Boardroom News

8 hours ago, Warrior Saint said:

🤣🤣🤣absolute liar...

Incorrect. 

you only said I could answer yes or no, for a question that clearly demands more background. (As is often the case with the yes or no argument style) 

St Mirren are a fan owned club, the fan group own the football club. Having other shareholders doesn’t change that.

It’s like saying Elon Musk doesn’t own Space X because they have other shareholders. Its pedantic, petty & sour grapes. 

Fan ownership delivered 😀

3 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

the club was supposedly all but 100% fan owned when he actually JOINED the board for the first time.  Some people who were not fans inherited shares they decided to keep for family reasons, I know several people in that position.

SMISA bought their shares from the previous major shareholders, etc, as well as the piecemeal collection of shares over the years.

I sold my Honda last year, does that mean I delivered transportation for the masses or did i simply sell a Honda?

I really don’t get your analogy here. 

I personally think there is a difference between delivering fan ownership in the way of a fan group & our previous ownership structures which happened to have St Mirren fans on our board/ chairman. 

If you don’t see/ understand the difference, fine. 

13 hours ago, bazil85 said:

If anyone doesn’t understand the difference between the fan ownership model we achieved & previous ownership models, fine. 

The model is and always been a private limited company owned by shareholders 

Previously those shares were directly owned by fans of the club. What is different now is that a huge chunk of the shareholders are an unconnected third party organisation while the majority is owned by a private supporters organisation of which you need to be a member.

Here to help 👍

Edited by Sue Denim

7 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

Previously those shares were directly owned by fans of the club. What is different now is that a huge chunk of the shareholders are an unconnected third party organisation while the majority is owned by a private supporters organisation of which you need to be a member.

Here to help 👍

True... but prepare for incoming as the truth offends those who will not see, believe, or even consider the facts. 

Majority fan owned. 

16 hours ago, elvis said:

73%

It works out at 72.5% as Kibble purchased 27.5%.

Although there are likely going to be some non St Mirren supporting individuals within the “minority” group of shareholders that comprise the remaining 21.5% outside the SMiSA 51% majority.

I’m not sure what to do with my shares in event of my death as there is no one left to pass them onto.

It works out at 72.5% as Kibble purchased 27.5%.
Although there are likely going to be some non St Mirren supporting individuals within the “minority” group of shareholders that comprise the remaining 21.5% outside the SMiSA 51% majority.
I’m not sure what to do with my shares in event of my death as there is no one left to pass them onto.

You could leave them to Kibble. :whistle

9 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

Here to help 👍

Oh I knew the difference. You were the one that didn’t seem to understand & what’s actually being talked about, when we say, we are now ‘fan owned’ 

Seems you’ve educated yourself on what’s ‘different now’ 👍

11 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Oh I knew the difference. You were the one that didn’t seem to understand & what’s actually being talked about, when we say, we are now ‘fan owned’ 

Seems you’ve educated yourself on what’s ‘different now’ 👍

We’ve always been fan owned since we were incorporated, as I said in my first post.

Glad to see you agree despite the mainly irrelevant and contradictory reply 😆

Edited by Sue Denim

17 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

The thing is, when Gilmour and co took over, they had at least 2 rights share issues where they encouraged the fans to buy the shares instead of them.

The fans largely ignored it and hence Gilmour and co were landed with majority ownership 

That’s how I acquired my shares.

I believe others (possibly yourself and your brother) inherited and subsequently sold their shares…… nice work. Well done! 😂