Explosive Smisa application

5 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

My apologies.

Application made for funding to finance a build on Club land without the required club permission.

Is that worse or better than a planning application?

Cheers Basil.

You've compared Shull's 10+year "hang up" to AW's stadium ban that was lifted less than a week ago. Yes, that is still topical.

I take it, the SMISA SGM that was due to take place last Tuesday had absolutely no bearing whatsoever.

We're agreed on it being the right thing that the stadium ban has been lifted.

That was utterly embarrassing. I can only imagine the eye rolling by the SMISA/ St Mirren BOD’s when it came in. 
I’m taking more about what has caused all this, than lifting his ban.

That really needs to be put to bed. My comparison was to show, it’s flogging a dead horse that even Shull would be proud of.  

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I’m taking more about what has caused all this, than lifting his ban.

That really needs to be put to bed. My comparison was to show, it’s flogging a dead horse that even Shull would be proud of.  

🤣🤣

Somehow, I don't think it'll be swept under the carpet as quickly as you'd like to see.

25 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

🤣🤣

Somehow, I don't think it'll be swept under the carpet as quickly as you'd like to see.

Oh I know that. It’s the nature of many of our St Moan fanbase. Just can’t let things go, even the most trivial matters like this one.

AW has optimised that. He’s paid a heavy price for his moaning & ego. 

My apologies.
Application made for funding to finance a build on Club land without the required club permission.

That's the grey area. [emoji6]

I'd hate to think that the Kibble's intention was to get the funding then put our club under pressure to sell for the wellbeing of the application and its objectives.

I have mentioned before. The land is no where big enough on its own for the planned intentions.

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Oh I know that. It’s the nature of many of our St Moan fanbase. Just can’t let things go, even the most trivial matters like this one.

Yet another dig at St Mirren supporters! Petty and ironic in the extreme. 

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Baz I think it is admirable that you are so committed to the current ownership model but sometimes it comes across as slavish unquestioning obedience and that isn't necessarily a good thing.

Which couldn't have been passed anyway without 100%  Board approval. AW stirred up a hornets nest because he thinks he's relevant , when he clearly isn't ! IMO 

1 hour ago, StanleySaint said:

Baz I think it is admirable that you are so committed to the current ownership model but sometimes it comes across as slavish unquestioning obedience and that isn't necessarily a good thing.

People will have different opinions, I get that. I just think this is being made a bigger deal than it has to be because it has happened at a time when the club is doing very well on & off the park. 

Gives something for people to have a wee moan about & I do get, some people like to have that. 

Which couldn't have been passed anyway without 100%  Board approval. AW stirred up a hornets nest because he thinks he's relevant , when he clearly isn't ! IMO 

The biggest point to me is, if they have done this once, how many other times have they done something similar, or how many times would they have done something similar if they had got away with this time.

It's not really about the scope of the "crime", it's about the trustworthiness of those involved.

11 hours ago, billyg said:

Is that meant to make it alright?

How difficult/fractious could that board have become if the funding application had been approved  & not everyone on the board did not agree (as it appears to have transpired).

I'll stick with having appropriate conversations and getting the required permissions in the right order.

13 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

That's the grey area. emoji6.png

I'd hate to think that the Kibble's intention was to get the funding then put our club under pressure to sell for the wellbeing of the application and its objectives.

Was there an intention for them.to buy the bit of land from The Club?

6 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

Forget Asda.

We might spot Basil at a hardware store trying to buy a bigger broom

🤣🤣🤣

You could cough this situation under the rug, it’s that trivial. 

I don’t understand fans being so raging over a scenario that never happened a year ago. They probably still have a picture of Ian Harte up on the dartboard  😅

Edited by bazil85

18 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I don’t understand fans being so raging over a scenario that never happened a year ago. They probably still have a picture of Ian Harte up on the dartboard  😅

🤣🤣

Are you now claiming, Kibble's funding application never happened?

You're almost Donald Trump like in your trivialisation & denial of anything Kibble that comes under scrutiny.

You could borrow Triggers broom, it's been well maintained for 20 years 🤣

Edited by Kombibuddie
Typo

19 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

f**k sake Bazil , even for you that’s a cracker 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Yeah , it's all water under the bridge now. It's not happening , Kibble are part of the club for the foreseeable , and the team are doing well. SR is very vocal about the support he gets from Keith Lasley and Jim Gillespie on the football side of things and long may that continue !

4 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

🤣🤣

Are you now claiming, Kibble's funding application never happened?

You're almost Donald Trump like in your trivialisation & denial of anything Kibble that comes under scrutiny.

You could borrow Triggers broom, it's been well maintained for 20 years 🤣

4 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

f**k sake Bazil , even for you that’s a cracker 😂😂😂

Never happened (and there was no risk whatsoever of it happening without St Mirren green lighting it) as in the buying of/ building on St Mirren land.

But of course you both know that. 

IMG_0714.jpeg

8 hours ago, bazil85 said:

it seems to me that people are more pi**ed about your eagerness to diminish its importance and for it to be swept under the carpet.........smoke........fire!

9 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Never happened (and there was no risk whatsoever of it happening without St Mirren green lighting it) as in the buying of/ building on St Mirren land.

But of course you both know that. 

IMG_0714.jpeg

So , last year you say there was no plan put forward by Kibble , albeit at very early stage , to secure public funding for a project which used the name of other parties ( or party ) without their knowledge ?

So that did not happen at all - that’s what you’re saying ? Right ? 🤔

52 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

So , last year you say there was no plan put forward by Kibble , albeit at very early stage , to secure public funding for a project which used the name of other parties ( or party ) without their knowledge ?

So that did not happen at all - that’s what you’re saying ? Right ? 🤔

You can’t seriously have gotten that from what I posted. Read what I said again if you need to. 

Here’s a clue for what to focus on ‘as in the buying of/ building on St Mirren land.’