Top 6, game 3, Celtic v St Mirren, 20/5/23

Just now, alwaystrue said:

Even the eternal optimist in me is struggling to pick a positive outcome today. After last week's disappointment for us and their embarrassment at losing to their other arse cheek, I can't see anything other than a barnstorming 3 -3 draw 🙏🤔😁

And just checked, bookies agree it's 90/1. Get a fiver on it and thank me later 👍

2 minutes ago, Jockmd said:

When did this crap all start in football? 

I thought it showed a great deal of respect by Celtic that day (especially as we had beaten them in the semifinal) but it’s so fcuking unnecessary. They did not need to do it. 

Perhaps we could have risen above this by being respectful, applauding them on and then pumping them off the park. 

1 minute ago, Albanian Buddy said:

When did this crap all start in football? 

I thought it showed a great deal of respect by Celtic that day (especially as we had beaten them in the semifinal) but it’s so fcuking unnecessary. They did not need to do it. 

Perhaps we could have risen above this by being respectful, applauding them on and then pumping them off the park. 

I have been told we did it for Rangers.

4 minutes ago, Jockmd said:

I have been told we did it for Rangers.

No doubt by a Celtic fan. 😂

I honestly don’t think it warrants being part of the game. 

It’s up there with club anthems just before kick off, music after goals, and these fcukers with bits of card asking for a players shirt that ends up on eBay. 

1 minute ago, Albanian Buddy said:

It’s up there with club anthems just before kick off, music after goals, and these fcukers with bits of card asking for a players shirt that ends up on eBay. 

Bugger.

I agree with all of that.  :(

3 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

You sound like a blue nose 😁.  This is no big deal to do it but it could motivate Celtic to beat us even more. 

15 minutes ago, Jockmd said:

You sound like a blue nose 😁.  This is no big deal to do it but it could motivate Celtic to beat us even more. 

Am I wrong to suggest it’s either one or the other of those arse cheeks who have given you this “evidence”? It’s classic “whataboutery” from the bigot brothers.
I have no time for at all for either arse cheek.
I clearly said it was no big deal to do it if that is what the modern way of doing things is.

I think you are looking for an argument where there clearly isn’t one.

Ok so since you are awash with the facts when did we do this for Rangers, Celtic or any other teams? 

I honestly can’t remember. It’s modern football gone mad. 

I don’t think Callum McGregor and his squad of millionaires will use this snub as a motivation to beat us. It clearly failed to motivate them last week.
They are expected to win and comfortably too. If we get a positive result today (win or draw) it’s a coupon buster. 

1 hour ago, Jockmd said:

Right, I'm going to take this to the very top to ask why we took the decision at Boardroom level not to give the Green Vermin a guard of honour.

So, @bazil85, why did you make that decision?! :P