Top 6 Game 1, Hibs v St Mirren 6/5/23

18 hours ago, W6er said:

I'm not the only one who likes to count dots:

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?362209-Attendance-v-St-Mirren

Apparently they have sold over 14,000 tickets for this, which should mean a good atmosphere.

I don't know how Hibs tickets usually sell around matchday but there could be a good few more than that at the game

Edited by beyond our ken

19 hours ago, W6er said:

I'm not the only one who likes to count dots:

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?362209-Attendance-v-St-Mirren

Apparently they have sold over 14,000 tickets for this, which should mean a good atmosphere.

Ground hold more than 20000 so more than 4000 seats still available. the now.

Don't think it will sell out but both clubs will likely sell a few more. 

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

Have postal tickets started dropping through letterboxes yet?  I had expected mine by now but the ticket office can be slow sometimes

I don't want to alarm you, but I do not trust the post. I think we should do what Killie did, and have an SLO hand them out outside the ground. We could charge a fee which will pay for the SLO's travel and a wage. I think for £1.50 that would be reasonable.

34 minutes ago, W6er said:

I don't want to alarm you, but I do not trust the post. I think we should do what Killie did, and have an SLO hand them out outside the ground. We could charge a fee which will pay for the SLO's travel and a wage. I think for £1.50 that would be reasonable.

I expect to be let down, it's just been that kind of week and the ticketing company have certainly let me down before.  Unfortunately I'm not well enough for the journey to Paisley to collect in person this week.

I think your suggestion os a good one

8 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

I expect to be let down, it's just been that kind of week and the ticketing company have certainly let me down before.  Unfortunately I'm not well enough for the journey to Paisley to collect in person this week.

I think your suggestion os a good one

I think it would be too late, unless they have yet to post it. If it hasn't come by Thursday, I'm sure someone on here, who's going, might be able to pick it up for you. I live in the East End and am working, nut could potentially arrange for someone to go for you on Friday, if the club agree to it.

26 minutes ago, W6er said:

I think it would be too late, unless they have yet to post it. If it hasn't come by Thursday, I'm sure someone on here, who's going, might be able to pick it up for you. I live in the East End and am working, nut could potentially arrange for someone to go for you on Friday, if the club agree to it.

That's a kind offer but it's fpr the club to sort it out.  I will get something fixed

For any other postal purchasers who dodnt get their ticket, make sure you log your details TODAY with the ticket office and your ticket will be reprinted and you can pick it up from Karen (SLO) outside the stadium tomorrow.  I hope the weather is good in Edinburgh (and pishing in London), it can be freezing in Leith.

Apparently, the failure to get the the tickets printed and posted happens with every game and a contingency gets drawn up, some way for a ticketing company to operate.  I hope the postage fees are refunded.

A bit disappointing that we can't sell out our allocation for this game. Kilmarnock without an away win in a year sold out 400 tickets more.

Our first top half finish and potentially European football for first time in 38/36 years and struggling to sell 1500 tickets.

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

A bit disappointing that we can't sell out our allocation for this game. Kilmarnock without an away win in a year sold out 400 tickets more.

Our first top half finish and potentially European football for first time in 38/36 years and struggling to sell 1500 tickets.

It coincides with the Coronation and many people are struggling financially. Have we definitely failed to sell out our allocation, btw?

16 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I think this shows the level of belief that the support has in our ability to finish better than 6th.  It might also be a reaction to the abysmal performance v Killie, who had been showing some improvement and have a potential game-changing player in Armstrong (maybe we should be targetting him for next season) which we obviously lack.  We are just not showing any kind of form recently but maybe the 2-week break will help us.  

The long weekend and the distance to travel might also be a factor, my take is that many fans possibly believe we are mid table and staying there so some apathy might have crept in.

With all that being said, if we win tomorrow and Hearts get a hammering then maybe the mood will change.  If there is some proof tomorrow that we can still improve our position then we can maybe get a bit of a boost for the fans

Edited by beyond our ken

15 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

I think this shows the level of belief that the support has in our ability to finish better than 6th.  It might also be a reaction to the abysmal performance v Killie, who had been showing some improvement and have a potential game-changing player in Armstrong (maybe we should be targetting him for next season) which we obviously lack.  We are just not showing any kind of form recently but maybe the 2-week break will help us.  

The long weekend and the distance to travel might also be a factor, my take is that many fans possibly believe we are mid table and staying there so some apathy might have crept in.

With all that being said, if we win tomorrow and Hearts get a hammering then maybe the mood will change.  If there is some proof tomorrow that we can still improve our position then we can maybe get a bit of a boost for the fans

Distance to travel ?  Really ?   FFS , Big Peter used to Cycle there 🎺 🚲 

It coincides with the Coronation and many people are struggling financially. Have we definitely failed to sell out our allocation, btw?
It was posted on St Mirren official media outlets still tickets available.

