in the league will you be wanting either Falkirk or ICT to win this seasons Scottish Cup?

If we finish 6th I would definitely want that outcome, but if we finish in 5th I want Saints to benefit from European competition once again if that means one of the arse cheeks wins the SC. 

Anyone who doesn't want this outcome can soundly be accused of hating the OF more than they love St. Mirren. Something that I throw at Rangers and Celtic supporters all the time as winning is almost more a GIRUY to the other side than a celebration of actual achievement for their own side.

If we finish 5th or even 4th (as it will push us a round further on), I will be fully but admittedly ashamedly backing whichever arsecheek wins on Saturday/Sunday/whenever their semi is.

I have no issue about my morality being different to several on here… but folk(better St Mirren fans than me, allegedly) ARE going on about it kinda obsessively.  Maybe they’re seeing the light?

Anyway, interesting wee Twitter thread here…

Just can’t resist a wee sly dig and question other people’s “morality”! 😂 

I don’t think you were even at the public vote in the SMISA stadium when we all voted against our BoD as to what should happen to Rangers a decade ago. 

I believe there is no one directly associated with St Mirren who would take such a  “moral” stance. 

I can’t believe some St Mirren fans  would rather Falkirk or Inverness qualified for Europe at our expense if we were to achieve 5th place. 

That’s an incredible stance. 

On 4/25/2023 at 9:19 AM, Albanian Buddy said:

Just can’t resist a wee sly dig and question other people’s “morality”! 😂 

I don’t think you were even at the public vote in the SMISA stadium when we all voted against our BoD as to what should happen to Rangers a decade ago. 

I believe there is no one directly associated with St Mirren who would take such a  “moral” stance. 

I can’t believe some St Mirren fans  would rather Falkirk or Inverness qualified for Europe at our expense if we were to achieve 5th place. 

That’s an incredible stance. 

It isn’t incredible as I and others have subscribed to it.  We’ve said so - it's an observable reality - so it cannot be “incredible”.  
We have our own perfectly reasonable, valid but moral opinions on this which differ from yours.

If St Mirren aren’t good enough to win things on their own account, then scraps from the OF table shouldn’t be what we need.  Racists and bigots should not be applauded under any circumstances.

I would hope St Mirren can do enough in the league, on their own merit, not to need a bigoted boost - at the expense of a fellow diddy team.

(It’s like small nations being invaded by bigger ones and other small nations being happy it wasn’t them.  There should be solidarity against bullies and bigots.)

Saints got shifted easily out of the cup.  ICT and Falkirk have a slight chance of glory.  Good luck to them.

it gives me great pleasure that St Johnstone won more cups in a year than TheRangers had won in its history.  I hope for more of the same from diddy teams.

more importantly, it's just fitba: why do you get so het up when sensible people treat its outcomes in a rational manner?

Edited by antrin

42 minutes ago, antrin said:

Racists and bigots should not be applauded under any circumstances.

Agreed.

Where did I say they should?

Unfortunately some “supporters” of St Mirren FC have tarnished the reputation of the club down the years with racist, sectarian and disability abuse both domestically and internationally. 

Do not think that this is only an issue for the arse cheeks. 

Hopefully there is never ever a repeat of this behaviour involving St Mirren supporters. 

53 minutes ago, antrin said:

(It’s like small nations being invaded by bigger ones and other small nations being happy it wasn’t them.  There should be solidarity against bullies and bigots.)

That is beyond hypocritical coming from from a bonafide Quisling like your good self who cuddles up to Westminster and the London centric establishment. Talking about yourself as a “Londoner” not only because you happen to live in the London area, but like it’s some sort of badge of honour. A badge you proudly wear above any notion of Scottishness. 

Of course I don’t know any of the above as fact, it’s simply what I perceive from your postings. 

51 minutes ago, antrin said:

If St Mirren aren’t good enough to win things on their own account, then scraps from the OF table shouldn’t be what we need.  

OF? The mask is slipping!

How many times have you told us that no longer exists since Rangers died in 2012?

If St Mirren finish higher than 6th there is not one person directly associated with the club that will not be hoping that we can gain from an arse cheek winning the Scottish cup final. 

Our club posted a huge loss last set of accounts.

We desperately need to recoup as much money as possible.

If you and your merry band wish to take a moral stance (assuming we do achieve a UEFA spot on the back of the scenario described) then you sell your property in Chingford and write a cheque for John Needham to deposit in the clubs bank account and tell him that the club must not accept the scraps from the arse cheeks table.

He will laugh you out of town.

Most Saints fans will be hoping that Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs get scudded in the league games against the arse cheeks as again that potentially gives us a better chance if we can buck the trend and beat those two Glasgow sides. 

At EURO 96 did you cheer when Englands Seaman let a goal in against the Netherlands at Wembley?

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

That is beyond hypocritical coming from from a bonafide Quisling like your good self who cuddles up to Westminster and the London centric establishment. Talking about yourself as a “Londoner” not only because you happen to live in the London area, but like it’s some sort of badge of honour. A badge you proudly wear above any notion of Scottishness. 

Of course I don’t know any of the above as fact, it’s simply what I perceive from your postings. 

That's often the problem on here, TJ2 when perception overrules facts.

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Surely when facts are not known, perception and opinion is all we have?

Not sure anything is overruling anything. Just an exchange of views and opinions. 

Fair comment; but too often perception is exaggerated leading to excessive abuse. 

5 hours ago, antrin said:

It isn’t incredible as I and others have subscribed to it.  We’ve said so - it's an observable reality - so it cannot be “incredible”.  
We have our own perfectly reasonable, valid but moral opinions on this which differ from yours.

If St Mirren aren’t good enough to win things on their own account, then scraps from the OF table shouldn’t be what we need.  Racists and bigots should not be applauded under any circumstances.

I would hope St Mirren can do enough in the league, on their own merit, not to need a bigoted boost - at the expense of a fellow diddy team.

Saints got shifted easily out of the cup.  ICT and Falkirk have a slight chance of glory.  Good luck to them.

it gives me great pleasure that St Johnstone won more cups in a year than TheRangers had won in its history.  I hope for more of the same from diddy teams.

more importantly, it's just fitba: why do you get so het up when sensible people treat its outcomes in a rational manner?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oh to live in a fantasy world like this 🙈🙈🙈

Plenty scum and vermin masquerade as St Mirren fans- and racist and bigoted chants have plagued us over the years ( just ask Ruud Gullit & VVD) 

Alas,  there is poison in EVERY fanbase and we are absolutely no exception to this 

The OF are no better or no worse than anyone else 🤷🤷