I understand the financial aspect but I'm 100% sure if this was a relegation "6 pointer" it would sell out no problem.

29 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

I think this shows the level of belief that the support has in our ability

We are just not showing any kind of form recently but maybe the 2-week break will help us.  

Not sure where you're getting this from, the consensus seems to be we have the best team we've had for years.

No form you say.............................short memory, focusing on the Killie game is very short sighted.

image.png.fb7e3b35bcebd9bc16e5dcbe4ecbccf2.png

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Not sure where you're getting this from, the consensus seems to be we have the best team we've had for years.

No form you say.............................short memory, focusing on the Killie game is very short sighted.

image.png.fb7e3b35bcebd9bc16e5dcbe4ecbccf2.png

Well I am not ignoring the Rangers performance or the result.  Penalties and sendings off have helped us recently in other games and the lack of goals from the front players is still a problem.

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

Well I am not ignoring the Rangers performance or the result.  Penalties and sendings off have helped us recently in other games and the lack of goals from the front players is still a problem.

Aye, coz we're the only team that gets penalties and players in the opposing team get sent off.

FFS. 

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, coz we're the only team that gets penalties and players in the opposing team get sent off.

FFS. 

Who said we were the only ones, apart from you, obviously?

we don’t know how our record would look without these events but they helped us when we needed it when there was little evidence of goals from open play 

our position is great but recent performances have not been. It doesn’t stop me or many others attending but obviously sales for tomorrow are not what many hoped and performance is always a factor 

6 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Who said we were the only ones, apart from you, obviously?

we don’t know how our record would look without these events but they helped us when we needed it when there was little evidence of goals from open play 

our position is great but recent performances have not been. It doesn’t stop me or many others attending but obviously sales for tomorrow are not what many hoped and performance is always a factor 

Why mention penalties and sendings off? 

You've done your best to paint a negative spin and your anecdotal point equals the square root of zero.

We'd scored 7 goals in 3 games before the disappointing Killie game, but you keep up your gloomy outlook. 

If this was a last game one-off winner takes all then I’m 100% sure a bigger crowd would attend.

Let’s not knock our crowd home or away. Those that can afford to go brilliant. But those who can’t should not be made to feel guilty. It’s a fcuking expensive day out once you factor everything in.

Just to put things into context.

The last time we qualified for European football via our league position the attendances of our final 5 games were:

IMG_1648.thumb.jpeg.4d897906638afffcfef5bd8fcc1861b4.jpeg

IMG_1646.thumb.jpeg.53c0c59f3ad562340d86801eb7a589f4.jpeg

IMG_1644.thumb.jpeg.bfbff791f764e4183b2a5cca98dc546a.jpeg

IMG_1643.thumb.jpeg.6a5f9832bc8f9b550962c192cb502d42.jpeg

IMG_1642.thumb.jpeg.70c99c6aab177850dec6ae9bc73a8fb7.jpeg

1 hour ago, Albanian Buddy said:

If this was a last game one-off winner takes all then I’m 100% sure a bigger crowd would attend.

Let’s not knock our crowd home or away. Those that can afford to go brilliant. But those who can’t should not be made to feel guilty. It’s a fcuking expensive day out once you factor everything in.

The last time we qualified for European football via our league position the attendances of our final 5 games were:

Wasn't just us having poor home crowd at that time  🤔

Hope the score is the same against the Edinburgh pair.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Why mention penalties and sendings off? 

You've done your best to paint a negative spin and your anecdotal point equals the square root of zero.

We'd scored 7 goals in 3 games before the disappointing Killie game, but you keep up your gloomy outlook. 

You can't even read what is in front of you, i stated that the Killie performance was a possible reason why we haven't sold quite as many tickets as we would like.  It was terrible and with obvious extra fans making the effort to attend that day then my view is that the flatness will discourage some from returning until they have something else to cheer about and that will only come from the next 2 results.

If I'm so gloomy then why will I be attending, instead of sitting in the house watching the coronation?  where will you be?

3 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

You can't even read what is in front of you, i stated that the Killie performance was a possible reason why we haven't sold quite as many tickets as we would like.  It was terrible and with obvious extra fans making the effort to attend that day then my view is that the flatness will discourage some from returning until they have something else to cheer about and that will only come from the next 2 results.

If I'm so gloomy then why will I be attending, instead of sitting in the house watching the coronation?  where will you be?

^^^ raging. 🤡🤡🤡

2 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Incredibly low gates back then and not just our home gates.

A lot of guys in the non OF sides that would go on to successful careers. How about this for an XI:

Money

Clarke, Hendry, Levein, McKinlay

Connor, Brown, Rice

McAvennie, Robertson, Durie